Why do Arch users like to brag they use Arch?

>ubuntu fags are content with their "just werkz" distro
>manjarofags use bots to #1 on distrowatch but they don't brag out it
>gentoofags tell you to "install gentoo" but they're not autistic about converting you
I thought "How do you know if someone uses Arch? They'll tell you" was just a meme, but it's actually real.

Attached: 1553139729863.png (1280x720, 609K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arch is so good I feel the need to tell everyone about it. Did I mention I use Arch?

I used Debian and I told anyone I used Debian when they asked.
I use Arch and tell anyone I use Arch when they ask.

debian netinstall and arch are the only important distros, everything else is a meme

No one actually uses arch, it's just a huge lie.

Because Arch is slightly more difficult to install and a lot of people equate using console to install your operating system (following the wiki guide) to being tech savvy/ahead of the curve.

Arch is good tho. Don't really need it, but it's cool that it exists.

because partitioning your hard drive makes you feel like a bad ass hacker

Pseudointellectuals, they think it matters and since they have awful social lifes, they think the fact that it matters makes them relevant. They are just dumb people with dumb egos in the end.

Attached: 1498126124339.jpg (265x259, 22K)

Arch is another example of OSS being inefficient, nobody uses it on the grand scheme like Fedora or Debian for example, all the work and effort is going to waste that could be contributed somewhere else, just because "freetards" are, well, mostly tards and feel the need to be snowflakes.

Ah yes, I used Arch. How could you tell?

Attached: 1507663982202.png (2335x2335, 402K)

stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOperatingSystems.htm
>Ubuntu has 20 times the number of users of Fedora
and we see more Fedora shills than Ubuntu shills
>Fedora has 10 times the number of users of Linux Mint
and we see yet more mint shills than fedora shills
>Linux mint has 10 times the number of users of arch, and around 5 times the number of users of gentoo
and yet, arch users are the lousiest retards shilling their pre alpha distro because they are so leet for using the terminal to install it.
Like all other fucking distros just have the terminal as decoration

this, they could have just started working at fedora rawhide but no, they need their snowflake distro

Yes centralize your operations into a single organization. It's not like the CoC controversy or Windows taught us that is retarded.

Cause it's an OS for gatekeeping neckbeards. They think they're smart because they can type things into a command line and RTFM.

>gentoo has twice as many users as arch
WTF this is a surprise to me

Give me a valid reason for me to not tell you that I use Arch. Otherwise you have a non-problem. Not replying to any social construct reasons, cause those are not reasonably valid.

True story that happened to me last night:
>At the bar
>Linux comes up
>Everyone starts sharing which distro they run and why
>First guy says Ubuntu, he's a bit of an idiot/gets shitty grades so a few of us chuckle and make fun of him for using Ubuntu
>Next guy says Arch and starts ranting about how fucking awesome it is all this shit he can do
>Next guy also says Arch, and they both start sperging about Arch together and how hard it is to install and how pro they must be because they can follow a Wiki
>My turn, I use Debian, I'm certainly one of the higher achievers in the group, good grades, I've held research positions etc etc
>People comment that it "seems like the type of distro you would use"
>My closest buddies turn, he also does fairly well and is pretty well respected, he uses fucking Trisquel. I poke fun of him for it and call him a freetard, but most people have never even heard of it
>Another close friend of mine who is a very high achiever (Masters student, typically top of the class, ~90s average, regularly does published research, etc etc) he uses Fedora
>Finally, it comes around to the TOP AUTIST among us
>dude is a literal fucking prodigy
>every line of code he writes is gold
>he graduated high-school at 14 and he's very obviously PhD track
>has held multiple research positions and he isn't even old enough to fucking drink, (and at a much nicer uni than we're all attending)
>Windows

Arch made me a man able to bring back Asuka's smile

Attached: Asuka1.jpg (2592x1458, 1.07M)

honestly you have to have a really high IQ to appreciate Arch. Room temp normies who allow a wizard to install their OS for them are just jealous.

but having a shit ton of unknown Linux clients kind of adds uncertainty. that's what happens when you go to wikipedia with tor or noscript kek. Imagine if those 2000 millions were all Gentoo users with noscript

I mean, windows just works, the only Linux distro ive seen so far that comes close is openSUSE

me too. because Arch wiki is actually really good and a lot of other linux distros will even direct you there.
I think arch people unironically have high IQ because writing good documentation on par with RHEL for free is quite impressive.

when you use Slackware or CentOS as your daily driver you will feel dumb for thinking you knew "linux".
Building and packaging from tarballs is the most manly and satisfactory experience. Though you should only do it when necessary, as the point of a distro is to make it easy for you to have the software installed.
Greetings fellow Arch users.

actually since I left arch for more stable distros I end up looking for quick options there since they offer what most people probably are looking for. But it doesn't replace man pages as arch wiki is sometimes outdated, as in there is a new easier solution for something

nothing replaces man pages but it's a good extension.

hope you are happy, now im gay

>Manjaro users use bots
Imagine having to cope this much.

fpbp, btw I use arch

how much do you download in a day in upgrades? though since it is used in the desktop upgrading every month or week wouldn't hurt. I like more centos and slackware because of the slower roll, and compile when I actually want newer. I don't care about git pre-releases I only want the latest stable.
I kind of avoid debian since they change the folder structure of upstream for literally no reason

This isn’t that surprising a lot of kernel developers use gentoo
gentoo manpages tend to be better

Gentoo is easy to install and you actually compile it yourself. There’s nothing hard about arch. I usually use fedora because I’m not insecure enough in my Linux knowledge to use a crutch like arch only so I can brag about shit like this

>CoC controversy

Attached: polnigger.jpg (546x700, 136K)

which one is the most common between kernel developers? Gonna lurk this tomorrow.
is portage is still written in python?
Also I couldn't care less about learning about "use flags" to disable features I don't need or gentoo specific tools.
And it's just dumb to me to not have a binary release, I mean a small base like centos or slackware at least.
I rather would just package an rpm if I need to.
The only case I would use gentoo is to build a specific operative system which needs to be run in bulk, but then you would rather just use something else and build on top. I kind of don't understand a legit case for gentoo

>spic ""women

Attached: 1556181161557.gif (360x360, 2.49M)

Why do people like you try to generalize other people and put labels on them for the sake of debate?

I don't know I always used arch cause I found it easier and less annoying than Debian based distros

Can I get a mahou shoujo Alice gf if I install arch?
I'd compile that shit in 1 min straight if that's the case. Up and running in no time.

Attached: Toddu_.png (870x894, 610K)

I've never said I use arch because I don't consider it hard to use or to install. If archfags seriously think installing, let alone maintaining arch is somehow difficult they need to get the rope, you only need to read 3 pages that are not really that long and you get a functional arch install complete with autostarting X at login and whatever meme DE you chose.

/thread

>Why do Arch users like to brag they use Arch?
they don't or maybe they do on reddit so it's not because they're archers but because they're faggots

Their are like 5 comments in this thread that day, "btw I use arch"

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>NSA IBM RedHat Fedora
no thanks

I swear to god I've never read anyone bragging about Arch on here, just people complaining about people bragging about Arch

cope

>>gentoofags tell you to "install gentoo" but they're not autistic about converting you

Install gentoo

you are literally using systemd, pulseaudio and network manager retard

Been thinking about it.
Did I mention I'm using Arch?

install gentoo

Why do Arch users have to tell everyone that they use Arch?

Attached: 1556096894559.png (787x633, 475K)

they don't have to.
btw I use arch

Attached: 2019-04-15_01:45:32.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)