Touch typing is the worst boomer meme of all time

Touch typing is the worst boomer meme of all time
>DUDE JUST AUTISTICALLY MEMORIZE WHAT KEYS EACH OF YOUR FINGERS CAN TOUCH
OK, so what do you do when you're jacking off and you can only type with one hand? Huh? Your little scheme completely and utterly falls apart.
Meanwhile, based zoomtyping just needs you to memorize the layout, then use whatever fingers you need.

Attached: 0_gtN8lOemEF_7I5bb.png (1514x938, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.typeracer.com?rt=1d6a2udvn5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Masturbation is a terrible habit and something that shouldn't be accepted as some fact of life. Your post is pathetic.

Learn how to use your motor skills and muscle memory OP, holy fucking shit.
>just use whatever fingers you need
>just intentionally do things wrong and refuse to learn the correct way
You realize they have typing games for retarded shits like you that can't focus on one task for more than 20 minutes?

OK, I will heed your advice and eat Kellogg's™ Corn Flakes™ to stop masturbating. How do I eat and type at the same time?

Furthermore, once you memorize qwerty you can do it with one hand albeit not fast.

>How do I eat and type at the same time?

Attached: o-BURGER-KING-HANDS-FREE-WHOPPER-facebook.jpg (1536x960, 116K)

It's not that hard and like any skill becomes easier over time.

Huh, I always thought touch typing was typing without looking.
So touch typing is mapping certain fingers to only hit specific keys
and zoom typing is typing without looking..?

I’ve literally zoom typed all my life then. I don’t know anyone who obeys touch typing at all. I can type ~120-130wpm with zoom typing. I was raised on way too much computer games.

>I can type ~120-130wpm
Why do people like to fucking lie about their typing speed? It's nearly impossible to type faster than about 100wpm.

>LOL JUST BECAUSE YOU TYPE 100WPM--
I type about 70WPM, actually. I've seen people type insanely fast and they type around 100WPM, and there's basically zero room for improvement because at that point you hit an actual fucking limit.

So stop lying.

>hur i'm not lying lel
You are.

I’m not lying. I did it on 10fastfingers. Although the words to type there are much more simple, it’s defintely possible. My best on there was 134 wpm. I feel like reading ability is a factor in it as well, as I need to quickly read each word and possibly see the next incoming word when doing so. I assure you that I regularly can get 120-130 on there.

A much more difficult corpus with bigger words and way more punctuation? I believe i’ve scored 100-108wpm in there.

I spent my childhood playing aol kids games, club penguin, runescape, and TONS of world of warcraft. I still play wow to this day and. i am a software developer. i was born in 1995 and i remember playing on the computer when Dial yo was a thing.

>simple words
Okay, there's the issue. And yes, 100-108 is well within possible limitations. So there you go. Don't say you can type insane, impossible WPM rates if you just use dumbed down typing tests. You have to measure your WPM using realistic copy.

but in a real situation, I don’t really type with punctuation, and I usually don’t type any difficult words. Plus, I can type freely what my mind thinks which is much faster than what my eyes can read on a screen, all while being sure not too miss reading a word and stuff.

So that’s how I figure I can type at least 115wpm, assuming my own mind can generate a truly random word for me to type at any given moment.

Speech recognition, duh.

It's like you retards just came from Jow Forums yesterday.

I type at about 90 WPM without touch typing.
I don't see the point of putting the time and effort to learn touch typing.

forget what all the chumps tell you about learning how to touch type. The best way to learn is to just learn a new layout from scratch. That's what I did and it only took me around six months to switch to dvorak.

that autistic shit is "home row position typing"
"touch typing" is just pressing buttons because you know where they are by feel

> It's nearly impossible to type faster than about 100wpm.
stenographers are about 225wpm

>I type about 70WPM, actually. I've seen people type insanely fast and they type around 100WPM
your experiences are more limited than your motor skills
even someone using hunt and peck can get to 100wpm

Learning to touch type doesn't prevent you from learning to type one handed, you moron.

Of course your post is bait but I will at least extol the virtues of touch typing.

I'm 28 - not a boomer. I learned to touch type on my dad's desktop PC in the mid 90s, when I was a small kid. He had a copy of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing - I think it came free with the computer. That software is awesome, it's basically a video game that teaches you to type. He didn't have any other video games so I played Mavis Beacon out of boredom.

It's been an invaluable life skill since then. I've been able to type properly my whole life. Okay maybe not completely properly - I never really learned the number/symbol keys properly, so sometimes I hunt and peck when using them. But for the letters I'm pretty proficient.

It really is an invaluable life skill. Especially if you're thinking of going into a career that uses a lot of typing, e.g. journalism or the civil service or government, where you have to write lots of stuff. I am actually a web dev and maybe I should have learned those symbols properly because I find touch typing doesn't really help me for web dev, because you have to use symbols often, and like I say, I never really learned to touch type symbols properly. I guess I probably should.

I'm not sure how it's possible that you didn't know that touch typing means that you hit certain keys with certain fingers.

Also how the hell do you type fast if you're using different fingers for the same key all the time? That makes zero sense whatsoever

What shit thread.
Touch typing died with touchscreen keyboards
Fuck zoomers

>tfw touch typing on my qwerty phone

Homerow and touch typing routinely get used interchangeably so it's understandable. Eventually you stop typing letters and start typing sequences, contorting your hand to best strike the next few keys in a sentence.

i don't jack off
if i jack off i just start a video. Why type while jacking off?

Attached: bodado:D.jpg (480x640, 169K)

>not fapping and shitposting one handed
Noobs
My 5inch phone is too small for my big meaty hands

>he doesn't use messagease

Attached: Screenshot_20190425-032056.png (720x1280, 108K)

kek

wasd with this
:puke:

its unironically good once you get used to it
way better on a tiny ass touchscreen than qwerty

I never specifically tried to memorize which finger goes to which key. But if you just hold your fingers the way the keyboard invites you to, you will eventually arrive at more or less correct touch-typing with no real effort other than just using the keyboard normally.

you type faster than you read? wut

although i'm now unable to use qwerty on a phone :DDD

Attached: 112_zps1bc1847c .jpg (2448x3264, 1.93M)

Just use a 1-handed keyboard

stenographers use a pidgin minimized english "alphabet" and you're stupid.
>the rest of this post
and you're stupid.

Bugger off, ya cunt.

>way better on a tiny ass touchscreen than qwerty
Maybe, but I don't use a tiny ass touchscreen for typing

this

10fastfingers sucks
I hate normie retards who spam 10fastfingers for 2 minutes and then are like 'yeah I type at 120 wpm easy'
Go on typeracer.com, they actually have pieces of prose with punctuation

do people actually use their pinky

>there are people with whomstdve you share this board with who cannot touch type

Attached: 1495249439032_2.jpg (403x400, 29K)

play.typeracer.com?rt=1d6a2udvn5

BLOGPOST TIME

On QWERTY, without touch typing (that is, using any finger I wanted without looking at the screen), I was hitting around 80 WPM. Then I made the effort to learn how to touch typing (that is, trying to use all 10 fingers).

It didn't take too long to get used to it (maybe a day or two) and I realised that I have started to type a lot slower overall, but also in a much more relaxed fashion. My fastest average speed with touch typing was probably around 70 WPM.

In either case, I decided I'd learn a different layout because typing in QWERTY felt really uncomfortable with all 10 fingers. Instead of learning already existing layouts like Colemak, Dvorak, Workman or similar, I used online analysers to develop my own with my own preferences.

Now my typing speed is like 50 WPM, and I can't really use QWERTY at all. Overall, I wouldn't recommend what I did to other people, but I don't really regret it either. Typing on my layout is more fun imo, albeit slower apparently (or maybe I am still not used to it).

Attached: trumpet-playing-frog.jpg (402x402, 31K)

This is the worst thread on Jow Forums right now.

I am legitimately vexed.

Shift keys only for me

>He hasn't learned a left hand keyboard layout for masturbation

Pathetic, no dedication at all

>not sshing into a sex bot and giving it commands to beat your meat for you
PATHETIC

wow.
of all the things i've seen on this board, this is the image that finally made me re-evaluate my life.
i'm finally free; thanks Jow Forums

I literally could not tell you what key is where on a keyboard. It's all must be memory.