>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?

Attached: sqt.png (358x292, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/401754718552
a.4cdn.org//boards.json;
pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition/autopilot-skyrim-mod-skytrek
files.catbox.moe/r9oikm.png
google.com/search?q=windows 7 bsod kmode_exception_not_handled
crucial.com/wcsstore/CrucialSAS/pdf/product-flyer/crucial-mx500-ssd-productflyer-en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone know how to make certain drives inaccessible or accessible depending on what drive you are booting from?
I want to do work/programming on my old gaming pc but it probably has a shitton of viruses since i uninstalled/disabled all virus protection years ago and was too lazy to turn it back on. And since then i have often installed sketchy stuff. I thought of maybe just encrypting the work drive but ideally i dont want to be able to acces files from other drives when booting from the work drive to make it feel like just 2 seperate PCs.

Attached: 1464209779832.jpg (960x960, 454K)

How do I use my phone as a computer mic ? WoMic gives me the "Failed to connect to server for media stream" shit

Attached: rtbzrd.png (492x536, 300K)

this is a repost
is it possible to reinstall post-2010 MS office without logging into a microsoft account?

tl;dr: i cant just use the usual way to reinstall office, but i have a legit license

i have an activated office 365 and want to reinstall it after i reinstalled windows (the office 365 is tied to the same machine which i am going to reinstall windows)
according to microsoft, you have to log into the microsoft account which is bound to the office 365 subscription
but the subscription is claimed with a student email from my siblings (with their consent), but i dont have the password for that account
as a result, i cant reinstall office in usual way

Since there's no csg...
Are these legit? Lifetime Office 365 with 5TB Onedrive (this is what I'm interested).
ebay.com/itm/401754718552
>You can not use your own email address for this subscription.
>You will receive a username and password for Activated 0ffice 365.
>You can change Password after initial login, however the username remains as is.
Why can't I use my email address? Is this the trick? Will they ask password recovery and lock me out?
Thanks!

javac works but whenever I try compiling something I get this:

Error: Could not find or load main class MyClass.java
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyClass.java

Attached: proof that javac works.png (751x255, 17K)

>no boy
>no previous thread
>no link to sticky
>no LTSC pastebins
How does one screw up this bad? >_

Attached: mad.jpg (556x669, 52K)

it's just MyClass not MyClass.java

I just bought a GTX 1660 OC version. Do I still need to download a program to overclock it or is it already done for me?

Bring back the loli OPs, returd

How do I at computer?

I have been trying for 2 days straight but can't seem to figure it out.

Attached: CEB9FFE3-80EF-4D69-AAB0-4AD70803DEA3.gif (500x281, 1.54M)

it should be done for you. what brand is it?

Quick question Jow Forums. I was getting really shit internet performance over the last couple of weeks or so and I could not figure out the problem. This morning, I switched my Ethernet cable to another slot in my router and suddenly I get good speeds again. What could be causing this? I literally didn't do anything except unplug it from one slot and plug it into another. Is this normal?

Attached: Speed.png (1595x599, 47K)

it's a gigabyte one

OC models come factory overclocked. But you can overclock it further if you want with MSI Afterburner.

Linux bros, i just want a pdf reader with highlight option.

For some reason youtube videos aren't autoplaying when I open a page. They start paused and I have to click on them for them to play.

Only happens on Firefox, I already tried with a clean Firefox re-install and nothing.

Is there a way, some special software, to check the 'health' of external drives?

I know there's always an accompanying software to go with your internal SSD. But I want to see how my external portable HDDs are doing. Possible?
And what about small flash storage like USB sticks and SD cards? I guess not for them, right?

Attached: Toshiba-Canvio-Basics-2TB-Photo-box-front.jpg (800x896, 104K)

there's a setting somewhere

all HDD manufacturers have tools on their website, and for the rest just get one of those drive health checking tools, im sure there's a list in the sticky thread wiki

It happens at random. Some video begins paused, then I click another video and autoplays like it should.

This, i miss my shotas.

Something is wrong with my computer and I can’t post.
It says error loading a.4cdn.org//boards.json;
Followed by some adive to say go chrome://flags/#network-service to disable it. I can’t find the flags, does anyone know how I can fix this.

your addons fucking shit up

I use waterfox and I'm insane. I want to disable my spellchecker but google ain't helping. Help?

Is there a way to disable the "More videos" popup that Youtube videos show when you pause them?
Google told me that adding "youtube.com##.ytp-scroll-min.ytp-pause-overlay" on my uBO Filters would do the trick, but it doesn't work.

! YouTube Video Annotations
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-cards-teaser-text
www.youtube.com##.ytp-cards-button-icon-default
www.youtube.com##.annotation-type-text.annotation
www.youtube.com##.ytp-scroll-min.ytp-pause-overlay
www.youtube.com###offer-module > .ytd-watch.style-scope
www.youtube.com##.annotation-type-text.annotation-popup-shape.annotation-shape
www.youtube.com##.annotation-type-text.annotation-speech-shape.annotation-shape
www.youtube.com##.annotation-type-text.annotation-popup-shape.annotation-shape:nth-of-type(3)
www.youtube.com##.annotation-type-text.annotation-popup-shape.annotation-shape:nth-of-type(7)
www.youtube.com##.annotation-type-text.annotation-popup-shape.annotation-shape:nth-of-type(5)
www.youtube.com##.ytp-suggestion-set.ytp-videowall-still

Doesn't seem to work, sadly.
Can you check if it appears on your end in the video embedded here?
pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-special-edition/autopilot-skyrim-mod-skytrek

test

test

So I figured out that it was 4 chan X that was fucking my shit up, it was working fine last week.

Why are vpns usually so slow? Doesn't a normal HTTP request from me to google go through multiple nodes/server and yet the site still loads quickly? One additional node shouldn't slow down the system to only several KiB per second

After the Renovate Ice rom died because the dev lost his S8+ or something I've been wondering how the hell I get back to stock rom on my S8. I've got TWRP, custom firmware, obviously rooted the thing, and the custom rom. Is it enough to just get the stock rom?

Where do I begin unfucking my phone?

cus ur a cheap fuck not paying for a good one like PIA or Nord which have 100Mbit

you're doing something wrong, i dont get anything

Attached: file.png (602x343, 18K)

How do you check for trademarks before releasing your applications?

?

If I release something, I don't want to receive a DMCA for using a trademarked name. But I have no idea how to avoid this.

Retard here, I have 2 PCs, 1 is connected to VPN for torrents since it's like my HTPC and 2 is my Gaymen PC that isn't connected to VPN. If I'm on PC2 and access PC1's torrent client via web UI and download something that my ISP would give me a notice for like AAA game or a Netflix show would I be fine or should I just stick with torrenting stuff on PC1?

Attached: vbtux.png (173x204, 25K)

>you're doing something wrong
Am I?
files.catbox.moe/r9oikm.png

(Sorry, I'd attach the picture but the faggot janitors have banned my region from uploading pics in this board for the past 2 months or so now.)

Hey,
My HDD only reads at ~80MB/s now despite the average score for it being >150
It's a meme hybrid drive I got a good deal on a couple years ago, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

All diagnostics tools like CrystalDiskInfo say I'm 100% in the clear.

Where is the pastebin on how to get various versions of Windows that were in the last OP?

im tired of the shitty raspberry pi camera flimsy faggot sunny connector always failing on me. if I can get a good connection them pour some rubber cement on it, would it fuck anything up?

if it's not working, yes, you might have done something else like turned off blocking on the URL completely or have some whitelist.

speeds depend on the workload and is UP TO the advertised speeds.

It also depends whether it is sequential or random reading, the size of the file you are reading and even fragmentation of the drive.

Most of the speeds you see on specs are done in ideal conditions to get the best speeds

electrical tape?

>if it's not working, yes, you might have done something else like turned off blocking on the URL completely or have some whitelist.
All right, found it. It was an addon called "Privacy Enhanced Mode for Embedded YouTube" that was causing it.
Thanks!

what is a good VPN please? USA here.

IPS panel or VA for visuals? IPS seems to get recommended by gaymers but VA seems to be favored by everyone else. The monitor is 50/50 for games and movies so I'm split down the middle, looking at two $400 monitors both with good reviews.
Any good sites for comparing monitors online?

google "VPN court proven"

you could have checked for answers in the other thread before posting, you had 5 over minutes.

I need some tip with upgrading my PC, my current setup: Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1050 TI, 1TB HDD. Where to start? I'm between GPU and HDD, and I found the following deals:
-Crucial MX500 1TB for BRL (Brazilian Real) 900.00
-Corsair MP510 480GB for BRL 570.00
-Sapphire RX590 8GB Nitro+ for BRL 1300.00
-Sapphire RX580 8GB Pulse for BRL 1100.00
I'm not really into overclocking to justify Nitro+ and I think MP510 would get bottlenecked by the CPU/GPU so I guess my options are either the Crucial's 1TB SSD or RX580 8GB Pulse.

so, pia? why not just say so

not your personal spoonfeeding googling assistant

this is a Q&A thread, isn't it? anyway, did you mean pia?

>this is a Q&A thread, isn't it?
yeah, but it's not a spoonfeeding thread, dipshit. if you want help we expect you to at least have tried to find the answer yourself, lazy cunt.

and i meant any of the ones that have proven in court to not keep logs, then it's up to you to choose one that has the best offer/features

Posting again another user did tell me it was SCA SCSI but are these male or female? Wat is the exact HDD i need for this? I know its 80pin atleast i thi m

Attached: Screenshot_20190411-012136_Gallery.jpg (1080x1432, 1.15M)

Second tbought i think its 68pin

I'm assuming it's for gaming, if so get a cheap 120gb ssd for os and one of the graphic cards. Ingame performance > load screen performance.

Shall I replace my 10 years old mechanical drives, just in case?

S.M.A.R.T says they are healthy. And I don't need any more space actually. I have two 1 TB drives from 2009

Attached: Clipboard024546.jpg (748x506, 217K)

Does anyone know why I get this from buster ext? Hasnt been working.

Attached: qwe.png (377x295, 13K)

get a 250 GB ssd first

SSD just speeds up boot and loading and overall snappyness of your OS, but GPU is probably more useful to start.
>MP510 would get bottlenecked by the CPU/GPU
the fuck are you talking about? the storage drive will always be the bottleneck

What the fuck can cause a windows 7 to bsod with error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED? I've been getting these more lately than all my in life.

Just got a new botphone. What do? How can I code from this thing? Can I ssh into my home server? No that I have one.

have you tried looking at these?

google.com/search?q=windows 7 bsod kmode_exception_not_handled

damn, I've just seen a "Jow Forums's guide to installing Windows 10" picture here but can't find it, show me where I saw it or repost it pls

Yeah but most of the sites either tell me to download their bullshit tool to magically fix my windows problems, or to update my drivers, which I already did with my gpu since my motherboard is abandonware.
It was time to reinstall the OS anyway.

Anyone here has any idea how to fix mobo (and cpu) overheating?
mobo is snsv m2n32-sli deluxe
goes even as far as 52 degrees celsius, cpu 55-60, cpu is athlon x2 6000
Pls halp ;-;

replace thermal paste, get better heatsinks, get better case airflow

I would make sure that any data on there is backed up at least. But as long as it's not making sound and it's healthy in SMART, it'll probably be fine.

hypothetically speaking, if you found a laptop and then factory resetted it, is it possible for the original owner to find it?

I'd bet Macs have some kind of app that would let the apple store clerk do that. I dunno, something that would say "Hey, the computer with S/N X was near those 3 wi-fi hotspots, here's the coordinates".

what he said
and add more fans

I need to format my boot drive, then install windows 10 again. I have no access to a usb drive, the installer tool doesnt let me use a partition only a usb drive.

Thanks guys! ^^

Thanks for the replies.
Should I get 120 or 240? I checked my stuff and C partition with only OS and a few programs (no game) was ~70GB, while most games occupies ~40GB (except modded skyrim with whooping 200GB, but that's mostly resource redundancy due to Mod Organizer).
120GB would work well for OS only, while 240GB would give me a little room for normal games.
I'll be looking for a quick SSD upgrade (~240GB) and save for a good GPU then.
>the fuck are you talking about? the storage drive will always be the bottleneck
Granted, I'm parroting a comment I saw on a video comparing loading time between 2.5" SSD (~500MB/s reading) vs M.2 (~3000MB/s reading) which had little difference and the comment accused that CPU was bottlenecking nvme.
I'll still be considering a M.2 SSD if I find any good deal, as it doesn't require cabling.

I imagine this would work even if the OS was factory resetted. What would happen if the OS was replaced entirely? Would you be out of luck?

>HDMI cable from PS4 => Monitor => USB cable from monitors usb port to Speaker.

This wont work right? Do I need audio separator or how its called?

you should get minimum 500GB boot drive for OS and programs and games. because that means you will be uninstalling and reinstalling games less often which doesnt wear out the drives, this is especially true for cheaper drives with less TBW

Sometimes you can chain load an iso from grub. It's almost impossible to find instructions on it though because searching for " iso grub" just gives instructions on how to put grub on a usb stick from an iso.
Just goto Target and get a usb3 flash drive for like 10 dollars. Make sure it's usb3 because usb2 is agonizingly slow and the windows installer is like 10gigs

can i somehow limit a program's kernel mode cpu usage?

Attached: a7e.png (400x345, 153K)

Yeah the monitors' usb ports are just a hub for the pc usb usually

niceness?

Why's something so simple like nano still getting updates?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-25 16-49-31.png (640x120, 20K)

on winshit
forgot to add that

>you will be uninstalling and reinstalling games less often which doesnt wear out the drives
That's a good point I had not considered!
Besides the two SSDs I mentioned in the first post, I've als found the following ones:
-Crucial BX500 480GB, BRL 400.00
-WD Blue 500GB (2.5, WDS500G2B0A, BRL 430.00
-WD Blue 500GB (M.2, WDS500G2B0B), BRL 450.00

Still, I'm torn betweetn Corsair MP510 and Crucial MX500. Crucial has double capacity (1TB) and has a very good reputation, while the former is cheaper (though relatively expensive 1.1GB/BRL vs 0.8GB/BRL) but way faster (Reading 3480MB/s vs 560MB/s).
Is M.2's speed really worth it? From what I looked up it doesn't seem to matter much when dealing with games.
If I may also ask, I've noticed SSD/GPU prices dropped significantly in the last few months, would it be wiser to hold on for a while more? I've bought my GTX1050Ti for about BRL1000 last year because the card I was using was dying on me, now I can find the exact same model for BRL750. I'm afraid of rushing for an upgrade now and regret later due to price drop.

the ecosystem around nano changes.

process priority?

What's the best way to encrypt my shit, folders or whole drives, if I have W10 home?

Veracrypt is good.
If you want something that works with cloud storage apps look into Cryptomator.

m.2 speeds are just really nice for windows reboots.
For games indeed its underwhelming

probably, I'm sure Microsoft or the Linux guys don't have to deal with angry hipsters wanting them to find their stuff.
And it's not like you stole a computer from the CIA or something, there's just some boomer who lost his thinkpad and will regret losing whatever was on it.

The BX500 can write 120TB.
The MX500 can write 180TB.
The WD Blues can write 200TB.
Samsung 860 Evo can write 300TB.
The Corsair MP510 has 800TBW.
Samsung 970 PRO has 600TBW.

You get what you pay for. And you're the one choosing, but the Corsair m.2 seems like a decent one if it's priced between SATA and the more expensive Samsung m.2.
Just make sure your mobo supports NVMe.

Anyone know how to fix this error when using Jow Forums X + OneChan?

>Error evaluating Tomorrow's theme.customCSS!
call to eval() blocked by CSP

I've tried , , but it keeps popping up when visiting Jow Forums boards. 4channel boards seem to work fine.

Alright, I'll get CrystalDiskInfo
But there are 3 versions
>Standard
>Shizuku
>Kurei Kei

Any functional difference, or the last 2 just have an anime waifu theme?
And which anime waifu should I go for? I don't know who these 2 characters are, I don't even know what animes they are from. HALP!

Attached: snap3749[1].png (1016x779, 264K)

too stupid to realize it's just skins?

Well that's what I thought, but I'm just making sure.
Plus, like I asked before, who are these anime waifus? I want to make the right choice!

I didn't knew TBW was a thing so I looked up and it seems MX500 1TB's is 360TBW actually (180 is for 500GB version): crucial.com/wcsstore/CrucialSAS/pdf/product-flyer/crucial-mx500-ssd-productflyer-en.pdf
Still, MP510 is significantly more endurable (2.2x) which makes it quite attractive. Its speed might not be the most relevant spec for me, but it's still a plus. I'm likely going to to get it. Thanks!
As for compatibility, I have a ROG STRIX B350-F which seems to be compatible:
>1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)

never mind, I went with Kurei Kei.
Based Japanese developer man. Maybe I'll buy him a coffee.

MX500 1TB has higher TBW because it has more space to overwrite over and over. It's literally double over the 500GB version, just like the capacity.
Here the MX500 is just under $90 and the Corsair NVMe is only $110 for the same capacity but significantly faster read/write and longevity. Personally I'd get the Corsair one.