Intel BTFO

Intel 10nm Desktop CPUs delayed till 2022.
computerbase.de/2019-04/intel-roadmaps-bis-2022-kein-10-nm-desktop/

Attached: 1-1080.d2553d95.jpg (1280x696, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189
amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011
amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031
amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051
amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/computers/430352031
amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031
amazon.com.mx/gp/bestsellers/electronics/12005796011
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-process_communication
pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-cpu-tsmc-7nm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Rocket Lake 14nm
>2021
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

14nm+++++++++++ > AMD 7nm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1556153008352.gif (397x223, 3.03M)

14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HIGHER IS BETTER

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/229189

amazon.ca/Best-Sellers-Electronics-CPU-Processors/zgbs/electronics/1233052011

amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Processors/zgbs/computers/430515031

amazon.com.au/gp/bestsellers/computers/4913338051

amazon.fr/gp/bestsellers/computers/430352031

amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/computers/430177031

amazon.com.mx/gp/bestsellers/electronics/12005796011

Attached: 1535238777119.png (2000x1543, 58K)

AMD CPUs are a fucking meme.

Things that are slower on AMD because their IPC suck:
- Almost all applications because very few applications are actually multithreaded
- Music production (because of AMDs shitty latency)
- compilation on nodejs, JVM (yes, Intel CPUs compile faster) and .NET Core. Only C/C++ shit compiles faster on AMD.
- gaymes

Also battery life on AMD's mobile meme CPUs sucks.

>b-b-but they reached 100 mil xtor/mm2 density!
>b-but they fixed the process!
>b-b-b-b-b-but they could just skip 10nm and go to 7nm!
Reminder that AMD will have 5nm EUV parts on the market when intel finally reaches significant volume production numbers with their high performance desktop parts on 10nm.
This is hilarious.
There is actually a real possibility on the table now that AMD could have 3nm GAA chips taped out while intel is still offering refreshes of their worthless 10nm Trigate designs.

Transistors don't matter

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

>DDR4
>PCI Express 3
>14nm
>all of that until 2021
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All memes aside, consider the fucking astounding implications here. 5nm EUV has a 45% area reduction vs 7nm DUV, as 20% power reduction, and a 15% performance uplift.
I'm greatly looking forward to 16c/32t Ryzen processes that hit 4ghz at 35w.

>- Almost all applications because very few applications are actually multithreaded

What kind of shit software are you using?

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Did Intel actually respond already?

uhm, you do realize that most software is not truly multithreaded, right? By the way, even websites load faster on Intel CPUs. Yes, Firefox and Chrome tabs are multithreaded but the loading of pages itself still heavily relies on IPC.
Do you think your application will automatically be truly multithreaded because your compiler can perform some optimizations? That's not how it works, especially not with low level languages like C++. Even if you're coding in a JVM or .NET language you will specifically have to write multithreaded code, which is not that easy and difficult af on C/C++.
And Electron shit isn't multithreaded at all, you can forget about that.

didn't read lol fag

I thought so because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Fucking anti-virus using faggot.

And then you install all 666 security patches and Intel goes back to core2duo IPC.

I'll admit you have a point. Even if a piece of software uses more than 1 thread to process data, there is usually one thread doing work (that the other threads are waiting on) that cannot be split across multiple threads

Absolutely seething 3 units of cs intelfag

Attached: d5c.jpg (297x365, 64K)

>muh edgy Jow Forums rhetorics
>no actual arguments
>calls other people shills

That really was a nice post, user. Unfortunately, I can’t be bothered to dignify it. Why, you may ask? Well, I must inform you that in the span of glancing at your post, I have ejaculated about five times to a rather enthralling hentai called ‘Emergence’. The way the hentai depicts the gradual process of a virgin becoming a cum dumpster really made me erect. Hell, I haven’t gotten that aroused since Anton Yelchin’s death. Anyways, this girl gets raped by her drunk father and has sex with all the boys at school. Now, these parts were perfectly fappable, but the real fun starts when she gets bullied and ostracised from her class. Her downward spiral of drugs and prostitution eventually leads to her becoming a mere shadow of a human being. In her last dying moments as a pregnant prostitute, she dreams of a future with her (would be) daughter. Instead of getting to live that future, she dies alone in a cold room. I swear that last scene will always bring me to ecstasy. Now, if you really want to get my attention, you must commit yourself to reading such refined works as I do. Only then can I consider you my intellectual equal.

>Firefox and Chrome tabs are multithreaded but the loading of pages itself still heavily relies on IPC
IPC: InterProcess Communication.
You have no idea what you're talking about. You should've said "single-threaded performance".

I'm not an amd or intel fag, I just want people here to focus on the technolo/g/y.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructions_per_cycle

Are you fucking retarded?

Are you full of vitriol or actually trying to communicate?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-process_communication

fucking troll.

>opens Discord
>"hehehehehe look bro, I'm trolling on Jow Forums"

Intel aren't having any problems with 10nm, they are just giving AMD a head start before Intel crushes AMD

what the fuck, intel
what's their focus now? dedicated GPUs?

well, it's not that bad. They will release limited 10nm notebook processors in 2019-2020.

Probably for OEM notebooks with chinese keyboard sold in Africa only. I mean, Antartica.

Attached: 2-1080.48bed4a1.jpg (1280x696, 178K)

do you think it will be another intel 10nm notebook failure like we had one before?

>Things that are slower on AMD because their IPC suck:

you do know that amd just lacks frequency eh? ipc wish they are faster

Please update this.

It's 38+ for Intel and 3 for AMD.
Also put number fixed?
It's 3 fixed for AMD and something like 25, barely over half, fixed for Intel. Could list the number of "won't-fix" for Intel, too, since Intel has refused to fix a lot of the vulns because they realistically can't without a lot of work and performance regression.

>more is better!

delit sir, it is pure antisemitism

Attached: intell btfo.jpg (638x599, 123K)

IPC stands for International Plumbing Code you mongloid wire eater

The true sign of a great hunter.

just

Attached: intel roadfail.jpg (1688x795, 108K)

>AMD releases 7nm Zen2 consumer and enterprise chips shortly
>Next year comes 7nm APUs, followed up by 7nm EUV Zen 3 consumer and enterprise chips
>Zen4 chips in 2021 could be 5nm EUV
>intel will still be selling 14nm+++++++ refreshes, Tiger Lake which was originally supposed to be out already

7 years delayed. Think about that.

Hahahahaha

that's great, I can still push my 7th gen i5 for more 3 years then

CHOKING IN MY SKIN
THESE DIPS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

You know it's not normal for a PC to stutter, hitch, and lock up, right?

I don't get it, I never experienced any of that, perhaps that's only noticeable in CPU bound games?

Depends on the game, the settings you play out, resolution, things like that. The Witcher 3 can stutter pretty hard on any quad core out there for example.

>The Witcher 3 can stutter pretty hard on any quad core out there for example.
Never had any stutter here my dude, are you speaking from experience or just parroting what you saw in some video?

Attached: 4233535235.jpg (422x169, 27K)

Frame time benchmarks are objective, pal.

Ah, so you didn't play the game and is just parroting shit then? It wouldn't be Jow Forums otherwise I guess.

>my computer is magic and different from every objective test out there XD

What a true idiot you are, actually Ryzen lags on frequency, not on IPC. The current IPC of Intel on perfect conditions is 4, while Ryzen theoretically is 6 but in reality is 5

>The current IPC of Intel on perfect conditions is 4, while Ryzen theoretically is 6 but in reality is 5
You're stupid. CPUs virtually never run at their full issue width. Most workloads are more like 1-2 IPC.
What's important is not the issue width, but how many IPC an implementation actually wrings out of a program in actual practice.

That being said, Intel and AMD are pretty equal these days.

It's gotten to the point that Intel is actually touting 5ghz in mobile furnace shit. muh 5ghz is all they have left now

Attached: musclebook.png (1687x949, 400K)

Works fine on my system. I'm not sure what their problem is. Something most likely isn't setup correctly. Something as simple as torrenting/downloading can cause problems if your shit isn't setup correctly. Then again, most people ,including the reviewers, don't have their OS setup dedicated for non-bloat.

>AMD node
Yikes

Can't wait for the $3 million hot laptop lawsuit.

AMD doesn't have a manufacturing node. They sold their fabs ages ago.

An instruction in poozenland might as well be a soft error every other cycle given how garbage their OOOE engine is.

I work at Intel and can literally pull up the database that shows 13k+ wafers of Comet Lake 10c in production at Fab 24.

Im not up the chain enough to tell whats going on. But they are still on schedule for mid/end of 2019

We'll see.

Attached: 1556126320921.jpg (1688x795, 259K)

Would Intel's Sunny Cove be any good on 14nm+++?
We've been on the Core architecture for like 10 years now.
Surely a new arch would be better?

10c housefires.

they dont have anything on the mobile anymore
mainly because
1) it was actually 5ghz
2) it wasnt even on the 10nm

Sunny Cove is still Core. It's basically another Tock.

Just your average intard

>comet lake
What are you trying to imply by saying that more 14 nm processors are on their way, user? We already knew that from .

True. With FX AMD was a complete meme. Now they, for the most part, are only relevant in heavy multi thread ed use but nowhere else. I don't expect a miracle with Zen 2 but I do expect for AMD to close the gap greatly.

>applications are slow
Works on my machine, all software is incredibly snappy and responsive, way more than on my previous Intel system
>Music production
Cubase LE 9.5 works like a charm for me, no latency issues when using multiple VSTs for me
>compilation
All my .NET projects compile really fast in my experience
>Gaymes
I can game at 144hz just fine

Feels good not falling for jewish tricks.

Attached: 1528784985889.jpg (842x798, 117K)

At this rate AMD will surpass Intel eventually.

>AMD’s Zen 3 CPUs can increase transistor count by 20% over Ryzen 3000 thanks to TSMC’s 7nm+ node
pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-cpu-tsmc-7nm

Zen 4 will go down a node and have new architecture so even if Intel gets something done it's probably too late.

rip in pieces

Why though? Why would you assume a complete rewrite is necessary to improve performance? Most of the pieces, like OOO machinery, would just end up the same anyway.

MORE HOUSEFIRES

I'll believe it when I see it

Jewtel recruiters told me apply online and now their talent acquisition team won’t stop emailing me. Btw I haves friend who recently started working there, what kind discounts can he get me on housefire chips?

Intel has now switched to Tacks -- i.e., another product tacked on to the same damn architecture and process

wait lol

A decade of refining 14nm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

>next decade of computing
So, Intel 10nm supapowa 2023?

And another 5 years to come

In 5nm EUV the equivalent of an R7 2700 will probably fit in a 20w TDP.

anyone still has that screencap of user detailing how intel management killed their own fabs and basically fucked up big time?

Took me a bit to find it but here you go.

Attached: 1531336678558.png (1400x1608, 399K)

Show us your nose.

thanks m8

>Only C/C++ shit compiles faster on AMD
Java based boy detected

>Sunny Cope

Probably right.
I'm excited for x86-64+navi phones

lmao

> someone went through the effort to make this
ouch

way to wake the AMD defense squad.... enjoy your (you)s.

Apparently, you are only supposed to compile perfectly parallel programs, and run perfectly parallel calculations all day everyday. Don't forget to spend your free time in Ashes of Singularity or any other of the 2 other properly scaling game titles!
Because you know, that's modern computing. That's what people do. According to AMD posters.

> mfw I read their shit

Attached: 1556183029368.png (600x753, 546K)

Attached: 1510747949_preview_Blank+_c593760cc151d81ef36c7a9802b669f2.png (195x200, 39K)

it is a really good 14nm at this point.
it will be the perfect 14nm product then.

imagine 14nm++++++++^^^ is so good it surpasses any other chip on the market.

7Nm isn’t the same as intel 10Nm you fucking anime, pillow fucking, sad, depressed sacks of meat and brain. I swear AMD fans jerk themselves off of being number two.

Attached: 68A18049-9B08-4DCB-A223-C869C8B5BFFD.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

>coping this hard to try to hide the fact that multithreading hurt your feefees
Go back nigger.

before or after applying security patches to core2duo

> get Pentium D
> "it's the future"
> realize soon that nothing threads
> get Core2Quad
> "now it will happen!"
> realize that nothing benefits from 4 cores really, except I can emerge -avuDN faster... WOW
> but wait!
> Core i... time.. which one to buy?
> "This time, every game, every app..."
> Buy into the HT meme
> nothing is threaded

After so many fucking years... it's still a niche thing. You could just build a bloody used Xeon server with treefiddy threads and run your shit fast from pennies. Oh, but you don't have anything to run, do you? Exactly.

Btw I am not blaming devs here, programming languages, toolkits... there is just no hand holding. Parallelism is not easy/simple.

Games too. You do an Unreal game. Hell yea, threaded as hell. Good job. You add a few features, some code.. oh shoot, you broke things, make the engine run on 1 thread.

And yes, I know. You can play Fortnite with good thread use (if you disable SMT). Miss me with that shit.

Most of the game is pretty light on the CPU, but running around Novigrad or Beauclair hits it pretty hard.

>Now without SIPP and with HEDT and Workstation parts.
This one only goes up to 2020.
Standard consumer releases seem to happen a quarter before SIPP releases, so we can probably expect consumer Rocket Lake S in Q1 2021.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9EL0EvODM1MTAyL29yaWdpbmFsLzAxLkpQRw==.jpg (1273x696, 138K)

>Btw I am not blaming devs here, programming languages, toolkits... there is just no hand holding. Parallelism is not easy/simple.
Why even bother typing up a reply when you just admitted I was completely right that you are just arseblasted because you can't into multithreading because there isn't a javascript framework for that. Why don't you fuck off to some game studio you will fit right in there with the other guys whos feefees got hurt by multithreading.