Jow Forums btfo

Attached: Tesla.png (323x291, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/videos/autopilot-self-driving-hardware-neighborhood-long
youtu.be/tlThdr3O5Qo?t=71
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>kills you instead of 10 pedestrians
Heh, nothing personnel kid

I was going to buy a model 3 but for 37k I couldn't stomach having cloth seats and the bare minimum so I bought a used fully loaded Lexus instead.

Call me when self driving becomes street legal, as in, you're not expected to touch the pedals and the wheel, ever, and you're not required to have a license to drive a self driving car. As of now it's just a gimmick.

Leather is for faggots. Cloth is comfortable, soft and doesn't makes weird noises.

>swerves around cuckmobile in my glorious 30-40 some odd year old car that isn't a rolling planned obsolescence botnet on wheels
>cuckmobile swerves off the road into a tree and bursts into flames

Lexus is patrician anyways

>Break check the cuckbox
>It overcharges it's battery with the breaking force and explodes

Attached: Screenshot_20190424-192157.png (1280x720, 412K)

High quality semi aniline leather are a top end option nowadays and they're as soft as cloth.

>cloth
t.poorfag

While I'm a Tesla fanboy, it kind of disturbs me that Tesla vehicles are literally botnet with tons of cameras attached.

t. iToddler-minded retard

>would willingly kill ten people to save his own life

Didn’t musk say this is within a year? I’m not completely convinced his aware of all the bullshit they’re going to have to go through with the government. Even if the cars are close there’s no way they’re going to be legal to drive in the us for another 5yrs after that right? But of course Musk has been overzealous on all of his predictions so it’ll probably be longer than that

As most would. It’s like that trolley question where a lot of people are willing to let several strangers die to save one relative/friend.

>martyrism for people who are not your own children or grandchildren

((()))

If it's me or you, guess which I'm gonna pick

You're wrong. The only thing to dislike about leather is if you drive naked your butt will sweat a little. No biggie

There will be a patch solving that

well if this is the closest were gonna get to star wars ep1-3 / bladerunner esque flying car traffic, im okay with that. At least its progress.

yea....

Attached: botnet.jpg (960x720, 88K)

yeah it crashed on highway as well
not going to trust this company since those accidents

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 108K)

unlike man-driven cars, which never crash

We get it. You're fat.

i also think cloth is better unless you're trying to impress someone or go to the beach

My personal crashes/mile or whatever is less than Tesla’s.

there are alternatives
Google tested 10x more miles than Tesla and no one died

Attached: uploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F67866%2F876f2401-dc26-4f60-8d35-779b21732ff5.png%2F950x534.png (950x534, 675K)

My car has cloth seats, but I bought a fairly expensive leather PC chair. Good God that piece of shit is terrible. If aways feels wrong and just 4 years into daily usage it already accumulated enough damage to warrant replacement. I was never going to buy leather seats specifically but now I'm actively avoid them. Incidentally, it's the same story with headphone paddings.

Can I get one that kills 10 pedestrians without needing to at all?

What's the point of physically turning the wheel?

Leather is absurdly easier to clean. When I got my dog close to five years ago, she was kinda a mess being a rescue, and was afraid of the car. Well she pissed all over my back seat on the way home. I had a towel under her, but the volume was absurd and it still got everywhere. I stopped and wiped the seat down with a shirt, basically drenching it in the process, then I put the towel and shirt in a shopping bag and finished the drive home.
It took about 30 minutes to fully remove all the urine from the seat using another towel and some mild cleaner. I sprayed urine remover enzyme stuff on just in case any got into the stitching or something, but that might not have been necessary since it didn't smell like urine at all.
The car was like a few months old at the time and it never once smelled of urine. If the seats were cloth, I would have needed to remove the bench, hose it down, and somehow launder the cushions and cover. That was the most extreme event to happen to my seats, but over the years there have been plenty of small spills of whatever that are easily and fully removed with a napkin from the glove box. Leather kicks ass.

It's already physically connected to the steering system, why would the automatic system detach the system already in place instead of just jumping in somewhere in the middle?

It's so they can legally pretend that the car is not self driving, it requires a driver.

What's it full of?
Oh they mean "fully self driving"
I hope they bankrupt soon

Yeah I guess, if you can't fucking keep your car clean. All I ever had to do my cloth seats is to vacuum them.

>die because insurance scammer tried to pull his shit on you

What good is it if you park it and the next day it has become a pile of ashes?

All modern cars are niggers. But tesla is the niggest

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 13K)

wtf after we helped Google's self driving car AI with thousands of captcha's Tesla still beat us?

I would kill half the human population to save my ass and I wouldn't even waver for a millisecond

lol I bet you believe in jesus and your iq is below 130

shut up thanos

Ugh, excuse me? Are you sure you're on the right website? Please, go back ASAP.

shits fake nigga, that's what happens when an update fails or certain parts are on incompatible versions.

Attached: JnpxjN5.gif (320x168, 218K)

Cloth/leather hybrid is the best. You get durable leather on the high-wear areas but comfy cloth on the parts that'd otherwise be sweaty and slippery. These things have fucking amazing seat heaters too, probably because the heaters are behind cloth instead of the usual leather.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x889, 129K)

Tesla is definitely the tip of the spear in automotive tech. Hard to believe Ol' Muskie hasn't made Time Magazine's man of the year even once yet.

>being a dogfucker
yikes

from this point on the thread should have devolved into trolley problem posting and yet it did not, shame on you Jow Forums

Just remember that altruism is either a mental illness, a genetic defect or simply genes destined to be the provider beta of society
The most contributing members of our society, both throughout the entire history and as of right now, are quite ironically the most selfish people of it

He has no choice but to say that it will all be ready within the year or his company crumbles right then and there

Ok... Your point being? It's still pathetic

>he wouldn't
self preservation is one of the core animal traits. Why do you think so many people get angry when others try to stop self defence?

Attached: 1547002596455.png (640x1022, 475K)

>Tesla has a Full Self Driving Car!
thats nice

Attached: Tesla_Autopilot-In-Effect.jpg (694x639, 91K)

we should use lifestyle variables such as occupation/race/height/attractiveness/criminal history/family/use of alcohol and drugs, etc to decide who to kill tbqh senpai.

>that's what happens when an update fails or certain parts are on incompatible versions.
Meanwhile I've never had to update my car and it's full of parts from other cars and missing parts it was built with and I have zero issues.
The absolute state of Tesla.

>tfw all the code is probably written in python

This is the future. The number of accidents through automation will be MUCH lower than we currently have. The biggest problem is the media will blow out of proportion ANY accident involving self driving cars. No matter how small. Even though self driving cars will be FAR safer in the long run.

cars are dangerous no matter who or what is drving. They should be fucking illegal.

>overtakes on the right
>constantly drives above speed limit

Where they train the AI? Russia? Florida?

Shit happens. It's got 100k miles on it in 5 years. My commute has been long, and I've done lots of road trips with people. It's impossible to never spill anything, and with leather you just go "whoops" and wipe it.

lol what the fuck?

We have a rick and morty fan right here

>not killing 1000 to save your own/family life
What are you? A cuck?

Yeah

>overtaking on the right on a 3+ lane highway is wrong
Maybe those people should move the fuck over instead

That's what I do when someone is being a prick in the middle lane, going under the limit, with a free and clear right lane.
>Come up behind them
>Wait at a reasonable distance for a bit
>Realize they are NEVER going to move over
>Get closer, tailgate a bit just to make them nervous
>They still don't move, they never do
>Scream over to the right lane, nail the accelerator, and dart back in front of them with like 10 feet of clearance
>Match speed for a minute to give them a nice view of my rear end
>Accelerate to the speed I want to, leaving them behind
I'm not sure if it cracks any of the rust off the immobile gears in their cunt head, but it's a bit cathartic anyway.

I hope that piece of shit google car drives over someone in california and kills them.
Fuck google and fuck self driving cars.
I intentionally try to fuck them up, with a bit of luck it works.

DONT' TREAD
ON MY RIGHTS
TO DO THE DRIVE
BEEN TOOOOOOLLLLLLLLD
BY RADIOOOOOOOOOOOO
THEY TAKIN MY FREEDOIM
DON'T TAKE MY GUNSSSSSS
DON'T TAKE MY CAAAAAAAAAR
DON'T TAKE MY TAAAAAAAX
LIVIN FREEE
DON'T LIKE DARKIEEE
GIVE ME THAT OPEN ROAD
MAKE ME FEEL A MAN
RADIO TELL ME I'M A MAN
TAKE MY TEST PATCH
TOLD TO ME ON THE RADIOOOOOO
ASK YOUR DOCTOR TOO
HE'LL KNOW WHAT'S FOR YOU

They might because every single tesla on the road has gone full botnet and is uploading all sensor and driver input data.

>has choice between driving into oncoming traffic and killing you, or going straight and killing a child
>applies rear brakes and steers left

>needing leather seats

Attached: 1526565012226.png (644x800, 15K)

>shift into second
>I'm afraid I can't let you do that.

They actually had Jim Keller custom design their own SoC for their self driving cars.

You're gonna pick yourself, user. You can't lie.

This
Leather or cloth seats is a non issue
Harder to clean leather, you cant use chemicals or it will dry and crack up

> I couldn't stomach having cloth seats
They don't match with your shoes? Fucking fag.

shut up reddit

Cuck

You're smoking crack. Leather is definitely easier to care for. You don't use anything except mild soap and water to clean it, but usually any spills can just be dried then wiped away with a damp cloth. Nothing sticks to it so you don't need to vacuum it unless crap is building up in a crease, in which case running your hand along it will remove 90% of it. The only con to leather is it's initially hotter in the summer. It does cool down since it's got almost no thermal mass, but it feels like you're roasting your ass for the first few minutes if you forgot to run the A/C or keep the window down.

If I have to shoot through a crowd of people to defend myself, I'm not going to be happy with the devastation but I will be happy that I defended my own life

Is this the power of open sorse?

Attached: oIC2a04o_200x200.png (200x200, 8K)

>Tesla autopilot specifically says
>KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL AND PAY ATTENTION DIPSHIT, THIS IS A BETA BUILD
>Stick it on autopilot
>Start jerking off
>Car crashes
>OMG WTF THIS IS ALL TESLAS FAULT

Hate this shit.

I would not

Like any other sane person would, yeah.

Obviously depends on the "ten people", but if they aren't related, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

I'd let humanity as a whole be genocided before sacrificing my own life and be perfectly content exploring a depopulated Earth as the last man on the planet.

And here's the video they made in 2016: tesla.com/videos/autopilot-self-driving-hardware-neighborhood-long

wasn't musk's teslas in the news just weeks ago for running people over?

In a life or death situation I would shank you without a second thought if doing so postponed my own death for even just a week.

>2019
>Car can drive in nice straight lines
Great, now send it in a crowded roundabout for laugh

Every self-driving car company except Tesla has known this for years: If you take over the driving, the non-driver will stop paying attention no matter how many warning messages you put in your manual or on the screen. You can either accept that or kill a bunch of people to prove a point.

What? Why aren't you passing in the left lane? Is this bait?

I think people going slow in the far left lane should be beheaded, but if you're in the middle lane of 3, you're fine going whatever speed.

If the road is literally empty except for then then yes I would only pass on the left. But more often what you'll see it
>Left lane: Line of people going 70, passing
>Middle lane: Retard going 66
>Right lane:
Well fuck waiting 2-3 minutes to pass "properly". That nigger should be moving over if he's getting passed constantly.

Wasn't that all theoretical nonsense, like:
>When a human sees a ball dropping onto the street, he will directly infer there is a child coming after it right away, and will accordingly brake. An autonomous car will not be able to infer that and run over the child.

>not knowing the difference between overtaking and passing.

>Hot in the summer
>Ice cold in the winter
>Girls will think you are farting when you move at all.
Yeah no. For me it is cloth.

>Google tested 10x more miles
Literally impossible. Every mile a tesla driver drives is bot net training the tesla driving ai.

If someone in the fast lane is going too slow it is legal in all 50 states to overtake them in the slow lane. You must be thinking of passing on the right, ie passing on the shoulder.

if your life is worth less than five people why not sign an organ donor card and kill yourself right outside a hospital?

you would almost certainly be saving 5+ lives (liver, kidney, other kidney, heart, lungs) and improving several more (corneas, facial transplant, skin grafts)

there is no reason a strict utilitarian shouldn't kill themselves

youtu.be/tlThdr3O5Qo?t=71

what the fuck happened with the wheel here

does it run on linux and free software?

>tesla 3 costs around year of work for us citizens making approximately $35k per year
>in my shithole with median 30k a year it cost 10 years of work
that makes me think a little

This is impressive but it's 99% likely that it's only level 3 autonomy, meaning that it can only drive itself in most, not all, conditions, and that there must be a human driver ready to intervene if something goes wrong.

The step to level 4/5, autonomy without the need for a human, is when the real benefits start to show, yet that's the hardest step to take.