github.com/Awesome-Windows/Awesome

>Tweaking
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
sevenforums.com/tutorials/

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/download/digital_river
cio.com/article/2430685/windows-7--enterprise-features-explained.html
howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

daily reminder that windows 7 is an operating system with an outdated decade old kernel; anybody still using it because >muh microsoft spying can't get me if I use another microsoft product or >muh aesthetics is a boomer moron

Is the link for the mirror down? It doesn't work for me.

Yes, which proves OP is a faggot.
Enjoy your outdated OS

Everything's on mydigitallife forum, just go there, it's the best Windows piracy forum ever.

Attached: windows_user.png (1186x605, 280K)

>uses only win32 programs
>but uses only 64 bit os
lol what
winxp or gtfo

32 bit Windows only recognizes 4GB of RAM. If you want to multitask with more than GB, you need 64 bit, even if the programs you're using are Win32 only.

Win32 API doesn't mean x86 software, it's both x86 and x64.

obsolete

Windows 7 never borked when I used VLC. Windows 10 does.

Attached: Borked.jpg (728x643, 150K)

Why do we have a general for an outdated OS?

Is Windows 8.1 with Open Shell and disabled Metro the best Windows now?

Hey, I can still use Windows 7 even without official support, right? Like, people still use xp, I don’t keep any important files on my computer so i don’t see what the big deal is.

Boot to desktop

archive.org/download/digital_river

Windows 7 Professional 32Bit SP1 = X17-59183.iso
Windows 7 Professional 64Bit SP1 = X17-59186.iso

don't get ultimate, only professional supports hacked activation for UEFI motherboards

Why not just use Enterprise with KMS?

there is nothing valuable in enterprise's few extra features, it's just bloat

cio.com/article/2430685/windows-7--enterprise-features-explained.html

Install Gentoo, pajeet.

Attached: windows essentials 2018.png (2023x7836, 1.85M)

>downloading iso files from Jow Forums

Based and Nanamipilled.
This triggers the Windows 10 Pajeets.

Nice list.

Attached: Windows 8.1.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

ISO mirror isn't working for me

add musicbee to audio players immediately instead of whatever the fuck audacious is

What's so great about musicbee?

>implying win10 isn't just a new interface on win7

Where can I download Common Sense?

I had it bluescreen on me when I tried to play a video off a network share but that was a something I couldn't reproduce

it hasnt worked for months...looks like OP didnt do his research (no points today, pajeet)

>decade old
Win 7 uses a 2-decade old kernel. Win10 also uses a 2-decade old kernel.
Linux distros use a 3-decade old kernel.

What's the difference between Enterprise and Ultimate?

You should include WSUS

Having the offline iso of all patches is just as important as having the setup iso when they shut down updates for ordinary users in 2020

Let's say I do a fresh W7 install in 2021.
Will I get all the updates and service packs that have been released for it, or will they remove those in 2020?

just use simplix update pack (all updates debloated, no telemetry and shit)

>i am 16 years old an i have no idea of what i'm talking about, but i'll post it anyway so i can feel cool and fit in with the cool kids: the post
Disconnect yourself from the internet.

You're an idiot. I use Ultimate on an "UEFI motherboard" with GPT and it can be activated.

me too works fine on kaby lake
I had issues with ivy bridge as I recall, think I had to use mbr

So you're saying we're using 4-decade old CPUs? :^)

I would not recommend installing win7sp1 iso and then having to then install all the updates to anyone. that shit is totally fucked up and takes 7 years.

Here's the updated Win7 iso with usb3.0 and m.2 drivers. Use at your own risk. You can assemble such ISO yourself.
howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/

mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck

Enterprise is Pro with a few extra Admin features, nothing more. Also, Enterprise works with the same Pro MAKs, so if you have a Pro MAK you can install Enterprise and activate it with that same MAK.

For 99.999% of people, Windows 7 Professional is the best operating system Microsoft ever created. No sense bothering with Ultimate as it doesn't support MAKs, and you can find good MAKs with a simple Google search for "pastebin windows 7 mak".

The stupidity here is people still using fucking hacks and cracks and loaders and patchers to use Windows 7 when it's so fucking insanely easy to just use Windows 7 Pro or Enterprise with a MAK and be "legit" without fucking up the actual code or corrupting system files or taking some chance with those hacks/cracks/loaders/patchers.

You people fucking disgust me with your stupidity, stop it.

Which ones are Enterprise?

who gives a fuck about the age of the kernel? it works and it's good therefore nothing is wrong with it

Yes

Hey to be fair the OEM SLIC method is a very clean way of activation, taking advantage of a massive oversight in a totally offline way.

You don't even need loaders or dodgy BIOS mods if you use Qemu as it has a feature to pass through the SLIC table directly. They added the feature with the idea you could pass through the host machine SLIC info to use its licence on a VM, but there is nothing to say it can't be an arbitrary dump from some other machine thanks to the Unix philosophy of everything is a file. I don't know why anyone would want to run Windows natively anyway on new systems when gpu passthrough is a thing, a hypervisor nicely sidesteps Windows 7's aging driver support, and you can spoof the CPUID to uncuck updates without hacks.

MS would probably keep updates a few years after 2023 since that's when paid updates for 7 ends. I don't know when MS took down all kf Windows 2000 updates but it was probably a few years after security support ended.

>simplix update pack
How do I know whether to trust that or not?

Thank you.

There's literally been forums dedicated to that programs for nearly 2 decades now. If you don't know how to read or check simple hashes for everything you download, you shouldn't be on Jow Forums.

Just to be clear, this simplix pack is something that some non-Microsoft person made and uploaded on the forum, right?
Which supposedly trustworthy hashes do I compare it to?

Its basically a batch updater that takes all of the current Windows manual updates from different versions(Home, Enterprise, Professional,etc.) in 1 install and if you want newer Windows updates you'll have to download the latest simplix pack. I think it gets updated like every month or so. It also checks for telemetry updates and other updates that break pirated Windows copies(there's like a couple of them out there) and remove or ignore them. It gets a lot of flack by tinfoils because it was made by a russian, which triggers Jow Forums(aka nu /v/), but the program has been around and monitored for a very long time so you would think someone would have found something by now.
>Which supposedly trustworthy hashes do I compare it to?
Just follow the only decent site the OP linked. Mydigitallife has basically everything you need to manage all versions of Windows with a really good Windows 7 section with loads of tutorials on how to do stuff like embedding software and drives into the iso(USB 3.0 or higher drivers for example). Only downside is you need to make an account just to see stuff on that forum.

>Its basically a batch updater that takes all of the current Windows manual updates from different versions(Home, Enterprise, Professional,etc.) in 1 install and if you want newer Windows updates you'll have to download the latest simplix pack. I think it gets updated like every month or so. It also checks for telemetry updates and other updates that break pirated Windows copies(there's like a couple of them out there) and remove or ignore them.
Ah, so the components it downloads and installs are the original ones from Windows that you can check individually?
I thought it was just one big installer.

>It gets a lot of flack by tinfoils because it was made by a russian, which triggers Jow Forums(aka nu /v/), but the program has been around and monitored for a very long time so you would think someone would have found something by now.
I see.

>Just follow the only decent site the OP linked. Mydigitallife has basically everything you need to manage all versions of Windows with a really good Windows 7 section with loads of tutorials on how to do stuff like embedding software and drives into the iso(USB 3.0 or higher drivers for example). Only downside is you need to make an account just to see stuff on that forum.
Yeah, I've been using it for a long time. I just never bothered with anything other than the W7 ISOs and activators because that's all I needed.

Thank you very much.

>I thought it was just one big installer.
It is, I'm just shit a explaining stuff but what I meant was when a new simplix pack is released every month, all it is is just more Windows updates added to it. So if you want current Windows updates and you're like a few months behind then you'll have to download a newer version of simplix, is what I was trying to say. Simplix updates are usually like a month behind windows updates, so if you download the current simplix pack in February in 2019 then it'll mostly contain all of Windows updates up to January of 2019 and you'll have to wait until a new simplix pack for all the February Windows updates.

I didn't mean to make it sound this complected, just download the latest 1 you see. All you need to do is to just run it once and forget about it since you'll pretty much will have all the important stuff you need.

So how do you check that the hashes match those from MS?

>I'm retarded - the post
win32 refers to the API not the arch, you retard

You seem knowledgeable.
Is there a way to get a fully activated Windows 10 LTSC without getting a license from eBay and whatnot?

The last time I tried activating a Windows 10 installation I used KMSPico (downloaded from the official website) and it filled the computer with adware that kept downloading more adware and I had to reinstall the whole system.

>downloaded from the official website
>it filled the computer with adware that kept downloading more adware
From site like KMSpicoOfficial.com?

>Is there a way to get a fully activated Windows 10 LTSC without getting a license from eBay and whatnot?
hwid.kms38.gen.mk6 will KMS activate it till 2038

>From site like KMSpicoOfficial.com?
I don't remember exactly which site it was, but I remember it being the one that was linked in all guides (inclusing youtube ones where you could see it working fine, and on MDL).

>hwid.kms38.gen.mk6 will KMS activate it till 2038
Thank you.

Does shutting down Win7 support infrastructure also means that they will shut down botnet services on their end for win7?

Enterprise allows for KMS activation.

That said, the only reasons I don’t use 10 are:
>no native UEFI or secure boot support
>not compatible with some programs I use

What is the best version of Python for Windows 7?

Hahaha you wish

The only hash you need to worry about is the one from the program itself because I doubt you or anyone else would want to go through the trouble of decompling a program just to check hundreds of update files.

What use would checking the hash of the program have if you're getting it from the official source (meaning that no middleman could've tampered with it)?
The point of checking its hash would be to see if the guy who made it used the original files instead of his own malware-infected ones, but even that is moot because he could've just put the malware in the installer (which as I understand, is a closed-source executable), so in this case checking the hashes is completely futile.

bump

kys

bump

Hello fellow pajeets.

If Intel, yes

How do we know Microshit didn't slipstream some telemetry bullshit?

bump

10 doesn't have UEFI support? What?

Not even a question, it DOES include the telemetry bullshit.

How do I hey my hands on a offical ltsc?
Uni gave me a "multi purpose" key but inak not sure if it includes enterprise.

glowniggers

IObit Uninstaller is a definite must!

I installed 10(also 10 ltsc) and decided to do the security updates.
The machine later bootlooped.
I dont get why people like that os.