youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU that can handle more of a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 2.jpg (800x600, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dL6m9J
techspot.com/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/
techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/
pcpartpicker.com/product/zrZFf7/gskill-trident-z-royal-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-4800-memory-f4-4800c18d-16gtrs
pcpartpicker.com/list/d3H3P3
pcpartpicker.com/list/xjJGQZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pcpartpicker.com/list/dL6m9J
for 1080p, high frames idgaf about ultra graphics
what could I do better? suggest an upgrade? a monitor, perhaps

9400f is cheaper and better

What if I don't want SSD performance cut in half? Can you link me to a guide to turn of all the 30+ security mitigations?

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

>inb4 intel shills shit up this thread
Remember randomly spammed benchmarks without source telling you that the ryzen system used at least 3200MHz CL15 RAM should be ignored if you care about a fair comparison

techspot.com/review/1655-core-i7-8700k-vs-ryzen-7-2700x/

Attached: 1440p_MIN.png (1324x1665, 101K)

LOOK MOM I POSTED THAT PIC WITH A 2015 LAPTOP

cool 600T mod there, OP

samsung evo SDD for 50% longer lifespan

you keep spamming this shit and conveniently forgetting to mention it will cost more in the long run because of the shit tier mobo you need to also pick for it to be cheaper and then you cant fucking upgrade to anything useful without replacing the whole system.

too late, they're already here

dont listen to the i5 stuttershit shills. you'll have to upgrade sooner if you choose that path cus locked cpu and locked shit tier mobo and you're lucky if you even get another generation of CPU from intel that works on the mobo, but you still wont be able to get anything useful because shit VRM.

source?

techspot.com/review/1829-intel-core-i5-9400f-vs-amd-ryzen-5-2600x/

Attached: Average.png (1302x1183, 79K)

You think is is a meme or something?

Attached: 950_Atto.png (1316x1634, 85K)

>water cooler on ryzen vs stock cooler on i5
>3400 cl14 that gives +10% better perf than 3200 cl16 that everyone buys
Still waiting on the based screencap bro to make a pic so I dont have to post the same shit every time

where does it say CL14 ?

Do you have a source or not?

*muffled rubbing hands sounding in the distance*

Fucking frogfag Amazon shipped the motherboard and RAM with UPS standard, and with Easter bullshit in the way, I'm gonna receive them on Thursday.

Attached: file.png (963x1009, 950K)

Check techspot review

>i9-9900K
What industrial water chiller are you gonna use?

Attached: tenor.gif (320x180, 1020K)

okay, so wanna tell us if you're just a retarded liar or a shill?

Attached: file.png (739x320, 46K)

I have a Dark Rock Pro 4 and a case with 3 ML120 intake fans.

That's not the source I'm asking for. You specifically said:
>"9400f is cheaper and better"

in All I'm asking is to prove yourself right, that's all.

Okay cool but what industrial water chiller are you gonna use on top of all that? Or are you just gonna let it throttle to 4 GHz when it reaches 99C?

Do you also have the fire department on speed dial or is this a suicide by housefire build?

On the overclocked one it says "with tight memory subtimings" which means 3400 cl14 dumbass.
But 9400f is cheaper than 2600x and according to the review better?

they dont list the CL14 anywhere in the article, it's just some faggot in the comments.

>But 9400f is cheaper
only if you also buy a shit tier mobo, and that means you're upgrading more parts later and get higher overall cost in the long run.
otherwise you're paying more for a decent mobo and then it's not cheaper any more.

Planning to build a new pc in half a year or so.

I'd love to build a gaming pc in mini atx Form factor. I also have a noctua dh15.

I don't know what will happen with the temps in such a small case. Has anybody experiences with such a system? Do you regret it? Is high temps in small cases just a meme? Do I have to use a water cooling system?

GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
Bullshit.
I am not trying to trick anyone into buying less than 8GB, in fact 2x8GB nowadays is perhaps the best choice unless you're sure to need more, but what you OP say is utter garbage and shilling. Unless you game or have to run memory consuming tasks 8GB is enough.
I personally have 8 GB and never been even close to run out of it.

IGNORE ALL INTEL SHILLS
IGNORE ALL INTEL SHILLS
IGNORE ALL INTEL SHILLS

>"with tight memory subtimings" which means 3400 cl14 dumbass.
no. just. no. subtimings exist alongside the usual CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS timings. it can be cl15 with tighter subtimings and outperform an auto configured cl15. stfu and lurk if you don't know what you're talking about.

Is Intel going to be releasing new gen cpu's soon too? I have a 1600 I want to upgrade and I hate my Ryzen so I'm not interested at all in Zen 2. But I don't want to buy a 9700K or 9900K then next gen comes out two months later.

t. retard
it's still impossible to get without b-die ram

>I hate my Ryzen
What issues do you face user?
>Is Intel going to be releasing new gen cpu's soon too?
Intel usually releases on a yearly basis around the September-October time period and there hasn't been any leaks yet.

nobody said anything about b-die. I was just pointing out how much of a retard you are. Just lurk and stop embarassing yourself.

I really miss tripfags tbqf senpai, this intard would have been so easy to filter out. Maybe we should rally and ask gookmoot to bring IDs back.

worth it getting this ram ? pcpartpicker.com/product/zrZFf7/gskill-trident-z-royal-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-4800-memory-f4-4800c18d-16gtrs

or OC/tighten some 3200 cl 12-14 one

>$500
yes, buy it

Attached: bignoserubshands.png (589x534, 49K)

$500 is to me what $5 is to you so idc about $ much so long i get to have top perf

pcpartpicker.com/list/d3H3P3

you might have dosh but you have no brains.
thermal paste is included with the cooler, and you dont have nearly enough PCI-E lanes to run all that stuff.

>tfw yoinked 2x2 gb ddr2 from the trash
>upgraded to 8gb ram in 2019
who else /poverty scrapper/ here?

Attached: 378-3789365_post-apu-pepe-thumbs-up.png.jpg (820x627, 142K)

I'm upgrading my PC piecemeal, just buying parts as I see them go on sale and also as I get enough money, and it'll probably be around two months total from the time that the first part came in until I can afford the last thing on my list. It didn't occur to me at the time, but I'll probably be past the return window on some of this stuff before I'm even able to test whether it works. Should I be concerned? This is only the second time I've ever bought PC parts, so I don't know how often on average they come DoA.

Running a
>ryzen 5 1600
>A320M-K (regret)
>8x1 ram stick
>shitty gpu for getting the display work for now
>450w corsair PSU

Looking forward to buy a gpu for online gaming and to run newer games at mid settings or just good framerates.
Should I buy the new gtx 1650 or add some more money to buy an ol 1060 or Rx 570?

>ever considering the 1650
>1 stick of ram
Are you gay, by any chance?

Whats a good brand for motherboards? Want to swap mine when Ryzen3000 comes out. Got annoyed as a fuck when the Asus mobo reported vcore .040-.050 higher than what I would set it at

Then I'll upgrade it first. Other than that is there any issue with my build.

Asus = EVGA > Gigabyte > MSI >>> AssRock

RX 570 and 2x8 GB RAM 3000 MHz CL16 is the minimum if you want to gayme at anywhere near reasonable framerates.

EVGA it is this time then, much thanks good sir.

And if not a rx 570, which variant of the 1060 should I look for.

None except if you can find it used under $100. Get the 1660 instead.

>evga
>mobos
>release one mobo ages after release of cpus
>not availible widely
lmao meme shit

Attached: 1556125349872.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Again, which variant of 1660 should I look for, also will I run into power supply issues?

Does it make more sense to put all the shit on the mobo and THEN mount it in the case, or mount first and install everything else second?

What do you recommend for a build with a Radeon VII and Ryzen 2700X?

Attached: 50thanniversary-720x720.jpg (720x405, 36K)

>I'm upgrading my PC piecemeal
bad idea. by the time you're done buying parts the first ones will be outdated unless you finish within a few months.
but the return time is just if you change your mind, so better hope you dont get buyers remorse by then.
all the shit still has warranty if you're buying new.

still better to just save up money and buy it all at once.

1650 is trash. 570 is cheaper and faster.
and fucking lmao nice mobo, also get another stick of ram FFS.
and i bet your PSU is CX series trash aswell.

depends on the model.

wattage is fine for all the parts mentioned.

do they even make or will make amd mobos?

depends from socket to socket release but everyone says asus has the best bios often. if high end id go for that. else msi had some good budget mobos for zen+ and rest idk

i recommend waiting for zen 2 literally

Personally I put all the shit on the mobo first then do a boot test to make sure it works. If it does then put it all in the case, if it doesn't then figure out what's wrong before putting it inside the case.

If I'm looking to add lots of storage to my PC, would it be better to get a full tower with lots of drives or build a NAS? I only need to use the drives with my PC, not any other devices.

Any that is priced at or below MSRP. There are four on pcpartpicker right now, and all of them are decent, so it's hard to say. Maybe don't get the EVGA one since it's a triple slot on your mAT board. You're left with Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac, and any differences between them are so incredibly minor that it's literally not worth the brain energy to think about it.

depends on how juicy your cooler is. you example wouldnt wanna mount a d15 and then try to install the mobo. would be pretty retarded

Everyone neglects subtimings. They can make a huge difference.

Attached: aida cmb.png (1078x569, 235K)

Its a vs thrash, what psu should I look for now, 500-600w?

Don't forget about Navi

Thx

pcpartpicker.com/list/xjJGQZ
any suggestions?

>win7
>office 2013
go for it

>buying windows

yes, put cpu ram and cooler on before putting board in case, as long as the cooler doesnt make it impossible to plug in the extra power on the mobo cus the case is too small and you can get your fingers in there.
also lets you hold onto the cooler while inserting it which makes it easier to get into place aswell.

this. it's like max 2 months off, it's worth to hold out and see if it's any good, even if you dont buy it there will be price drops on ryzen 2000

having a NAS is very nice, but has some extra cost but if you're using HDDs then you can put it somewhere else so you dont have to bother with all the noise.
and the case depends on how many drives, you can fit many terabytes in a regular case like the Define R6 if you buy high capacity drives, but if you want some expansion options without having to replace your old drives then a full tower could be nice, just make sure it has enough drive bays or option to mount them.

you dont have to upgrade it now with the hardware upgrades you already mentioned so dont worry about it until next upgrade.

Looks like a workstation-type of machine. Personally I wouldn't get a liquid cooler. You're not overclocking a Xeon so I would get a Noctua cooler. Also, I would look into getting Windows 10 Pro or Workstation instead of Windows 7. Otherwise have fun with that beast machine.

>65 inch VA monitor
>144 Hz for no reason except if you want to slack off and gayme when boss is not watching

Now I am not so deep into pc building but some guy said your mobo might not get bios updates and that might create problems with newer gpus. Right or wrong. Care to explain?

How long will this PC last running on a custom loop filled with piss and shit as the TIM for the cpu waterblock?

Until the piss and shit dries up.

Are GPU prices still inflated by crypto?

So I splashed water on my RM750x and it started to crackle and shut itself down mid game. Everything else works, I checked. How long does RMA take? I need to get back to playing Metro Last Light, I love that game.

Not as inflated as before but still more expensive than what it used to be before those times.

Non rtx gimmick cards arent. Radeon vii is because of le epic 7nm me-me

They're quite good at updating EUFI/BIOS nowadays since it actually improves shit unlike old BIOS that you basically just updated if shit wasnt working.
Also he probably meant for new CPU, and it's not an issue for AMD boards as long as you get one with decent VRM that can handle the power of newer chips.

No.

Why dont you ask Corsair or check the FAQ on their site?
Also how the fuck did you manage that?

yes and retards telling you no are retards
shit got inflated and nvidia and amd too adjusted to the new normal and stayed there

>Why dont you ask Corsair or check the FAQ on their site?
Also how the fuck did you manage that?
yeah well I had just wiped my keyboard clean with water and a rag and I shook my hands and a drop or two went into the PSU from the back, my computer is on my table. At least it's the only reason I can think of for it killing itself. I'm not even sure how water could get in it like that

except they arent since even a fucking 570 was going for $300+ during the craze and they're down to $150 now

nvidia might be but that's just cus of fanbois paying the price nvidia sets.

>cleaning desk... drop or two went into the PSU from the back
the back of your pc isnt facing a wall? shit dude

I got a GN246HL a few months ago. How badly did I fuck up?

Depends how much you paid. Apparently Acer's customer service is shit, so you better find a quality panel with no defects.

What motherboard and psu can i trust in a build with 4 different GPUs?

x299 or x399 and a 1600w psu or better m8

You seem to have forgotten to use your nametag, mister nametag AMD shill.

Depends of the wattage for the PSU and the cards used. As for the mobo, most likely a mobo that's for HEDT stuff, X299, X399,

you seem to have forgotten your brain, mister dipshit intel shill

>>NEVER use only a single stick
GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly

literal underage faggots are making these threads now? don't give out false information to the dumbasses that frequent these threads. yes you want to take advantage of dual channel memory. no it doesn't mean your dick will fall off if you only slot one stick of RAM. but rather than buying 1 16gb stick buy 2x8.
8gb of RAM DOES NOT mean you will be closing programs reguarly. you are fucking retarded.

should i give up on my 1440p144hz dreams and embrace 1080p60 or just admit this is something for 2 years of savings?

why not 1080p144?

cant you afford the monitor or the setup to run it? idk what u are saying
if so get the monitor first and just run at lower settings

>buyin 1080p60 monitor in 2019

The amd shill that makes the OP is playing games, watch youtube videos, streams, photoshops simutaneously, hence why he also thinks 6c/6t is not enough when it's perfectly fine.

So I just built my computer and it keeps booting to the bios what do I do?

Install a OS with a USB or Disc.

install OS or fix your boot order. and while you're at it enable XMP

Thanks

Is it fine for me to buy my parts separately, but wait until I have all my pc parts to build my pc or should I slowly replace parts especially if my pc is a prebuilt?

Pre-builts can be tits to work in due to sometimes having custom connectors or parts, so it won't hurt to take a look inside and see if there's anything specific in it. Otherwise, you can just buy your parts separately and wait until you have everything to build your PC. And if I didn't understand you well (I assumed you have a pre-built), don't buy a fucking pre-built.

No says my 170 dollar rx 580

I just bought an MSI Nightblade MI2 off of ebay for $20, it's in good cosmetic condition and has everything the barebones would normally have except the PSU.

The reason the seller was getting rid of it was because it used what apparently is a proprietary power supply. But from everything I've looked up it just seems to be a pretty bog standard FSP flex ATX unit that has a 10 pin motherboard power in, instead of thr standard 24pin. Already bought an adapter and was going to get a flex atx psu. Any reason to think I'd have any issues?

Planning on selling my old system (i7 4790k, corsair h100i, 16gb ddr3, crossfired R9 290X, msi Z97 mobo, corsair 850w psu) to fund getting an i7 6700k, 16gb of ddr4, and a gtx 1070 to put in the itx barebones.

Attached: msi-nightblade-mi2-gaming-desktop-pc-3.jpg (800x800, 40K)

it's better to buy everything at once unless it's all within less than 3 months since otherwise new hardware is coming out around the corner and your first purchased stuff will be outdated before you even got to use it.