Whats wrong with i3wm ?

why does Jow Forums haet i3 all of a sudden ?

Attached: 1200px-I3_window_manager_screenshot.png (1200x750, 357K)

I still use it.
That default setup looks like shit though

Bored of it already, just went back to any floating wm + tmux.

there's just too much human-readable elaborate info on using it now
freetards now need to switch to someting more involved and broken out of the box, like trying to patch dwm or using emacs as the wm

KDE or Cinnamon can tile windows. Like in the rare circumstances where it's useful to tile windows.

Attached: konqi.jpg (320x320, 22K)

Tiling is a meme. Use Window Maker.

>rare circumstances
for all tasks that aren't literary wsiwyg photoshop or illustrator hitler i can have portable 14in 900p notebook shitdisplay on my lap (i3wm) effectively replace 2 22.5in 1080p screens on my desk which are used with floating windows interface cuz mswindongs8.1 can't reliably into tiled windows.
now i find annoying as fuck manually wiggling around, maximizing and minimizing overlaping graphics software, terminuls, text editors etc. windows using mouse cursor.

if a WM/DE is meant to be floating, you can at nest switch to "next" and "previous" window, as that works best as most people click and drag windows anyways
any good tiling WM will go to left/right or up/down a tree, depending on the WM and how you have setup. ofcourse, you wpuldn't want to click and drag windows wehn actually working, so it really lacks the same support for it

It's kinda stupid since tmux exists and there's no point in stacking if you're using programs made to be used with mouse anyways

I hate aving to change horizontal and vertical, I just use dwm. But I've heard xmonad is better because of libXcb

wait I correct myself, xmonad doesn't use xcb

i3 is hard to use and has poor performance

I3 is still good. Awesomewm is really out of favor though which is weird because lua is actually good rather than whatever cockamamy shit other wms use

Funny, my KDE settings panel has customizable keybind options for tiling windows.

Found a way to do tiling with openbox. I'm fine with that.

Contrarianism

are you sure about that?

Attached: images(4).jpg (170x170, 3K)

basically its for niggers, and you're a nigger you chink bitch

this,
tried i3, but can't really see much benefit of using it.
Using tmux is enough for me.
For other apps I generally don't need to tile more then two windows on a screen, so simple tilling system of cinnamon is good enough.

also for a bit more advanced tiling in cinnamon I recommend Gtile extension.

I use it but I think it had memory leak.
But just werks out of the box so I use it.
If I were to spend time fiddling around I'd use exwm instead of ricing i3

Perhaps because newbies like me started using it so neckbearded i3 nerds don't feel special anymore? I mean I started using Linux in 2003-4 and deleted Windows in 2010 but I'm still a total newbie skill-wise because pretty much all I've done is click browser icon.

Attached: rude.png (1920x1080, 14K)

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it OP, if you really care about the opinions from the special snowflakes (trannis) of this board, you already lost at life.
Just use whatever makes sense to you and be happy.

Cheers.

FPBP

Yeah that also looks like shit

Xmonad is better

>still using i3 when sway exists

I'm not switching to Wayland until I can use it without X

You can if you want to. Disable xwayland and only use native wayland applications.

No, that's what I mean. Too much of my shit still needs X. So if I have to use X anyway, I'm just going to use all X.

Too ugly.

Attached: sayori1.png (564x546, 218K)

Doesn't me feel as superior as using dwm.

This. i3 is too polished and well functioning

Because the way it handles tiling is shit and defeats the purpose of using a tiling wm in the first place.
Try out xmonad, awesome or dwm to see what I mean.

I use it