/pmp/ - Portable Music Players

Post em

Attached: ipod.jpg (1479x1863, 525K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rockbox.org/wiki/WhyRockbox
agptek.com/index.php/product/agptek-a22-8gb-solar-power-mp3-player-with-fm-radiovoice-recorder-60-hours-playback-and-expandable-up-to-128gb-lossless-music-player-with-1-8-inch-tft-display-black/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

phone

I have an AGPTEK A22. It has a solar panel on the back so you can automatically charge it when going outside. /comfy/ as fuck

Attached: agptek-a22-solar-reproductor-de-mp3-8gb-con-fm-radio-y-grabadora-de-voz-super-durac--26003-400x400_0 (400x400, 25K)

whoa thats actually a neat feature how fast does the panel charge the battery

Attached: 1548049692748.png (600x800, 322K)

There a good guide for what portable music players to look out for?

Sup rockbro

Attached: LumPod.jpg (4592x3056, 2.63M)

get an ipod and an iflash board
hello qt :3

Attached: 1548067808141.png (861x889, 853K)

cockbox when?

Attached: IMG_20190425_211249214.jpg (4032x3024, 1.06M)

Pantyhose AND a swimsuit!
Jesus Christ, my dick!

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

Feels like the battery lasts forever sometimes

Attached: ImgW.ashx.jpg (633x1000, 62K)

How good are the recent sony walkmans in either battery life and/or audio quality?

I always wondered why you would have an mp3 player when you can use Pandora, Spotify sound loud, YouTube etc. The only time I listen to music is when I'm commuting to work I connect my my phone to my car and that's it.

Do you know where you are? board full of virgins, nerds and autistic boomers of course they are gonna use the Microsoft Zune from 2004.

Those are all dependent on a connection and a lot of people have collections of music that they've been gathering for decades.

I work at a fire watch in Colorado every once in a while and good luck getting a cell reception in the middle of nowhere. So for me streaming services are a bit moot when I'm hiking about doing my rounds. Maybe you'll understand one day when your brain finishes developing.

oh, was expecting something like this to be more expensive.

i get bored of pandora sometimes. sometimes I wanna listen to obscure stuff

Doesn’t fit in your pocket.
No WiFi
No headphone port

what's a pmp that supports dynamic queuing?

Mint classic. Here's mine.

Attached: 20190425_211026.jpg (5312x2988, 3.95M)

Seeing these mp3s and ipods in this and other threads has made me want to get one. What websites do you guys use to download pirated music?

diverse.direct

So I think I went and made the ultimate iPod. 6th gen Ipod with ancient emcore shit that I put on there in college and have no idea how to remove, a 1900Mah battery and ~1TB of onboard flash storage. What's a good theme since I'm a pleb on default?

Attached: 20190425_225230.jpg (900x675, 153K)

iCatcher

Attached: 1533830510321.png (400x1650, 367K)

I went on the site and its a site to buy music. I'm too poor for that shit

Coby player I picked up from the thrift store. Just cleaned all the grippy shit off the back that turned to goo. I was going to use this to replace the Clip I lost, but looking at eBay, I might sell this for lunch money instead.

Attached: coby.jpg (900x675, 129K)

>sansa clip+ dies after not using it for a month
just

>memepod
Get out of here grandpa

Attached: 6.jpg (1944x1140, 457K)

Never heard of rockbox before, I checked and it looks like my 2nd gen ipod nano is compatible, what are the benefits of putting rockbox on it?

Drag and drop file transfer, more features, better codec support, themes

What's a good, cheap rockboxable pmp?

>Look, I'm a fucking pedo!
>I like to fuck kids! Yay!
>Look how fucking special am I!
Dis-fucking-gusting.

Sansa Clip + or zip

At least I can take mine to work with me kiddo

That I can buy new

i don't know what kind of shitty phone you have but i can easily fit multiple weeks worth of music and still have streaming services and everything else i would need on mine

Attached: 1533010677920.jpg (994x1200, 101K)

what's so good about rockbox? why does everyone sperg over it? is it because you can have anime pictures on the home screen?

rockbox.org/wiki/WhyRockbox

This is now a boomer thread

Post em

>constantly improved
>last release May 2017

ZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSHAAAAAAAAAAAAN

> 256GB card
> Asahi Kasei AK4497eq DAC
> 32/384khz PCM / 11.2Mhz DSD 256
> 5 unique Digital Impulse response filters
> 10 band equalizer
> 3.5mm headphone out
> 2.5mm balanced headphone out
> Coax digital out
> 2001 monolith styling

Z I S H A N

Attached: IMG_7159.jpg (3264x2448, 1.49M)

you have to go back

I too like having 6-hour battery life.

Dodocool DA106

Attached: IMG_20190426_042130.jpg (3120x3120, 2.93M)

what is the battery situation on that? I want to order one but I feel like im gonna get chinked...

How does the firmware handle large music libraries (>10000 songs)
Is the build quality of the wheel ok?, because for the price point it seems hard to beat

>10000 songs
It'll handle just fine, but the counter just show 3 digits, look at the picture 640/126 when actually is 640/1126.
>build quality of the wheel
I have the player since 2017/18 never had a problem.

I like droidsound-e on my phone. Plays all of my video game format music

Attached: Screenshot_20190426-010439_Droidsound-E.jpg (1440x2960, 796K)

the M7 (on the right) has 20 hours

im looking for a cheap player to pair with my bluetooth earphones but every player raise up to 30$
any reccomendations?

buy wired headphones/earbuds. wireless audio in 2019 is still a big meme.

Nice, mines coming any day now. I heard it plays amazingly and the battery life is great.

I have a bluetooth pair to go running but its a pain in the ass to carry the phone, thats why I use bluetooth outside

Ipod classics are the only apple products i would buy they are actually good and not built to break in a year
I want to kiss [spoiler] little girls [/spoiler]
I'm a zoomer
Thats nice looking how much was it?

Attached: 1544827572386.png (500x1026, 340K)

>how much was it?
$49.22

kek forgot Jow Forums has no spoilers

thats not to bad whats the max sd card size it takes?

Attached: 1553547024002.jpg (888x1246, 201K)

> Ipod classics
> are actually good
bitch pleaze... if you look at the circuitry on an ipod they are using the bare bones SOC ARM dac output. Its pathetic its 18 bit and dont get me even started on their analogue output circuitry. YIKES !

whatever im not an audiofag or an ee

Attached: 1548046673892.png (599x600, 187K)

> what is the battery situation on that?
TERRIBLE. its driving two headphone outputs full time. The balanced output has DISCRETE COMPONENTS... its autism is unmatched except maybe by Cayin N8. Same DAC except with KORG nuTUBES.... but its 30x the price !!!

Attached: N8_HiFi_Adv.jpg (1228x1750, 301K)

well then fuck of back to /a/ and let adults talk

Attached: be19d0ac-219b-458b-8a52-e89d97e5ffeb.png (709x736, 137K)

256 GB.

Stupid question but fits:
What music player do you use on Android? I currently use foobar but the UI is just a little fucked in weird ways.

darling!

i don't use "smart"phones. think harder about technology before mindlessly adopting it.

droidsound-e

I hope you do realize that paper specs, such as dac chips used are absolutely irrelevant for dacs and daps, and it was proven time and time again in measurements.
Zishan is a prime example of redflag chifiphool dap.

The 5g and 5.5g (see ) use a discrete Wolfson WM8758 DAC. And the analog circuitry (which isn't even that bad) can be completely bypassed by doing the diyMod and using the resulting line out.

Ruizu x06
Poweramp

Not using your phone battery when listening to music is a good thing.

>agptek.com/index.php/product/agptek-a22-8gb-solar-power-mp3-player-with-fm-radiovoice-recorder-60-hours-playback-and-expandable-up-to-128gb-lossless-music-player-with-1-8-inch-tft-display-black/
On the website they say 4 hours

> specs,
> such as dac chips
> are absolutely irrelevant

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH *cough* BAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Attached: 7f708e56-3d3a-44c0-90e4-73890df9026f.png (890x752, 190K)

Not that guy, but how terrible are we talking here? Like 6-8 hours of use?

Yes, because sheet of paper represents real life perfomance you absolute retard. Aune x1s uses cheap mobile dac and has top of line SINAD dwarfing "pro" dacs. Audio engineering is about engineering, not about what you use.
But yes, keep shilling your chifi crap, 8 core cables and other audio voodoo crap you dont understand, but think you understand after passing first year of EE.

fpbp

Holy FUCK, and you're saying the iPod has shit analog circuitry?
Look at this shit, ffs. What's the point of having such a good DAC when it can't even drive 32ohm headphones properly? This is one of the best examples of chink-fi ever.

Attached: 2018-05-15_223416.png (894x559, 16K)

I've owned the same Walkman for seven years now, solid piece of kit.
In hindsight, I kinda wish I'd gone the iPod route due to the amount of docks and speakers that are literally being given away at this point. Getting WM-Port stuff is hard, especially when not importing from Japan. I believe this hi fi system was the only one released in the West to have a WM-Port. There's also a model of the Giga-Juke but fuck those prices.

Attached: 20190408_234926.jpg (3984x2988, 2.54M)

don't forget the 20 ohm output impedance

Fuck you the zune was great. I wish the zune had half the support old iPods do these days.

Lol, this graph is saying that the zishan z3 can't output 19k> frequencies?

Oh wow.
That would certainly explain the awful frequency response with such a load.
How the fuck can anyone brag about a player with a high frequency rolloff that starts at nine fucking kilohertz? That's AM radio tier.
Not with a 32 ohm or lower load, it seems.

Based and redpilled

why do you care about the dock when you have a line out?

Attached: 1544896308253.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

>Great DAC
>Enough space to swap the HDD for a fuckhuge SSD
>Battery lasts forever with low power SSD
>Works with open source firmware
>No wifi botnet
>No bluetooth botnet
>No GPS botnet

iPod a best.

i'm done spending money on audio stuff

Attached: IEM Setup.jpg (2000x1500, 815K)

whoa link that mp3 player it's cute

Not him but its hiby r3. I would not recommend it, get fiio m6 instead or shanling m0/hidzis ap80 of you want small.

>RUIZU Aesthetic Edition X06 4GB
>$25 off newegg
>USB micro B
>$10 usb wall charger

I really only use it so I can have my PC off and still listen to audiobooks from audiobookbay on my main sound system. I found that I need to rename .m4b files to .aa and they will play fine. It has a clunky menu system and the volume is wonky and doesn't like going up past 3/4, but that doesn't matter since I plug it into a powered sound system.

Oh and it came with all manner of viruses, keyloggers, and general tomfoolery all loaded up nicely and ready to pounce on any PC so unfortunate enough to have auto play shit turned on. lol Still a good purchase.

Attached: Ruizu.jpg (1024x2112, 784K)

rutracker

>How the fuck can anyone brag about a player with a high frequency rolloff that starts at nine fucking kilohertz? That's AM radio tier.
He is a retard. The "knows something, but not enough to know how little he knows" kind of retard. Worst kind.
The same type of person you can find on anti vax fb pages.

What features of modern smartphones are lacking that you prefer an independent music player today? I feel like a portable DAC, SD cards, and external batteries are a better choice due to the modularity. Then again modern smartphones don't even have a headphone jack. Or is it power efficiency?

More of a preference. I dont like to drain my smartphone battery and storage for audio. Volume control on smartphones is garbage. I have good headphones and want to make sure I am not limiting them by using subpar smartphone output, which actually maters in my case because I use single balanced armature earphones (very sensitive).
Thats about it, I could totally live using just my smarrphone but I dont really have and want to.

What's wrong with it?
Unlike the others it has buttons for volume and track change.

Sup niqqas
What are y'all listening to?

Attached: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (3024x4032, 635K)

Depends on which price class I guess.
I have the nw-a45, bought it replace my fiio x1 II because it was slow as fuck if you put too much music on it.

Pro:
Battery is good.
Sound quality is good too.
Takes sd cards up to 400gb (and maybe even higher, haven't tried yet).
Supports all Bluetooth codecs.
Supports all the common lossless formats.
Both a touchscreen and physical buttons on the side.

Cons:
No replaygain.
Proprietary connector instead of standard usb.
No line out mode. Line out is available through an adapter for the wm-port but it is exactly the same as turning the volume up to max. In comparison the line-out on my fiio sounds a lot better on my hifi.

Worse battery life, more expensive.
Its not really bad, just worse in my opinion than those I listed.

>being a fucktard

At least he's not a fucktard.

battery life is around 8hrs depending on settings (at least after the 2 days i've had it)
reason i didnt get the m6 instead was reading up reviews, the hardware buttons and software are better on the hiby, the DAC is better too, and it has a few more eq/sound settings that i was looking for.
i'm checking up on some firmware updates currently, so we'll see what else i can squeeze out of it.
i'm coming from a sansa clip -> benjie t6 (both rockboxed) to this, so it's a step up in many ways.
that being said, and depending on your needs, yes, the m6 or m0 could suit other people better, but this one works for me well enough

For me it's:
Physical buttons, to change a track or play/pause on my player I just unlock it and press a button. On my phone I'd have to unlock it, slide down the notification drawer and then do it from there.
Keeping music storage separate from my phone. It just so happens the current point at which microSD cards stop making economical sense is around 200GB. So I have a 64GB card in my phone and a 200GB card in my player. And I have free space on both.
Like said, the volume control on phones is trash, in my case my main reason to complain is the awful granularity. It's always too loud or too quiet. Not so on my player, Rockbox has very granular gain control.

Imagine having a phone with such shitty battery life

>battery life is around 8hrs depending on settings (at least after the 2 days i've had it)
Yeah, that is awful. I dont even consider daps below around 15h of lossy playback.

>the DAC is better too
No its not. Dont eat shit like this up. Any modern dac chip is capable of being audibly transparent. It is much more important that people who make the device understand and follow spec sheets than whatever you read on chip producer product page.

That aside, glad to hear it is working for you. As I said, it is not a bad product, just not the one I would chose.