She encodes anime girls in a lossy format

>she encodes anime girls in a lossy format

Attached: IMG_20190425_090533.jpg (924x800, 169K)

This is actually a brilliant way to convey to casuals the horrors of lossy music.

ogg vorbis

Attached: IMG_20190425_090912.jpg (924x800, 238K)

>.jpg

Looks like cancer.

>he says, encoding "anime girls" in a lossy format

if you are about audio you have autism

It's like you can actually watch the bits rotting.

You say it's lossy, but I see it as compression. Smaller file sizes means more songs for me to store.

Thinly disguised audiophile thread?

Attached: bw_wav-mp3-ogg.png (1371x1024, 938K)

op you're full of shit
pic related is 128kbps mp3

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25_21-54-22.png (466x699, 684K)

and pic related is 8kbps mp3 (lowest audacity would go)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25_21-58-11.png (462x697, 572K)

Well, he didn't say what bitrate he used.

dumb animeposter, audio compression priorizes the frequency range which humans can hear, of course you lose information if you fourier transform on image and expect that the frequencies fall into human hearing range

Shut up nigger

kek

Attached: brainlets.png (1066x600, 276K)

Attached: gobak.png (680x680, 368K)

Do you think this is a genuine thread? Poor newfriend.

nah m8, I just like to respond to things seriously since it tends to rake (you)'s

Attached: 1191662908507.gif (192x192, 3K)

How are you encoding images to sound? I've used FFTs to convert sounds to images and back again in order to edit them in an image editor, but these dont look like that.

>audio compression priorizes the frequency range which humans can hear

so does audio acquisition you retard. Why do you think sampling rates never went past 48 kHz?

Attached: Bad_ending.jpg (727x1116, 231K)

>he doesnt use appropriate formats
I don't see you using lossless video formats.

dumb. everyone's hearing is slightly different so lossless audio isn't a real thing. even flac will sound different to two different people. nature itself has ensured that everything humans hear is "lossy" so you might as well rip shit from youtube and stop wasting your money.

A sampling rate of 48kHz gives an effective 24kHz max frequency, 4kHz over the human range and about 8kHz higher than 90% of the people here right now.

Attached: nigger.png (1200x675, 652K)

>use lossy format like a lossless format
>wtf compression this is shit
The entire point of lossy compression is to be lossy. You convert it from a lossless format and put it on devices with low storage space.

This is a dumb argument, like the argument that monitor calibration is not important for the same reasons.
You want to have a good baseline. Even if there is variation between people the variation in A PERSON is slow.

>Why do you think sampling rates never went past 48 kHz?
Every sound card I've had for the past 15 years can capture and play back up to 192 kHz. Of course I don't know if it actually works since I don't have or know where to get speakers that can play that shit, or a pet bat to test it on.

everything is more or less a low-pass filter in audio, designing with a higher cut-off frequency than what you're using guarantees a flatter response curve around 15-20 kHz.

try playing the piano so that harmonics go past 20kHz and shifting the FFT, the highest frequencies will sound like total shit.

How exactly is an image converted to an audio format?

It's Miku, so obviously she's made of audio to begin with.

This is unrealistic, because there's no 6.3mm audio plug inside her.

This is where lossy compression can save file size with minimal impact on audible quality.

and still FLAC looks good.

Attached: are you bothered.png (500x500, 14K)

i see

Attached: fweep.webm (1280x720, 943K)

based but the weebs are in denial

bmp is made out of bytes
digital wave is made out of bytes
just convert bro

i see

Attached: fweep.webm (1280x720, 943K)

Get new glasses, user. That image is compressed as hell.