Name one thing Linux has that MacOS doesn't

Aside from Freetard licensing baloney, I mean.
Apple is basically Linux for people who have jobs and don't have time to spend configuring shit.
It just works.

Attached: Linux is basically macOS for impoverished people.jpg (471x418, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vulkan-tutorial.com/Drawing_a_triangle
github.com/machine-drivers/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/blob/master/README.md
google.com/url?q=https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40296756/homebrew-saying-xcode-is-outdated
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Heterosexuality.

Docker without virtualization
Hell, even Windows can support Docker without virtualization (through WSL)

Widgets

>better scheduler
>better network stack
>better filesystems
>less kernel overhead
>better package managers
>better C/C++ toolchain
>better modern support on PPC (LOL)
>better support for non-Apple hardware in general
>better gaming
>laptops that don't sound like a fighter jet under full throttle when you compile a trivial program on them
I'm literally replacing my company-issue rMBP with a company-issue PC laptop running Ubuntu because Apple is so fucking terrible at giving me what I need.

I hate Mac as much as the next guy, but Linux has it's fair share of faggots as well

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-25-17-18-49-851_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1139, 270K)

It runs on my hardware, for one thing.

linux.
MacOS is BSD.

3 4 essential freedoms.

>Ubuntu

Is there any reason why you chose nigger linux, a distro whose GUI is so dumbed down it makes Android look handy, so users will have to struggle with the command line to adjust all but the most basic settings?

you can put a NTFS USB stick and the OS won't lose its shit

Vulkan

Attached: 1555952204935.jpg (559x1024, 59K)

It's the distro my employer standardized on for installing all their bullshit like Kerberos and IPS/IDS software. I run whatever I want at home, whether that's Gentoo, OpenBSD, or Haiku.

devs working on it

OpenGL
Vulkan

Attached: 1554359889016.gif (164x188, 1.51M)

AMD CPU support

Dwm, i3, etc.
Docker
Wine
Hardware support
Support for more filesystems
video gaymes
Speed
OpenGL
Vulkan
Freedom
Privacy

>Apple is basically Linux
Yeah and brown bread is basically chocolate cake
Btfo

Free software repos full of free software.
Multiple file systems (your choice)
Ability to install shit without Homebrew or MacPorts.
Linux

Hm... Let me think... Not kernel panicking?

Freedom.

OP BTFO

Attached: 1544483148923.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

You can run bash scripts from the GUI rather than having to do it through terminal. Maybe that changed, but I tried to run a bash script on a friends mac, and you have to do it through terminal.

Also you can run it on virtually any machine. Whereas with Mac you're limited to Apple hardware.
>inb4 Hackintosh
Hackintosh is a meme, no updates, runs like shit, and really only remotely works with intel CPUs.

>Haiku
based

MacOS needs like 3.5 GB of ram for the operating system to idle. Most Linux distrubtions can get by on 1-4 GB of ram.
FUCK bloated crapple shit

Attached: smug.jpg (229x220, 10K)

>opengl
opengl works until 4.1 and you don't even need anything newer than that anyway
>vulkan
vulkan is fucking ass if you've ever worked with it

>vulkan is fucking ass if you've ever worked with it
But it just works

>itoddlers use ancient outdated versions of freely available open source software like openGL or bash and see no issue

Attached: chadandbetalaughing.jpg (600x532, 40K)

vulkan-tutorial.com/Drawing_a_triangle have fun

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1525923256790.png (1009x743, 463K)

This is very basic. Only a Unity level programmer would find this remotely complicated.

Mac is better but who can really afford that shit? A solid Linux rig is almost as good.

>being this offended by ubuntu

homebrew, while convenient, is objectively shit and even the creator acknowledged this on twitter

>Windows can support Docker without virtualization (through WSL
explain more of this? I thought docker on windows is just hyper-v.

>It just works.
Until you try to use it like an actual Unix-like OS, at which point it becomes *worse* than the freetard alternatives. Most of the Unix stuff is just outdated FOSS, and the ecosystem is a fucking mess of hacks compared to old and proven GNU/Linux distros or BSD flavors. Pic very related.
Yes, the UI is prettier. Not everyone cares about that. And even if you do, it's become progressively worse since Yosemite.

Also, Apple's hardware has become as bad as cheap Windows laptops. Whoever thought the butterfly keyboard and meme bar were good ideas should be put out to pasture. For $1500 I may as well get an actual mobile workstation that runs GNU/Linux correctly.

Attached: 1461707088249[1].png (500x302, 105K)

On macOS it's closer and without that WSL like bullshit

github.com/machine-drivers/docker-machine-driver-xhyve/blob/master/README.md

Saying that things are

> better

Doesn't make them true.

Apple has way better C/C++ compiler infrastructure assured, LLVM is made for macOS and GCC runs fine on macOS.

And homebrew might be slow and shit, but it's the best maintained simply because there are more users of it than the 28727373 package managers for that there are for the 1% Lincucks users have divided.

>it's the best maintained simply because there are more users of it than the 28727373 package managers for that there are for the 1% Lincucks users have divided.
No, it's worse in spite of being the most popular, because Apple users are bandwagoning bugmen that can't think for themselves.

Is Vulkan FOSS?

Wifi drivers.

Attached: o.jpg (250x247, 7K)

They work great if you’re not a brainlet

linux is linux fag, what's so bad about it? unless you're autistic about systemdicks it's the same as any other distro

Yeah, the drivers for Intel chipsets that don't fucking exist work great if you think about them hard enough.

Attached: tiny.jpg (560x292, 23K)

have sex

Freedom

>using NTFS on a flash drive
You're right that FUSE performance on OSX is absolutely shit due to lack of caching. Of course I use this with an external hard drive, not a fucking flash drive.

A proper package manager which can add repositories and manage every package in my system (try updating your kernel through brew).

Drivers so it can run on over a billion of hardware combinations instead of just 10.
>time to spend configuring shit.
Each normie distro is already configured fine and more ready to use than windows, at least.

Maybe going a bit OT but.

>It just works.
Except it doesn't. I own an older Mac Mini that I used for a piece of software that was MacOS only a few years ago. It's been gathering dust for a while until I needed a lightweight desktop to run.
I started the project with an X220 that had near similar specs but it ran really hot despite re-applying thermal paste and being in a dock. It also took up a tonne of space and the fan had a very high pitch whine (even after being replaced).
The mac has okay-ish hardware and it can certainly cool the CPU better than the thinkpad while taking up less space. The problem? MacOS, the way it handles booting an OS, it's stupid file system, it's backup system that uses it's stupid file system. Almost every single app and utility required for it requires some form of cash thrown at it. It's a mess of an OS built for legacy users and die hard fans.

What does Linux have that MacOS doesn't? Freedom. It's not chained down to what apple think is the right way, and you probably won't have to throw money at it in the long term.

Attached: Screenshot_20180905_135218.png (842x558, 36K)

>kde
Todas as vezes.

Funny you bring up llvm, because llvm is better supported on linux than mac. look at sanitizers such as MemorySanitizer, which doesn't work on mac at all.

WSL I still wouldn't call native. WSL itself is just an emulation layer, but not a full emulator. Similar to WINE.

free price tag

freedom

>GCC runs fine on macOS.
I've come to understand that when a macfag tells me a CLI tool "runs fine" in macOS, usually they mean it's about 20 years older than the Linux counterpart, but it sort of still works. Go on, post the output of gcc --version.

>And homebrew might be slow and shit, but it's the best maintained simply because there are more users of it than the 28727373 package managers for that there are for the 1% Lincucks users have divided.
You don't really know what you're talking about. If yum/dnf or apr break, entire server farms cannot be updated. It grinds the internet to a halt. If brew breaks, some faggot sighs loudly in starbucks because his disruptive webapp now can't be done. You're thinking about desktop usage, but Linux reigns supreme in the server space.
In fact brew has had this error for years now and nothing has changed because it's not a relevant piece of software:
google.com/url?q=https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40296756/homebrew-saying-xcode-is-outdated
Where brew breaks because of a package it cannot even manage. So much for being the "best maintained".

>sour grapes
Pathetic

>opengl works until 4.1 and you don't even need anything newer than that anyway
>4.1
here i thought Mesa was slow to pick up new OpenGL versions...

>you don't even need anything newer than that anyway
that's like windows users saying you don't need a filesystem better than NTFS
just because it's the best you have, doesn't mean it's the best there is

> Hell, even Windows can support Docker without virtualization (through WSL)
Proofs. LTSB 2018 does not work.

Desktop environment alternatives.
OSX Desktop and Finder are a fucking joke.

wrong

soul

>britain
No surprise here.

Are you still waiting for the other IToddler on this board to call you a poorfag?

Attached: lqb.jpg (600x600, 27K)

An open source kernel
Dumbass

>Calling it a GUI
>Not calling it a DE
>Not knowing Ubuntu has multiple DEs to choose from
I bet you use Mint and pretend its not second hand ubuntu

Linux is a kernel used in Android.

macOS' kernel is open source
Linux does not have a kernel

games. do i think it matters? no, not at all. macOS is for intellectuals.

Attached: 1555456805118.jpg (744x838, 212K)

OP status: ETERNALLY KEKED

>intellectuals
u mean phd in gender studys and faggotry? stop sucking so much iCock, faggottini

virgin users

OpenGL drivers

My macOS Mojave runs at 1.5 GB RAM usage. What are you talking about?
Sure, you can install a lot of crap and then freak out over the ram usage, but this kind of misbehavior can well be done on any other OS in existence.

>Heterosexuality
C'mon, most Linux users are weird lost people that dwell in their parents basements and almost never leave the desk. they even collect coke bottles to urinate in, just to not miss any bullshit posted on Linux forums and stuff.
And none of them has ever seen nor smelled a pussy.
They will die as virgins, fat, unhealthy, not showered in years with greasy hair .......

brain cells

B8

the fucking bait man

Attached: wizard.jpg (300x207, 20K)

the ability to install it on any hardware i desire without breaking a EULA

A working OS.

how will mactoddlers ever recover

baste

Why are you trying to lecture people on Linux when you don't even know what a desktop environment is?

oof

Most GTK software ported to FagOS is horribly broken. I actually use GIMP to edit photos regularly, and it doesn't fucking work on OS X. Most *nix software is developed on Linux or BSD, and Macfags get our sloppy seconds.

>muh job
>muh life
You post on Jow Forums. Your argument is invalid.

So use an X11 version instead of the native Quartz version

>just waste even more time and install unsupported shit just to run a simple image editing program
Meanwhile it comes bundled with most Linux distros or can be installed with one click from the repos. Why are Macfags such fucking retards? You pay $2000 to jump through hoops and work around your inferior OS just to run the same shit I can run on any PC I pull from a dumpster.

Attached: 1547425307345.png (723x563, 121K)

You probably think multivariable calculus is hard.

>waah why are you telling me how to fix my problem

>Saying that things are
>> better
>Doesn't make them true.
HFS+, APFS, and the XNU scheduler are utter fucking garbage for unix workloads. This is an objective fact.
>Apple has way better C/C++ compiler infrastructure assured, LLVM is made for macOS and GCC runs fine on macOS.
Nice Valgrind support, fagballs.
>And homebrew might be slow and shit, but it's the best maintained
LMAO WHAT
>simply because there are more users of it
WHAT IS AWS? WHAT IS AZURE? WHAT IS WSL?

You didn't tell me anything of value. I fixed my problem by installing Linux, where I can use the programs I need. Have fun hacking X11 onto your FreeBSD leftovers because the homosexual compositor it comes with can't display some fucking widgets.

Attached: 1528197340740.gif (463x698, 204K)

>You didn't tell me anything of value
I told you how to fix the issue with the software on OS X
>I fixed my problem by installing Linux
Congrats, want a medal?
>Have fun hacking X11 onto your FreeBSD leftovers because the homosexual compositor it comes with can't display some fucking widgets.
Just because I know how to OS X better than you doesn't mean I'm using it, dumbass. I'm also running Linux.

There are UI things i like in MacOS that i've not seen particularly much in linux. Like i can drop a particular folder into my dock and have it display a... i suppose a bubble, or a stack that previews that folder. On Gnome it'd be pretty swell to have app-folders directly on the dock for example.

>defends FagOS
>"hello fellow Linux users"
Yeah, sure. Poo in the loo. Im sick of you dothead fucks shilling here.

Attached: 1508515776648.png (1082x1340, 1.67M)

Attached: 2019-04-27-020534_652x316_scrot.png (652x316, 16K)

That font is fucking horrendous.

It's the default, I haven't bothered changing much as this is just a temporary install until I get a new PSU

Why are you running a realtime kernel?