All my jobs revolve around this software. My teachers graded me with this software...

All my jobs revolve around this software. My teachers graded me with this software. I use it to budget my finances and I just stole a copy from work to install on my windows OS.

It isn't my favorite software, but I wouldn't argue against it being the best or most useful.

Jow Forums what do you think?

Attached: excel.png (300x168, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20190330050513/http://www.geocities.jp/nchikada/pac/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Excel is great and nothing else comes close to it in the genre.
It's one of the reasons I don't use a Linux machine.

imagine if the great scientists of the past had access to this. imagine how much time jefferson or Einstein wasted on repeated calculations

Its great.

The issue is when people use it instead of a database. My current company does crazy shit where excel files read other excel files for data. Its fucking chaos.

dual boot

Yeah, yeah, it's good sure. That's why you use wine to have it, no need for Windows.

>Jow Forums what do you think?
It's a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets are useful. Excel isn't any better or worse than other spreadsheets.

Attached: 1554313485781.jpg (905x881, 266K)

I used to use a VM, but now I just use WSL

What does this crap even do besides math and stuff? Do non programmer normies really find this sort of thing useful?

I just wasted like half an hour to figure out that DATEDIF only works if the second argument is larger than the first (using libreoffice calc).
>Err.502
Someone shoot me please.

Attached: 1555548633277.jpg (996x720, 98K)

My coworkers use excel, but I just use libreoffice calc for everything and I've never had any issues.

It is the industry standard as a database. Just tell them the benefits of moving to databases.

Finance normfag here. Excel is dope. What's the benefit of database especially if you just deal with company financial report data?
Learning postgresql atm. Still pretty basic.

there's been a bunch of shit where I'd write a small if not entirely trivial script to do a minor bit of number crunching or whatever
and then I'd realize after the fact that I could have done this in a spreadsheet and it'd have taken less time to make, had a nicer interface, and provided the information in a nicer format

ordinary people largely use it for finances or record keeping

You don't risk losing data by losing a file on a disk somewhere or overwriting some cell. It is not a database, it is a spreadsheet.

web.archive.org/web/20190330050513/http://www.geocities.jp/nchikada/pac/

As a Non programmer normie I find it frustrating having to use vba and macros for trivial things like hiding tables arrows for cells that don't need it, where a fucking select cells and hide autofilter arrows would do it

BITCH, is better than any office freetard software, we cant just compete with office

you can make full fledged applications with a GUI in Excel. It is much better than google docs or libre office calc, and is probably the only based software Windows has released

Ah yes. Excel.
Worthless bugman software.
Glad I switched paths long ago, went into medicine as a non-trad and became a physician. If I use it, it's not for any formal purpose.
There are retards who are hunched over at screens all day.
I'd rather be working as a steel worker or truck driver than a computer bitch.

Attached: 1550669188278.jpg (1024x716, 103K)

Maintenance, readability. Database will be more rigid than Excel which is just like YOLO.

Makes me wonder if Microsoft Access is still that bad that people still use Excel as a database

I have seen people do amazing things with it like run entire businesses ... I'm just garbage ..post test

Does it still shit itself when doing a lookup from over 70000 entry?
I use office 2010 and it refuse to give any result.
WPS office will only return the result by manual F2 in every lookup value.
The only one that actually work is suprisingly libreoffice.

As much of a freetard I am, I have to agree. Excel is incredibly powerful and so easy to use that anyone can learn to use it adequately in a really short amount of time. It's unfortunate that there is no foss that competes in terms of stability and features, but I'm perfectly fine using excel.

Yes, pretty much every skilled office worker will be using excel in at least a small capacity.

I don't think it's that Access is shit, but more that everyone already knows how to use excel sufficiently and Access is an entirely different beast that is harder to pickup than excel. You can learn quite a lot about excel's capabilities just by playing around, but in Access I'd say that you really need some kind of course or workshop to be able to make good use of it.

If i know fuck all besides excel can i get a job?

>can i get a job
Yes
>will it be a fun/high paying job
While it's true that there probably are many fun and high paying jobs that only require knowledge of excel, you don't get them by ONLY knowing excel.

Excel is great for visualizing what you are doing, it's declarative and it's reactive by design.

These are all things that modern programming still struggles to do well.

Either 1) Join the Military. 2) Become a Priest/Monk 3) Change career paths in life if you have money. 4) File for disability and collect SSDI, or 5) Lie.
Lying reduces yourself as a person. It is not admirable at all but I suppose its better than starving.

R and Python are superior, but because it's about what everyone knows you'll have to use Excel for shared projects anyway.

>but in Access I'd say that you really need some kind of course or workshop to be able to make good use of it.
I did take a course on Access in college
If you really dig into it you can make some really normie friendly interfaces for entering records and data that can be hosted on IIS
I guess if you are already using Excel then there isn't a real huge reason to try to make a move to Access but for new databases I see nothing wrong with trying Access

Access has some limitations in terms of DB normalization tasks and I haven't figured out how to make proper views (as in SQL views) or complex joins that go deeper than one level. So yes, it's pretty shit. Still, it's a DB, so actually the right tool to use instead of Excel for 90% of things where Excel is misused as a DB.

Just use excel online.

It's slow and missing many features. No addon support either if he requires any.

Excel is the NPC program of choice!

If you use it I got some bad news for you.

What an odd way to say it's the program that actually gets you a job.

>I got some bad news for you
do tell

A job for NPC's yes.

Others do more creative things that garner them employment positions.

u r a npc

im so sorry to break it to you

Attached: 0D71C49C-15EE-4AA9-9745-1DB5DB5BC3F6.jpg (720x575, 65K)

plebian

simpleton

>Access
>the right tool
>for anything
no.

Python can do what excel does faster and better.

You can use:
- Libreoffice calc
- sc (spreadsheet calculator, a terminal spreadsheet)
- google docs
- Excel in Wine
- excel online
- Sqlite
- Python

plenty of options.

Excel > Google Docs > WPS >>>>>>>> Libreoffice.

Have you ever worked for a living, or do you just post shit on Jow Forums all day? If it gets in the way of your productivity, then no, it's NOT a viable alternative. All the nonsense you listed are not nearly as easy to use, nor do they have comparable features.

It's the most useful software in existence.

Please name 3 features (that you actually use) Excel has that can't be done with any of those.

Yes it they have a different workflow, but they aren't lacking in features.

>Office cuck
Btw I have like 15GB of excel books.

This