My family all want me to use dropbox to share photos...

my family all want me to use dropbox to share photos. I can't even encrypt files because they won't know what to do with it

Attached: 407831.jpg (500x486, 31K)

Stop being a fucking faggot holy shit

Attached: 22AB8EE2-1B76-47A7-907B-75CF7CDBB937.jpg (819x772, 747K)

how is not wanting to hand personal data over to a private american company being a faggot?

It wouldn't be hard for you to just build some cheap small clone and use that on a VPS.

it WOULD be hard for me to get them all to switch from dropbox

You know what myself be done.

Attached: IMG_20190411_090708_234.jpg (640x632, 52K)

nobody gives a shit about you and your photos at your cousins wedding

that's not the point you brainlet. why don't you go put all your bank info, passport and nudes on google drive and dropbox?

Giant a are you faggot fucking?

Use google drive as a paging file
Downloadmoreram.com

Not that user, but he is right. These kind of family photos cannot be considered confidential data, since your family members would share them with random people without your consent anyway, you can't fucking compare this to banking data...

>muh safety insecurity
The system is the system m8. If any of that shit were to be compromised its one call to Pajeet to fix it. I also don't take pics of my asshole so we good there too

simple. Write a script for them to run to unencrypt the files. Tell them to download, then run the script.

its the principle of privacy and I don't like companies datamining me. dropbox is chromium bullshit with extra python for flavor, now running straight out of your kernel. its not just an app reading metadata
this is probably my best option, thanks

Then introduce your family to Mega.

Youre posting here on 4chun right?! Congratulations, you're getting data mined.

Source?

Captcha

Jow Forums isn't running in my OS. its not remotely comparable to some """""anonymous""""" posting

>this is probably my best option, thanks
No it isn't, they aren't gonna run a script lmao.

>muh privacy

keep tellin yourself that chief

Whats that

I can't practically avoid all datamining, but I can consciously avoid the worst offenders.

You're probably best off refraining from sharing stuff with your family alltogether and should isolate yourself away from them.
Because I know that any interaction you have with them about this is gonna be an annoyance to them and perceived as literal autism.

it's when you aren't a fucking cuck.

you are a cuck to google

its really not asking much to double click a file and have the folder of pictures open

yes it is. to your normie family anything extra beyond "download" "save" is going to be a hassle to them.

Stop being autistic. I love FOSS as much as the next guy does but I have accepted the fact that it's impossible to avoid the botnet. Of course I take extra measures, but to sacrifice convenience with some shitty FOSS replacement isn't worth it.

Buy yourlastname.com and set up nextcould. And an email server.

Just burn it on the disc and send it to them. Or usb flash drive

"No, I don't like the way Dropbox invades privacy"
Really not hard