Android updates are getting slower and slower

How do we fix Android's update problem? This is actually ridiculous. It seems that every year they introduce some new feature that is supposed to make updating devices easier, and yet the evidence shows that they're slipping more and more with each passing year. What good did project treble do when adoption rate has continued to decline even after it was created?

unlikekinds.com/article/android-updates-are-getting-slower-and-slower-despite-googles-best-efforts

Attached: Android Historical Adoption Rate.png (802x296, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBe6XUFvtRY
youtube.com/watch?v=n_Cn8eFo7u8
youtube.com/watch?v=p_bhDddjGgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VeeSCCrK_T8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Use custom roms. The one I use on my phone updates monthly.

My phone received the pie upgrade last year but I decided to stay on oreo for now.

I will tell you exactly why as I worked as a contractor for Google.
THEY ALL USE FUCKING iPHONES.
From the engineers to the designers they all use iphones and use that as the basis to strive towards.
Just like how city Majors don't want to fix problems, but instead opt to build new bridges or large expensive projects, so do these fucktards want to constantly add flashy features instead of fixing already existing problems. There is no longer a technical base of users, they're gone, mostly replaced by pajeets and iphone chinks.

It's the same problem as with Microsoft.
All the people who were there originally and knew the ins and outs are dead or gone.
There are so many abstraction layers in android right now, it's slow as fuck, and the marketing team is leading in influence.

youtube.com/watch?v=HBe6XUFvtRY
youtube.com/watch?v=n_Cn8eFo7u8
youtube.com/watch?v=p_bhDddjGgQ

The Google you knew from 2004-2011 is Gone.

Attached: Capture.png (638x435, 542K)

People aren't replacing their phones as often. Most Android phones only get one version update and that's it.

There's a FUCKLOAD of people here still using LG G3 and G4.

How is that relevant? It's not on Google to update phones, it's on the manufacturers who don't care because the customers don't care and even put off updates. If Apple didn't make update notifications constantly and "trick" casual users into updating, they never would.
Hell a friend was auto updated to One UI somehow on his Samsung and he got pissed and how everything changed and called it ugly and a waste of space with the huge title bars.

Is there an accent worse than the Singaporean English accent?

South African English

pajeeet English

Sounds like a Kiwi accent, not nearly as bad as Singaporean.
youtube.com/watch?v=VeeSCCrK_T8
Can't argue with that.

How is this even an issue? Security patches are all that needs to be applied regularly.

I'm waiting for an update since I bought this phone in 2015 when it came out
it's still on Android 5 because the manufacturer abandoned it instantly
blame manufacturers
look at Apple
they support 5 years old phones with the latest OS
why can't Android into this too?

Money and deregulated competition rails into planned obsolescence. Marketing increases sales of bad products.

Androidfags are the biggest fucking retards on the planet. I'm not saying that Apple and iOS aren't shit in their own right, but Android users have an insane sense or superiority.
With Android:
>privacy out the window as the entire OS is literally a fucking botnet
>updates stop dead after 2 years, iPhones can get updates for 5 years
>OEMs doing retarded meme shit like curved screens, foldable screen, or LGs now "hovering palm reader" or whatever the fuck it is
>OEMs copy all of Apple's worst ideas (notch, getting rid of headphone jack, swiping bullshit)

>How do we fix Android's update problem? This is actually ridiculous. It seems that every year they introduce some new feature that is supposed to make updating devices easier

nothing to do with updates

>as I worked as a contractor for Google
>THEY ALL USE FUCKING iPHONES.
completely irrelevant
>From the engineers to the designers they all use iphones and use that as the basis to strive towards.
imagine compulsive lying this hard for attention? how adorable.
it's exactly the same as iphone. i've sat there and watched iOS and Android send back user info, requesting privacy invasive permissions and collecting data (including ipods). if you're not retarded, you get root access to android and block this shit. you can't easily do that with apple's botnet. with android it's a different story: firewalls, app permission managers, app hacking tools to remove adverts and kill their internet connectivity. iTODDLERS BTFO yet again.
>updates stop dead after 2 years
most devices don't need updates unless there's seriously something wrong with operating system or the OEM wants to kill off an exploit to stop people from getting root access to the device. (it's always the latter)
> OEMs are doing retarded meme shit
along with apple, they've all struggled to bring anything new or innovative to the mobile computing world in quite some time.

Because chinks are just reselling ancient phones to get rid of them and they're all on android 4-7. Chinks don't want to ship with android 8 because that would make the device ship with Treble, aka be GSI compatible so that the user can very easily give it lifetime updates instead of having to buy a new device after a year. More and more garbage chink brands existing each year doesn't help either.

Most of the world doesn't have money to spend more than 100-150$ on a phone and cheap phones like that are unlikely to get updates unless they're on AndroidOne.

>why can't Android into this too?
Android isn't a company. Samsung supported my galaxy s5 for almost 5 years and it's still supported by LineageOS. Also, any phone that ships with android 8 can be abandoned instantly by the manufacturer if they want, but the user can install GSI and give it eternal support. Just like you can install any linux on your PC instead of using whatever OS your pre-built PC had.

Same with iOS. On android you can at least ungoogle a stock android (without root) or install LineageOS/GSI and don't ever install Google apps.
>updates stop dead after 2 years
3-4 years for most non-shit brands and flagship devices
>OEMs doing retarded meme shit
This doesn't affect you, retard.
>OEMs copy all of Apple's worst ideas
Don't buy those devices then.

Lagdroid software support fucking sucks

My dad bought huawei (android) flagship. He was happy with monthly updates. Until android (9 i think?) came and one of its features was blocking apps from recording calls. They even called this anti feature as improved privacy.

Imagine that: a world in which your call is recorded by the FBI, your goverment and your phone operator and stored up to 2 years thanks to various terrorists acts and laws you as the dude who is actually making this call arent supposted to be able to record what wife tells you to buy after work.

Now my dad learned in his old boomer age how to flash different versions of android and disabled every single type of update.
>dont fix what isnt broken
Nobody is interested in breaking their device OP. Nobody.

Attached: 1556186337938.png (1000x2000, 494K)

You can still record calls, it just needs to be implemented in the calls app. Xiaomi devices have a calls app with this feature so I'm sure you can get around Google's no recording bullshit.

I never said it isnt possible, i am just telling you why many people disable updates on every single machine they use or actually need it to work 24/7.

Updates always break functional stuff. Always something fucks itself after update. Only NEETs or "technology enthuastists" have patience and time to recompile their arch kernel every week and then spend few hours googling for workround for the latest bug.

Normal people disable updates.

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

I'm really glad they do because it makes it really easy for me to rape them.

I kinda agree. The UI of settings is getting more and more shit with each android update.

Well i wont taunt you because my router is dumb brick with 2003 firmware and my win7 werent updated since 2015 so the possible attack vector should be big enough for any determined script kiddie to safely land on.

But really how many times have anyone been actually compromised? And how many times have somebody lived through update breaking shit which was fine before? I like to call it risk management.

Have a nice day hackoranon.

Attached: b0a0094367150d47946018f4d21aca50.gif (346x245, 2.02M)

I use costume roms but I always stay on old android versions because on less popular phones it's hard to get a completely stable rom.

Well typically I like to zero in on a fuck up that a lot of different people are making. You can get away with being out of date etc as long as you took steps to mitigate the problem. No ports open to the public unless they need to be and are maintained/up to date software. If you have some vulnerable software running a httpd but you reverse proxy it with nginx and keep it secured that way that's a bit much for the average skid. When I set up my own servers I put a lot more thought into this stuff, mistakes that allowed me to fuck other people's servers, I kept those in mind when trying to secure my own.

Pixel was a mistake
I still miss nexus

Jah

FUCKING THIS. WHAT CAN Jow Forums NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS FUCKING SHIT? ANY *A N Y* DERIVATION OF ANDROID IS FUCKED.

>Singaporean English accent
That's no accent, that's a pidgin, lah!

>I use costume roms but I always stay on old android versions because on less popular phones it's hard to get a completely stable rom.
It has to do with the pricing more than before I'd imagine, because not as many developer can have access to newer and more expensive devices.