> also learned gnu/linux
> read sysadmin books
> read shell scripting books
> actually write great scripts
> automate everything
> installed gentoo but don't care about compiling everything
> use any distro, don't really care about distro

Dilemma:
> sysadmin jobs are easymoney.png (linux and network sysadmin, pajeet windows helpdesk is not sysadmin)
> realize I might not care about writing software for consumers sysadmins are based
> software developers are often wagecucks
> would keep writing software for myself and my needs

For the longest time I believed in the buzzword memes, but I keep getting the feeling I want to stick with based C (maybe embedded development?) and sysadmins (maximum /comfy). What do /g?

Attached: 1555361266613.jpg (1000x750, 786K)

>1 year of prolog
Glad i'm not the only one who suffered

Embedded system shit with C is very hard to find a lot of people prefer working with C++ its a small niche within a niche, sysadmin work is boring as fuck. Make a better compiler than the GCC compiler user if you want a challenge.

>> sysadmins are based
ha, have you actually met them?

Tell us about your super hot Canadian girlfriend who doesn’t care if you cheat on her if she doesn’t know too

Don't ever work with other human beings, you are incapable of articulating your thoughts.

Look into security. It's the skill intersection between systems and programming. You could make big money pretty easily and your skills are highly useful in reverse engineering.

looking for a sysadmin job now, i agree it should be boring / comfy af

Can you write something in bash or python or Perl to compare two lists of numbers and highlight matches?

result = []
for x in a:
for y in b:
if y == b:
result.append(x)

>sysadmin jobs are easymoney.png
All the easy money sysadmin jobs are getting outsourced to AWS, GKE, Azure and Cloudflare. The dream of sitting in your own office and restarting postfix and bind every few days has been dead for over a decade. The only jobs that aren't going are implementing those things locally. Managing bare metal k8s/k3s clusters (and their garbage CNI plugins), placating Ceph, ticking PCI checkboxes, and putting nagios alerts on downtime until the on-call shift starts. All while sitting in an open-plan office where you're shit on from a high by developers, and constantly begged by support 'technicians' to do their job for them since they aren't quite sure whether the customer was trying to browse the website over HTTP, HTTPS, or IMAP.

I get paid 135k to write Javascript remotely from my house full time. Good luck not killing yourself - at least software has some creativity involved compared to sys work.

Attached: D05961AC19904485AB507DE542AD9868.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

Yes and they are based. Unlike you fagote boi

how old are you op?

Attached: 1552418754141.jpg (640x619, 96K)

38, why?

React, Vue, jQuery or just vanilla?

How does one make that much off mere javascript, please tell us your secrets.

React and Typescript. It's not just those two things though...you need to know how to test, and do proper engineering design especially if you'll be working on a component library (and that's being used by other developers).

I haven't touched jQuery in forever lol.

[x if x == y for (x, y) in zip(a, b)]
or
[x if x in a for x in b]
depending of what compare two lists means.
You are just a brainlet, stick to webdev.

Both these solutions are fucking terrible O(n^2).

if you care that much about complexity just create a bitset, iterate list 1 and set the bits, and iterate list 2 and &= the bits
O(m + n)

He said "numbers", not "small integers". Plus your method does not allow counting the number of duplicates.

then just use an unordered multiset instead of a bitset