I'm rinsing with vinegar but this fucking algae won't go away...

I'm rinsing with vinegar but this fucking algae won't go away. Do I have to disassemble my cpu block to get rid of it completely? Are the black specks around the corners also algae? Does anyone know any tricks to kill this alien fucker in my loop

Attached: image-20190426_211710.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=copper oxide&client=ubuntu&hs=KV5&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT6KSbrPDhAhWFmuAKHfVmBFsQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=992
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper(II)_acetate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dump some acetone in that shit m8 that'll sort your problems right out

Use bleach instead

Your mother should have swallowed you

Too corrosive for copper

You didn't use distilled water like you were supposed to, did you?

Car antifreeze is usually made of ethylene glycol which kills anything in sigjt, just use some to flush your loop and then some it with distilled water

Redpill me I'm new to watercooling. I flushed my parts. Then filled. Then put a few drops of biocide and I just saw this today. I've had this loop for less then a month

let it grow, having a little biology culture experiment in your loop will look cool, like pic related crossed with a lava lamp

Attached: article-2267504-17212EB3000005DC-781_634x663.jpg (634x663, 70K)

Use ammonia to neutrilize each other while keeping the cleansing power

Just flushed my loop with vinegar and the excess came out blue? What could this mean?

Attached: 20190427_090100.jpg (4032x3024, 3.37M)

> Acetone
>plastics

The acetone has destroyed copper parts inside you kit, moron.

Now you have blue copper acetate in your water. Holy shit never listen to the internet. Based retard, I'm havin' a laff here!

Watercooling was a mistake

t. aircoolet

Possibly the acid in the vinegar reacting with copper.
google.com/search?q=copper oxide&client=ubuntu&hs=KV5&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT6KSbrPDhAhWFmuAKHfVmBFsQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=992
I use this stuff around the garden to kill plant fungi.

I used vinegar. Just googled and this is supposed to happen. Try harder with the FUD tho

Cope

>he fell for the water cooling meme

>doesn't know basic chemistry
>etches pores into his cooler
Now that the vinegar destoyed the smooth surface and coarsed it, the total surface has increased, making it even more susceptible to corrosion and allowing algae to easier latch on to it.

Why are you mad at me for pointing out junior high tier chemistry?

it's copper acetate, douche

based

>acetone
You dumb shit, he clearly stated he used vinegar.

>ur kit
what a little gaymer boy faggot

>boil water
>let it rest for few seconds
>add pic related (cristal lemon acid)
>fill loop and let it do its thing for about 30 minutes
>rinse loop with distilled water
>post results

Attached: _vyr_209citrodeko.jpg (328x328, 34K)

>Dilute ethanoic acid
>Acetone
M8 wut

copper acetate is the functional copper salt of the acetic acid (vinegar)
it has nothing to with acetone.

but thanks for giving me now archived proof of your mental retardation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper(II)_acetate

had to break it down in easy words for him, given how dumb Jow Forums is by now

Just going to accept my fate and scrub it. I've learned my lesson tho to not cheap out. Just bought some cryofuel and I'm going to use sterile water instead of distilled.I know some solutions work wonders but id rather take out the guess work and just scrub. Thanks for the help tho guys. I have a loong Saturday ahead of me

>The acetone has destroyed copper parts inside you kit, moron.
Put your glasses on mole-man. This was the original post I was referring to.

I've run the same automotive radiator coolant in my loop for 2 years and have never had any issues.

Maybe you should try it, OP.

Attached: valvoline-coolant-zerex-g-05-ready-to-use-5l-940-05-940-05-6df.jpg (383x255, 18K)

Vinegar won't do shit. It will just give them something to eat in the water. Bleach (chlorine) might kill them.

Nothing kills bacteria more than alcohol. Put some antifreeze or ethanol in it.

what additives to people put in their water coolers?

I heard Jet Dry decreases the waters viscosity and increases flow and cooling.

Attached: 61X-xuj-0uL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 72K)

ITT : Jow Forums proves that it knows jackshit about chemistry

pretty much nothing you can add to water will improve it from a thermal standpoint. You need to add some kind of biocide, but that's all you should be adding. The antifreeze and crap that you add to engine coolant isn't there to make it cool better, its there to lower the freezing point and raise the boiling point, since engines have to operate in much wider temperature ranges than computers.

People who goof and mix copper and aluminum parts need additives to prevent galvanic corrosion, but it's better to just make everything copper. (or something that can't corrode, like plastic) And of course plenty of people add cosmetic things like UV-fluorescent dye. That doesn't improve the cooling capability - in fact it hurts it slightly - and it has the chance to settle out and clog things up. But it looks cool so some people do it anyway.

Should have used coolant instead of water.

I would use rubbing alcohol to clean it, but I don't have water cooling. I was told to use distilled water and antifreeze (or premixed) like and and wrote. If it doesn't hurt car copper and plastic radiators why would it hurt these.

it could be biofilm op, extremely resistant colony of bacteria they built impenetrable castle around themselves from proteins and shits. They attach on everything and are everywhere in our life.

It needs to be destroyed layer after layer. Best combination I know is isopropyl alcohol flush first and then vinegar right after (chemical reaction could peel off some layers) but it is not 100%

In fact biofilm can be so nasty and resistant that it needs custom made mix of enzymes to eat through it or some very aggressive chemicals. It is better to prevent formation by killing everything in water before they start building their castle

Attached: 1556007841448.jpg (240x240, 6K)