Here's something that hasnt been brought up before.What are the must have F-droid apps...

Here's something that hasnt been brought up before.What are the must have F-droid apps?Finaly got to root my xiaomi redmi note 6.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1280x720, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/pull/2309
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clover
Simple Gallery
KeePass DX
NewPipe
Slide for Reddit
Tachiyomi
Twire
Vanilla Music

NetGuard

adaway
Fennec + addons uBO & "don't track me google"

Step aside, rootlet.

Attached: 1537429617863.png (192x192, 14K)

Everything mentioned in except muh reddit
AnySoftKeyboard
Tasks
Shelter
OpenVPN
Termux
LabCoat
FastHub-Libre

at least rename the fucking picture moron.

>Shelter
I hope you audited that Chinese botnet.

forgot to mention Simple Keyboard

Apps that I like to use;
Vinyl (music player)
AntennaPod (podcasts)
AnkiDroid (flashcard app)
Icecat (browser)
Lightning (browser)
DroidFish & Simple Chess Clock (chess)
Maps (offline openstreetmaps)
Newpipe (youtube)
MuPDF (lightweight pdf viewer)
Yalp Store (if you need access to playstore apps without account)

It was renamed, retard.

How is simple gallery? I use nonbotnet quickpic and while I really enjoy it, I'm open to alternatives

Amaze (file explorer)
andOTP (two factor authentication)
AnkiDroid (flashcards)
AntennaPod (podcasts)
Audio recorder
Clover
Cythara (musical instrument tuner)
Goodtime (pomodoro timer)
Just search (assistant replacement)
K9 mail
KISS launcher
LibreOffoce viewer
Metronome
MuPDF viewer
NewPipe (YouTube client)
SealNote (encrypted notes)
Simple Keyboard
Simple Calendar, Simple notes (most the of "simple mobile tools" apps are pretty dicent)
Syncthing (synching files between devices)

Adaway+afwall
Bitwarden
QKSMS
K9 mail or fairemail(Izzy's repo)
Bromite(bromite's repo)
primitive ftpd

I'm not him, but I used simple gallery for quite a while, it works pretty well, let's you easily organize your pics moving them between folders and hiding galleries you don't care about, for me, when it comes to organizing pictures it works better than most galleries, but I stopped using it because it seemed to show images at a lower quality than other galleries, it's not too dramatic of a difference but I kinda need to see my pictures as high quality as possible.

>MuPDF
Does this shit viewer allow to change from swiping left right, to up down?

Use Pdf Viewer Plus.
It's vertical by default.

Has no search. Holy shit there is no pdf viewer or reader that uses sane settings or is completely devoid of features.

try EbookDroid

Thank you user.

What vpn service would you reccomend from F-droid

What's wrong with it? Its not island which is Chinese botnet on the other hand

>What's wrong with it?
No idea. I haven't personally audited the code. It could be totally legit.
All I know is half of the git issues are in Chinese, and since I don't speak Chinese I can't say what they're about.

F-Droid sucks, took them forever to get NewPipe to work

That's not F-Droid's fault.

Forecastie - weather
OSMand - open street maps, offline maps with GPS and shit like that
Syncthing - backup, syncing files
NewPipe
AdAway - removes ads
AFWall+
Amaze
AnkiDroid
Barcode Scanner
Flym - RSS
Omni Notes - note taking with pics and shit
Twidere - for following the latest shitposts
Yalp Store

Youtube vanced is better than newpipe

Why can't bromite be naturally on F-Droid? I hate adding external repos also I never trust some devs.

Link to Izzy's repo?

Quit being a bitch, I use Nanolx's repo, love the guy and has good microg builds

>Quit being a bitch
How? It's too much fun.

I made the switch from quickpic to simple gallery and it's pretty comfy. It has almost the same features without the recent bloat.

Twidere still working?

Not that user but yes.

>Yalp Store
can you download paid apps too?

Unfortunately not.

T-ui is unironically good and practical.
Has anyone already make an app for OpenStreetMap that gives directions, works with gps and doesn't suck?

YouTube Vanced is not on F-Droid because it's closed source. Also NewPipe will be even better now that news feed sorting will get merged.

yes, you can. Login in google acc and buy apps on desktop (or mobile browser with desktop user agent), login in yalp with your google account, download them.

Remember to install f-droid extended permissions. It's nearly fucking unusable without it.

>Yalp Store (if you need access to playstore apps without account)
Aurora Store as well.

>login in yalp
completely defeats the purpose

? I'm using it on unrooted fire OS without problems and half of the apps mentioned in the thread. Recommend G-Droid for the nicer style tho

Superuser is closed source.
By default android apps cannot turn on or off airplane mode. Superuser allows me to give root permissions to apps but it is closed source.
So, from a security point of view , is rooting recommended?

Attached: model-334739_1280.jpg (1280x850, 210K)

>Simple Gallery
Camera Roll is better

>Vanilla Music
Vinyl is better

>Yalp Store
Aurora Store is better

>Maps
OsmAnd~ is better

>Just search
If you use Firefox, it also works as Assistant

>So, from a security point of view , is rooting recommended?
It weakens security, but improves your freedom. Flash Magisk, it is free and open source.

Just search looks more comfy

Yeah, Firefox creates new tab on Assistant action. Thanks. I'll give Just Search a try.

Thanks I didn't know about this tool.
> it weakens security
If I only give root privilege to trusted and Libre apps, is this still true?

In order to flash free firmware, you unlock your device and install custom recovery.
If your device will get lost or stolen, it will be easier to wipe it and resell, compared to locked device.
It will also give burglar access to all your data if you don't use encryption.

>clover
>not superior overchan (fork)
ISHYGDIGGY

Guess I'll list some that don't get mentioned quite so often.

>Quickdic (Offline dictionary, not a gay hookup app like the name suggests)
>Simple Solitaire Collection (Solitaire that doesn't need to access your microphone or camera)
>Amaze File Manager
>Unit Converter Ultimate
>KDE Connect
>Lightning Browser (mentioned already, but it's worth noting that the F-Droid version is the pro version that costs money on Play Store)

Simple Mobile Tools in general is a really good set of apps if you just want the most basic version of that app. The gallery is a fucking gallery. The calendar is a fucking calendar. The most "bloat" feature about them is being able to customize the colors of the app.

Did not thought about this. I don't use password anyway so unlocking would be easy for a burglar. As long as the data is secured, the device could be reselled for all I'm concerned.
So if these are the only risks, I might root it, I don't thing it could be worsen the default Samsung Rom from the privacy perspective

why the fuck is camera roll better? its fucking useless you moron stop shilling shit apps

>It will also give burglar access to all your data if you don't use encryption.
Which means if I don't encrypt anything, I'll be more motivated not to lose it. Checkmate, crypto nerd.

Adaway
AFWall

That would be OsmAnd

Yes. I recommend Lineage or 'Lineage for microG' (if you need more app support) + Magisk.

True, Camera Roll is actually horrible

what do those permissions do?

>adaway
>not using superior blockada master race

Lmao @ u guys

adaway is better if you're rooted. If you're not, blokada is by far the best option. While blokada does have all the adaway lists and many many more, it'll drain more battery than adaway and can have some trouble staying on on some phone models, though they've improved a lot on that front.

Simple Gallery
Scarlett Notes FD
Netguard

NewPipe I download it from their website and Clover Dev from GitHub

All other apps I use are probably botnet, but useful

are there any audio recorders with a homescreen widget?

I'm using energized protection it's some magisk module I found, should I switch to adaway or blockada or just stay with this shit?

>Here's something that hasnt been brought up before.

Attached: 1556159088117.jpg (324x291, 15K)

Tachiyomi
Clover

anything more is just bloat

doesn't it act as a VPN? how do i use an actual VPN with it?
what does it do that adaway can't?

is there another youtube client other than newpipe? I was using vanced but now they want you to install microg before you can sign in

For some reason my bank app crashes when it tries to use the GPS. Is there any decent GPS emulator?

>In order to flash free firmware, you unlock your device and install custom recovery.
>If your device will get lost or stolen, it will be easier to wipe it and resell, compared to locked device.
>It will also give burglar access to all your data if you don't use encryption.
Well then, encrypting your device again is only a few clicks away and your phone doesn't boot without a decryption password anyway.

Why the fuck are there no apps that can UPSCALE an image, rather than just reduce?
Why the fuck are there no simple paint apps (literally mspaint tier, mainly to conceal personal info/faces in pictures or screenshots I want to post) that aren't utter shit and half-dysfunctional as they are?
I never developed for android, is that so fucking hard? Because I don't believe there is no demand for them.
At this point I'll take anything that's not ad-ridden botnet, as long as it can be installed for free from yalp. I've given up hope of any libre app like that existing.

I was thinking about just rooting the device and keeping the Samsung Rom. Unfortunately my device is not supported by lineageOS. Also I remember lineageOS has a root option on settings so once installed there's no more need for a custom recovery, right ?

What makes it superior to clover?

>Implying people's subjective preferences are wrong.

You can add those host files to AdAway.
I tried energized protection but had a hard time setting it up.

cant you just get most of these apps from Xposed already?

Is Newpipe Better or Worse than Ymusic?

what are you hoping to achieve? if you only want to hide your traffic from public wifi and your mobile operator then just get a cheap vps and use openvpn. ovh bottom tier is like $3/month.

just tried termux after using juicessh for years and it's really good. thanks, user.
afwall+ for anyone wondering

Bromite is fucking garbage:
>cannot edit adblock settings
>no cosmetic filtering
>huge empty spaces on websites because of this

Wow it's nothing. This is what I get for listing to Jow Forums and not sticking to Firefox mobile and ublock.

Clover (duh)
Simple Gallery, Camera, file manager, clock, flashlight, basically anything with the simple suite is great
Newpipe (youtube)
Icecat (browser)
Webapps (for botnet social media)
Notepad
QKSMS

For me simple gallery shits the bed with webms and generating thumbnails for larger folders while camera rolls doesn't. They're both still miles away from QuickPic.

Sometime in the past year it started lagging a lot on listing many gifs and disabled zooming on gifs which is fucking annoying
Otherwise it's great

Is there an app similar to the simple keyboard but with word suggestions for multiple languages?

private dns is better than app

Is there a scanner app for android that is compareable to ios`s scanner pro from readdle? I really want their distortion correction feature on android. I could send em over to ios but it`s pia. Can android phones emulate ios atm?

Or better a windows software. Mainly to make pdfs of some books or mags

how do you figure? adaway writes a blacklist directly to your hosts file.

>Also NewPipe will be even better now that news feed sorting will get merged.
holy shit finally github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/pull/2309

UNIX pass BTFO
GPG/Mutt niggers BTFO by extention

It's shit, honestly. Can't even mirror images in its editor. Also buggy in the latest version and most likely never integrated into the camera app you're using (most cam apps have that little thumbnail of the last taken picture)
Total failure.

>Tachiyomi
doesn't update shit for me anymore

>It's shit, honestly. Can't even mirror images in its editor.
works for me
>Also buggy in the latest version
never had any sort of issue with it
>and most likely never integrated into the camera app you're using (most cam apps have that little thumbnail of the last taken picture)
that's generally just showing the newest image in whichever folder your camera saves images to. if your camera app works differently to how you'd like, consider switching to something else
>Total failure.
seems like a user problem honestly. why even come to a technology themed board if you have no grasp of technology?

>over 100MB
>datamines you
Kys

Best shithub client?

Book Reader is underrated.
>dark mode
>reflow for pdf

Wall of text is never right, so fuck off, bloatard

Attached: 1552067722343.jpg (1280x960, 155K)

>over 100MB
Wrong
>datamines you
[citation needed]

Clover
Simple Gallery
KeePass DX
SkyTube
Slide for Reddit
K9 Mail
MuPDF
AdAway