Did I do well, Jow Forums? Looks like new, and the battery holds four hours of charge

Did I do well, Jow Forums? Looks like new, and the battery holds four hours of charge.

>inb4 Apple haters triggered by twenty-year old PowerPC hardware

Attached: ebay.png (939x540, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macrapid.es/es/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seems like a lot of money

ehhh

You did okay, OP. I got a couple of top of the line 14" G4s for half the price a couple years ago, but it seems non-x86 machine prices spiked hard when all the Spectre/Meltdown thing was discovered.
>Apple haters
No, you don't understand. It's a false-flagging apple shill that acts as an Apple hater. Notice how he only shows up in PowerPC threads, which are the only threads about Apple products that have some actual discussion in them. Talking about how Apple hardware went to shit doesn't sell macbooks, so he steps in and does his drill to dilute the discussion.

Not bad, OP. I unironically hope your GPU doesn't fail, though. These machines suffered from the marriage of BGA, and lead free solder.

Make sure you buy a 512 MB memory module for it, though. I don't think you'll be able to do much on 256 MB.

How much should I pay for it, user? I have seen 512 MB sticks for €30 on Amazon.

If you're in Madrid I know of a store which might have the memory for very cheap, they used to specialize in ppc macs and still have some leftover parts.

However much it's worth to you, I guess. I honestly don't know. I have a bunch of the stuff laying around that I use. I haven't bought any in a long time.

I would be very interested in knowing the name of that store. I don't live in Madrid (I live in the Balearic Islands), but maybe they could be selling online now.

macrapid.es/es/
Here you go. Just don't expect them to have any ppc machines, because I've scooped them all up already :^).
They don't sell online, but maybe you can arrange for them to send you the memory module (If they have it)

Nice. Thank you.

wouldnt even give a penny for that shit. If you like used laptops so much, buy a fucking thinkpad.
I mean you cant even browse the internet with these degenerate specs.

>degenerate specs

>muh JS

>G3 powerbook
Aren't those the ones that smell like sweat after a few years?

Yes, but I told the seller to smell it and he says it just smells like normal plastic.

Fucking lefties with their sodomy and 30GB HDDs.

They are, but most of them don't smell like that anymore. The smell usually goes away in 2-3 years.

>and lead free solder.
The only problem with lead-free is that companies pretended like nothing is going to change and then had to retool their Chinese sweatshops at the last minute.
See Microsoft and XBox360.

PPC macs are pretty good, you can play around with MorhpOS on it.

>MorhpOS
Absolutely based

Is it actually decent?

Yeah, the build quality is good, I have this iBook and a G4 mac mini, both very old computers, still work flawlessly. It was a different time back then
You can even dual boot it alongside MacOS, although it takes a little bit of effort to make it work. Obviously it's a novelty, but it's surprisingly usable even today

I was referring more to MorphOS, as opposed to the machines themselves. I have quite a few PPC Mac's that I run Debian, on Tiger on.

MorphOS is inspired by Amiga Workbench so it has some of the aesthetics and UI elements similar to it. It also has native m68k emulator built-in so you can run Amiga binaries. The OS itself is very lightweight, the window manager supports a lot more configurability than mainstream systems, so you can rice it if that's your thing. I recommend just checking it out in qemu if you're curious