Windows 3.1

>windows 3.1
good
>windows 95
bad
>windows 98
good
>windows ME (2000 for professional/server)
bad
>windows xp
good
>windows vista
bad
>windows 7
good
>windows 8
bad
>windows 8.1
good, just install classic shell to fix start
>windows 10
bad
>windows 10 will be the last windows
So Microsoft has basically admitted their operating system has officially gone bad and will forever be bad by not waiting for the next cycle to create their "last windows", right?
before you nitpick the list, its a general pattern and based on general consensus - I had no problems with windows ME and Vista, but XP was slow as shit for me. We all have different experiences, but the majority experience defines the status.
also what is this phenomena called, where something consistently switches between good and bad with each iteration?

Attached: 1478975924413.png (544x544, 533K)

>winME/2000

They're different OSes you zoomer fuckwad.

>Windows ME and 2000 are the same

What a fucking tard

Me was shit but 2k is solid as fuck. I service old ass electron microscopes and 2k, NT 4.0, and xp are good systems.
Also you must never have used 95 or 98 because 98 is a bunch of unstable bullshit on top of the good 95 base
8.1 may not be the pile of dog shit that 10 is but it's definitely not good, it's still got all the settings split between metro and regular windows and there's no aero and everything is stupid flat shit

>>windows 98
>good
You probably weren't even born when we were using this CRAP

>windows 3.1
good

windows 3.11
>better

>windows NT
good

>windows 95
good

>windows 98
same thing, still good

>windows 2000
better

>windows ME
bad

>windows XP
great

>windows vista
horrific beyond measure

>windows 7
greatest

>windows 8
bad

>windows 8.1
still bad

>windows 10
TELEMETRY TELEMETRY TELEMETRY, but okay if you beat it over the head with Windows ADK enough times

Attached: 1455860367154.gif (269x249, 1.94M)

>98 is a bunch of unstable bullshit on top of the good 95 base
My experience was that 2.0 through to 98 was monotonically getting better.
The early versions of Windows were very very buggy indeed.

98 was fine. You were probably just messing with it running all kinds of different games and fucking it over in that manner; more than you did with previous versions. They were all buggy as shit back then.

Too young and poor for 95 but I remember 98 well because it crashed constantly all the fucking time.

>windows ME (2000 for professional/server)
Kill yourself
>Calling Win2k bad
Actually kill yourself

>.dll hell
Yep... they dont make them like that any more
>Sips

Attached: 1491151214960.jpg (1200x1586, 692K)

>Vista
>worse than ME
Zoomer detected

You never used vista did you? I had to repair about 500+ PCs because some asshat decided to install Vista on all the PCs in the office when it came out like a week before they called me in to repair everything. HOLY FUCK.

It was one of the worst jobs I had to do. Even when some lightning strike killed a few 100 PCs all across town and I was assailed with calls from angry gamer rednecks for a month it was not worse than working on fucking 500+ Vista installed PCs.

>zoomer

What is that?

Apologies. I was unaware, i thought that since ME and 2000 were released in the same year that 2000 was just the server counterpart of ME.
I apologize.
P.S. Not a zoomer. I actually helped my dad install ME the day it came out. suprising how little i knew about 2000 - probably regretted my early adoption of ME and tried to block 2000 out of my memory or mind.
If 98 was so bad, why did so many people back in the day string along until at least 2005 trying to keep it running games, refusing to upgrade their systems to other operating systems? I remember using all the driver hacks and cfg files to get games that required newer versions running because I didn't see a point. 98 had a community that wanted to hold on to it as long as they could. 95 had so many hardware cut out issues.
>doesn't know what a zoomer is
>reddit spacing
irony

>Sips
Take your child-like memes back to /b/

>>windows 10
>bad
why? Windows 10 is better than 8, 8.1, and 7

Another quality thread

-----------------------
Nitpicking the list and not getting the point of the thread.
Read below the list, theres a question being asked, fucktards.

windows 95 bad?
first multitasking windows environment.
gtfo.

>helped dad install me.
You are literally the definition of a zoomer. Fuck off.

>8.1 still bad
All you have to do is disable Metro and it's actually a great OS. It's just 7 but with faster boot times.

>Vista is bad
>7 is good
Other than the task bar looking different they're the fucking same. "Vista bad, 7 good" is the easiest way to spot a fucking retard that just repeats what they're told.

This has unironically turned into accidental bait.
I just meant to ask a question about why windows quality switching happens, what it means - and make a joke about how windows will be eternally bad from now on because its in the 'bad' zone - as indicated by everyone hating it and moving to linux.
I didn't mean for this to happen, but you can't get these cunts to calm down lmao.

I used Vista and it was a clusterfuck, particularly before SP1. It's biggest faults were that "Vista-ready" PCs often had way less RAM than Vista actually needed, and that driver support was shit early on.

I also used ME and it was way worse. It shared the driver issue, but because they stupidly changed how drivers work while simultaneously announcing that it would be the last Win9x so hardware makers put minimal effort into making drivers for ME. It also shared all the faults of other Win9x systems, like mapping all kernel memory as read/write into every process at address 0, so that a simple null pointer bug could take down your entire system. It also made programs bugger because programmers are less likely to catch null pointer bugs when they just return bad data or plant a bit of corruption that causes a bluescreen much later, instead of an immediate exception and break into the debugger.

-----------------------
see

>reddit spacing

Huh?

Attached: gyfgy6vuyv.png (449x205, 8K)

>as indicated by everyone hating it and moving to linux.
you're delusional

No one gives a shit about that.

__
/ _| __ _ __ _
| |_ / _ ` |/ _ ` |
| _| (_| | (_| |
|_| \__,_|\__, |
|___/

you need to go back

because you're all retarded and don't know how to finish reading something before you lose your shit
i want twitter zoomers to LEAVE

You are the twitter zoomer.

Windows 2000 was good.
Fuck these 12 year olds making lists on shit they've never used. I hate this site.

>I'm rubber you're glue
>I know you are but what am I
You shouldn't be browsing 4chin while at school
underageb&

Windows 2000 was the best OS ever made.
KYS

>windows 10 is one system
1903 will be 8th major release/upgrade already of the "last" windows.

Windows 2000 was peak Windows, it went downhill from there. WinXP was basically the same underneath but it had the big button babby GUI to make it retard friendly.

>windows 95
>bad
Obvious that you never used it when it was new. It wasn't stable, but it blew 3.1 out of the fucking water. Apps could lock up and not take down the OS. First widespread consumer preemptive multitaking OS.

>I had no problems with windows Vista
dude, explorer.exe hanged up on my rig 3 times in a row right after boot + every 30 min so I to open start menu I had to firstly click couple times on start panel to kill it first...

>op
scream

Attached: Yyy Uuu _ VK.jpg (604x453, 43K)

>doesn't know the pleasures of .dll hell
Never used 98 zoomer detected

You will never know real computering

>Windows 98 good
It was horrible!
>Windows 98 SE
This one was good
>Windows 8.X good
Fuck no

I used Vista SP1 on a Dell laptop with an 850 MHz PIII, 512 MB of RAM, and 12 GB of hard drive space.
After trimming all the fat it genuinely ran faster than the previous installation of XP.
Fight me.

Attached: 1517344079768.png (219x214, 101K)

>op
faggot
>hotel
trivago

>windows 3.1
bad
>windows 95
bad
>windows 98
bad
>windows me
bad
>windows 2000
ok
>windows xp
bad
>windows vista
bad
>windows 7
bad
>windows 10
bad

Just tell the truth, Windows is a clusterfuck.

But the problem is: nothing else is any better. Fuck GNU/Linux, fuck Macs, fuck *BSD, fuck Android, fuck iOS, and fuck any of your edgy garbage like Plan 9.

We need a brand new OS from scratch.

>literally the definition of a zoomer
>People who were 10 at ME release are now nearing 30
Is this the legendary American education system at work or are you personally just this shit at math?

meh
vista was pretty unstable until sp2

>windows 2000
>bad

IN WHAT FUCKING UNIVERSE IS WIN 2K CONSIDERED BAD THAT SHIT IS THE BEST OS MICROSOFT EVER MADE

Vista gets a bad rap mostly for:
uac being aggressive by users who didn't understand its point

Driver incompatibilities pre-SP1

intel pushing out "vista capable" computers

Vista was otherwise based

>your post
bad

>windows 2000
>bad
retard

idk but I think Windows 10 isn’t bad

Windows 8.1 isn't good. It has a lot of bugs that have not and will never be fixed like updates not working and automatic driver install hanging.

>conveniently leave out or group windows versions to fit your narrative

ME and 2000 couldn't be more different, the only similarity is the theme/icons, they look similar on the surface, but that's it
2000: came out in 1999, NT 5.0, successor to NT 4.0, brought NT in-line feature-wise with 9x, adding things like plug and play
ME: came out in 2000, windows 4.9 (not NT-based), successor to 98SE, acted as a stop-gap while they kept working on a consumer-oriented version of NT (neptune > whistler > XP)

>being this retarded
Just stop replying. He already won.

Windows 2000 was the best version, hands down. Followed by XP

>We need a brand new OS from scratch.
>See GNU/Linux.
>See BSD
Don't be an edgy fag user.

where do i get free windows 10?