IPS cons:
>IPS glow
>blb
VA cons:
>VA glow
>insane amount of ghosting
>black smearing
>overall slow as fuck
TN is objectively superior especially for vidya. How does this make you feel?

Attached: 3PvgwRd.jpg (3264x2448, 775K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Who cares about vidya
I like my IPS ultrasharp

Attached: 1555317298235.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

>TN
>Struggles covering anything beyond sRGB

Nigga you are posting cartoons for literal toddlers yet call vidya trash?

>IPS glow
A complete non-issue. Do you think you can actually see it when you're displaying anything other than pure black and are specifically looking for it? Even then I've never seen a monitor as bad as the one in your image.
>TN cons:
You missed "piss-poor colors".

it's superior ONLY for vidya, the other 2 look far better

>implying any of us Jow Forumslowniggas do color sensitive work

One is ips one tn. Damn those stupid piss poor colors.
Also, you notice ips glow all the time in darker scenes

Attached: mOq1YB0.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

I've ran dual monitor setups with mixed IPS and TN before. It's extremely noticeable and looks like shit.
Everything on the TN had a more yellowly tinge and just looked significantly worse.
Maybe if I did proper color correction on both monitors, it would've been less noticeable, but I'm not buying one of those expensive tools.

With IPS glow, it's one of those things you completely tune out extremely quickly. It's just like the bezel between dual monitors. People ask "doesn't the gap between them annoy you?", but you never even think about it. Even when I look for it on literally completely black screens, I'm have to check if what I'm looking at it IPS glow or just some mild glare.

idk if this is autism or pure laziness

gott'm

>IPS cons:
>>IPS glow
>t. bought a cheap IPS panel with non-selective backlighting

>cameras are bad at picking up shit
>not even account for the monitor they are displayed on
Now that's full retard.

Upgraded from 24" TN 1080p to 27" 1440p ips and I'm feeling extremely nauseated, could it be the ips or..?

Yes, it is

why not stop being a liquid crystal cuck and move on to the superior technology.
CRT pros: all of the ones from the different LCDs plus more
CRT cons: they are heavy and s o y b o y s have trouble lifting them

You're moving your eyes too much

Not avalavle ctrS with hdml

Is there a 1440p 144hz IPS panel yet that doesn't cost over a thousand leaf bucks?

Literally the only advantages that CRTs have is better input latency, which is only important for highly-autistic gaymen.
They're complete dog-shit in every other way.

I have a really good 144hz VA panel, my friends 240hz TN panel looks so washed out comparatively, literally no color whatsoever, and it looks decent next to my samsung ips, good calibration from the box too.

I don't get any ghosting or smearing unless I use overdrive, which to this day I still don't know what it does.

VA seems superior so far.

Good, since TN is exactly what I have found in trash and brought home

Attached: WP_000371.jpg (2592x1944, 597K)

>hdml
HDMI is proprietary shit litterally meant to prevent piracy. why would you use this shit? companies also have to pay money to the HDMI kikes to put their ports on shit.

He also missed the part where tn also has crazy glow

VA smearing is a meme outside of really shit panels
Even my entry level VA tv has no noticable smearing

Just bought an IPS monitor 3 days ago and noticed a very small glow on the bottom right corner and I only noticed that because I went full autismo turned off all the sources of light in my room and looked at it from a distance.
When I decided to see if I could take a pic with my camera it showed a massive glow from the opposite corner. Thing is I cannot observe this without a camera.
After that experience I no longer trust these IPS glow images because my camera barely picks up the one I can see and it picks up a massive one I cannot for the life of me see

>muh colors
LOL

Now now children

TN cons:
>shit viewing angles
>shit colours
>TN glow
>blb

why wouldn't you want a nice colour screen?

Samsung TVs use black frame insertion by default. It's awesome but monitors are years behind TVs and are literal dogshit.

>not using superior QLED or OLED

because most of these images are suffering from overexposure

OLED cons:
>none

Wasn't burn-in an issue for a while or is that done now? Also since nobody is fucking making OLED monitors, know of any sub-30" oled tv's?

>burn in

>lasts 2 years or less
>after 6 months of using as a monitor it will have visible burn in

Why is it that my £100 AOC monitor that I got half a decade ago displays colour more accurately and has no backlight bleed, but both the Qnix and the BenQ have came out of the box a piss yellow colour and had unbearable bleed?

Only if you are rich

>vidya

>Can't calibrate displays to match
>Can't even expose the photo without blowing highlights
>Can't even take a photo without crushing the blacks
>Probably doesn't even know what ISO is
>Has a room decorated by his mum in 2003
>manlet mousepad
DURR HURR LOOK DUDES THEY ARE THE SAME
No-one should trust anything you say.

>Maybe if I did proper color correction on both monitors, it would've been less noticeable, but I'm not buying one of those expensive tools.
No, it'd still be night and day. It's not something you can just train your brain to switch off either.

muh thin

I'm currently using a 23" 1080p IPS monitor. I want to buy a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor and mount them side by side but I can't decide to go IPS or VA or TN. I would like to save money, but this is a setup that I'll have for years, so an extra couple hundred is okay. Which would be best?

>i'm a fucking autist who does nothing of any importance, yet i still need 400% color accuracy in my monitor: the thread

Are curved ultrawides a meme? They look pretty comfy

ye dude I need that beyond sRGB to play games LOL
I have 2 60hz IPS panels and 1 144hz TN panel
I read horror stories about how awful the colors are on a TN panel... then I played some games on it. guess what, the colors are fine. all you fearmongering NIGGERS that rant about "muh colors" are stupid autistic elitist neckbeards that won't stop sucking cock. you're probably the same people that won't stop ranting about linux and non-free software

It's not my fault you have objectively shit taste.

>After that experience I no longer trust these IPS glow images because my camera barely picks up the one I can see and it picks up a massive one I cannot for the life of me see
Because every person uses auto exposure and it's shit. Most people can't see this in practice and it isn't just IPS panels that do this.
You tend to notice it more in the dark if your backlight is low and you don't have any sort of bias lighting. In practice most people won't notice IPS glow or any sort of uneven backlighting.

>ITT: Plebs not using a triple TN/IPS/VA monitor set up for maximum cross platform testing

99% of PC shit uses sRGB which all but the most shit panels can fully cover. Of course your shitty display is probably factory setup to massively oversaturate that colorspace so you go MUH COLOURS even though it looks like a complete mess

AdobeRGB is only potentially useful for photo editing and professional printing but actually needs to be carefully configured in software, it's not automatically useful.

DCI-P3 HDR content will be the future and can be configured in Windows, but it's a clusterfuck with PC games and programs. Console and SmartTV HDR JUST WERKZ in contrast.

Also loonix supports none of this because of X11 shitness and Wayland has only just started adding experimental support for non-sRGB colorspace

Attached: f3372822288.jpg (526x358, 32K)

>but both the Qnix and the BenQ have came out of the box a piss yellow colour
That piss yelow colour is how whites are supposed to look when calibrated. Most turbonormies think that white on a monitor is supposed to be "absolute" white or brilliant white like they're buying dulux. Every colour on their display is oversatured in blue/green, it's disgusting.

>no oled
pleb

Where's the plasma TV? Noob.

kurwa ultrawides

>Even then I've never seen a monitor as bad as the one in your image.
I went through 5 fucking IPS monitors from 3 different manufacturers with horrendous BLB that was even worse than the OP, with dead pixels to boot. It was a miracle that the 6th had pretty much none. IPS glow itself isn't a huge deal, but it's still there--still, I'll take the better viewing angles.

it's not my fault you're an autistic elitist

>muh tn, muh ips, muh va, muh yidya
only comparison that makes sense is comparing actual products based on the needs and budget of specific person

>buy TN panel
>lean back on my chair
>can't see shit
Truly superior.

I remember one time I got to my flat drunk as fuck and my roommate told me my new 144Hz monitor had just arrived so I got excited and started playing dying light. Oh, did I puke that night.

I don't agree but it's toxic comments like this that make me keep coming back to 4channel

Sure thing, then why the fuck when you start looking into it, every single gayming VA monitor has ghosting?
Samsung quantum dot has it, msi optix has it. Which non-shittier VA monitor are you using that doesnt have ghosting?

>AOC

Attached: 1541609891320.jpg (923x962, 107K)

muh gaems

>curved text
>curbed videos
>massive black areas because of aspect ratios
>pretty comfy
I still don't understand why monitors after a certain size just have to be curved? Who thought of this shit and concluded it's a good idea?

Wtf are you on about, white is supposed to look white. It's called color accuracy

>commie milkers

>wall of text
>"it totally don't matter, i swear i don't notice anything, bro"

It makes sense for ultrawide because edges of your monitor are further away from your eyes than center if you dont curve.

problematic post

Whatever, but the drawbacks are curved text, videos, black areas and of course the price. Guess I'm not supposed to understand this.

muh dickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I don't care who she really is and what she does, but damn is she exotic and cute. What's AOC (the computer monitor manufacturer) a short for by the way?

Never noticed any glow on my previous Eizo IPS monitor. My current Acer IPS monitor glows like crazy.
I also own a Benq/Zowie XL2740 240hz tn-panel and it's amazing for gaming, but I'd take a 165hz 1440p IPS-panel over it every day of the week. Bad colors and viewing angles are worse than some IPS-glow if you ask me.

>muh vidya
kill yourself faggot, bet you cannot write a single line of useful code

Ignoring retarded CNN-watching reddirt-niggers responses about burn-in (the issue is MASSIVELY over-exaggerated), let's list some real cons:

1. Scam WRGB pixel format. "Let's just replace some subpixels with white lol". Fucking pentile all over again.
2. Black smearing.
3. Shit 20ms+ inputlag.
4. ABL idiotic algorithms, which dim the brightness whenever they feel like it. These algorithms don't give a fuck about the viewer and you cannot disable them completely.
5. 4k 120hz is available, but you cannot use it because retards decided to use meme 2.1 HDMI, which literally no device on the market supports yet, instead of just giving people the option to use a couple of displayports.

Pros:
1. Good blacks.
3. Good view angles.
3. The only implementation of HDR without haloing artifacts.

I'm not even a OLED hater, every modern monitor technology is fucking trash, but you cannot say that OLED has no cons.

>VA glow
No such thing, that's just backlight bleed/clouding, which affects all lcd types.
Good VAs are fast enough now, so there's no reason to choose TN over VA. VA also has by far the best contrasts.
IPS is shit.

Real time simulations (like games) require the highest programming skill.
You cannot make games, while hating them.
Best programmers love games.

Go back to your webshit containment thread.

>t. /V/tArd

>implying non professional software can handle a wide colour gamut
Enjoy your inaccurate oversaturated shit, I guess.

Well I vidya on my Dell Ultrasharp U2913WM, have it overclocked to 80hz, how does that make you feel?

This monitor hit the sweetspot for me personally, I really like the 29" size for ultrawide and 2560x1080 is more than enough. The colors and black contrast is fucking amazing, and running at 80hz there is next to no tearing.

I just dread the day it dies, it'll turn 6 years old this summer and I doubt I'll find anything without compromises on this level for a reasonable price again. I paid around $400-500 back in 2013.

No signs of degrading yet tho, so that's good.

Attached: 210-412051.jpg (1024x768, 39K)

>1. Scam WRGB pixel format.
OLED RGBW ≠ LCD RGBW
LG tried to scam people with LCD, but they actually use 4 subpixel for every pixel in OLED.

Attached: rgbw2.png (1230x725, 688K)

You are an idiot. Not only you speak about one manufacturers implementation of oled as "oled con", despite it provides better picture quality than anything non oled, but you also talk about widely adopted industry standards as "muh meme" or already solved issues as problems.

>one manufacturers implementation
I'm talking about THE manufacture. Outside of phones, everybody uses the same LG matrices. Samsung gave up on OLED, JOLED is nowhere to be seen.
>literally no HDMI 2.1 output device available
>widely adopted industry standards
k, retard.

>I've ran dual monitor setups with mixed IPS and TN before. It's extremely noticeable and looks like shit.
>Everything on the TN had a more yellowly tinge and just looked significantly worse.
This so much. You don't notice it when you use just TN, but when you put them side by side TN looks just terrible.

>tilt screen
>oh shit I can see clearly now

Most AOC monitors use the glorious LG panels. So does Dell btw.

>IPS glow vs inaccurate TN colors

Human eyes are generally more sensitive to luma than chroma. Your eyes are not colorimeters.

Ah, so monitors are supposed to look nothing like real life. Got it.

Both issues are easily noticeable.

I play games for the aesthetic experience, so...

and colors are NOT fine... you can see the vertical gradient formed from shitty viewing angles that makes anything in motion look like trash

>overclocking your monitor
I literally got a 120hz monitor for 100bux off taobao

hdmi IS industry standard, no matter what you idiot think and what inputs different manufacturers use has nothing to do with oled, exactly as muh input lag has nothing to do with oled as everyone with half brain can see different sets from different manufacturers have different input lag even with same panels, exactly as different sets have different abl algorithms or not have issues with blacks at all

>outside of this, outside of that
yes, so there are different implementations, but you are so dumb to think one of them is entire oled tech

tldr you are muh meme primitive who believes that not using outdated ports noone in av is using is somehow "oled con"

>buy tn panel to play muh shmups TATE
>flip screen
>literally unplayable because the angles
>pic related but the monitor is vertical and the keyboard is an arcade stick
Thanks Dell for the cheap ultrasharp monitors though. Works great.

Attached: 1544692238605.png (350x729, 155K)

Nah. Spurious glows are more noticeable than inaccurate colors, especially if you play in the dark. Luma > Chroma

>TN monitor forces you to check your posture
based!

i miss CRT

Attached: 1551994609146.jpg (1000x1000, 88K)

lel. Yeah but why would you look at your monitor from an angle. It does not happen often.

not when that color inaccuracy is on a gradient, brainlet.