Wish I could Fuck C++

Dude I wish I could ram my dick into C++ and fuck it in the same way I would a woman. It is such a fucking beautiful language. It’s like “oh we took C, which was already the greatest language ever created, and then replaced #define macros with Haskell” ... fuck ...

Attached: 309A2FF4-1FAA-45D9-A538-FC15F4EDB26D.jpg (400x400, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/laffernandes/gatl
github.com/wolftype/versor
github.com/jpakkane/tgceec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Based and sepplespilled

>and then replaced #define macros with Haskell
You either don't know C++, Haskell, or both

AHHHHHHH I KNOW
I've gone my entire life without fucking C++ and I'm so sick of all these gcc chads calling me a cppcel!
Probably going to kill myself because I know I'm never going to feel that optimized around my length.

Well at least Java fucks me.

Attached: 58382545_318859198804435_292965388616990720_n.jpg (640x640, 27K)

There is literally a 1 to 1 correspondence between template meta programming and Haskell

Haskell is a slut language.

Attached: avii_tard.jpg (295x275, 28K)

>the same way I would a woman.
So there's no sex going on then?

You have to be brain damaged to like sepples that much.

oof

Op here - pic depicts both relation to C++ and women

Attached: gib.jpg (320x213, 11K)

Should i learn c++ as my first language? As a hobbyist
I know some command line stuff for os's but not much more

Depends on what you want to do
Sepples is a very complicated language

No. never learn sepples. Learn C, python, or go. Even Java and js are better. C++is impossible for the most experienced programmers on this planet to understand, let alone a beginner.

What should I do user

As always, depends on what you are trying to do. If your goal is just to understand computers, Learn C first. It is absolutely a prerequisite for understanding C++ and you will avoid a lot of pain and misery. If your goal is to be able to get working on cool projects as fast as possible learn python

C++ is such a beautiful language. I love that to get the 3rd element of a tuple t you use std::get(t). So pretty

Learning C++ is like reading the necronomicon.

It depends what you're trying to do. I almost always recommend Python as a first language but C++ is an ok first language if you want to do competitive programming or write really fast code. Best to start with C though, because otherwise you will not know what the fuck is going on when some abstraction leaks in your face

Yeah dude The fucking curves in those braces get me going.

don't use tuples.

sepples syntax tickles my autism just the right way

Guess ill start with python
I tried to write a basic neural network from a tutorial but i couldnt think of any datasets

You probably want a struct or something instead of a tuple if you frequently access an arbitrary element and not the other values

learning C++ isn't something you just do
it's a process
even the people who make the standard don't understand C++ completely, template metaprogramming was discovered and not created

I have heard a conspiracy theory from some old school programmers that BJ learned hime some haskel in the 90's and intentionaly made templates turning complete

t. 86 iq

>fuck it in the same way I would a woman
Yeah... no.

I like C++ but some of the stuff done with templates and SFINAE feels like a Rube Goldberg machine build on edge cases

TMP is compile time only. It’s also ugly as hell.

Wouldn't you use std::get() to get the third element? Unless you call the first element the zeroth.

Wow, the tuple haters are out in full force today. Please tell me what the fuck should I use instead when I just want to shove a bunch of unrelated crap into an std::stack to emulate recursion without raping the callstack.

I use Rust btw

>correct people presenting on stage because they can't into haskell
>never gotten laid
How do I become a Haskell slut?

Attached: haskell.jpg (1931x1300, 1012K)

i wrote an automatic network packet writer/reader with tuples and templates and i feel that way too

who is this cutie autist demon? :)

>It is such a fucking beautiful language.
Python has spoiled me. After writing code that reads like the English language, stuff like makes me want to vomit. It's horrendously and unnecessarily fucking ugly

yeye
try to understand the data structures there
github.com/laffernandes/gatl
good luck and come back to me when you can explain the way multivectors are stored in memory.

Every time I've tried I just give up because it's so monstrous. C is just better

C++ makes a lot of stuff in C easier though.

This is a better GA library
github.com/wolftype/versor

>t. /tmp/ccYJ8Y4R.o: In function `std::__cxx11::basic_string* begin(Vector&)':
temp1.cpp:(.text._Z5beginINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEEPT_R6VectorIS6_E[_Z5beginINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEEEPT_R6VectorIS6_E]+0x29): undefined reference to `Vector::operator[](int)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

so beautiful

>cxx11

t. retard

If you stick to modern C++ (11 and later), it is a pretty comfy language. A lot of the hate is based on experience with older versions.

No it's not, versor is okayish at low dimension, you can't go anywhere near 15D without breaking things.

>macros everywhere
Disgusting

Python syntax sucks

JS > C > everything else

t. watashi wa childbrain

Attached: 53E39D3F-1822-45AE-B17C-A94872B9F41F.jpg (1500x1379, 146K)

>C++is impossible for the most experienced programmers on this planet to understand
Is this shit true people???
t. now-terrified semi-retard about to dive into C++

yes, see But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Learning C++ will teach you so much about programming.
>functional programming
>concurrency
>parallelism
>lock based programming
>lockfree programming
>metaprogramming
>how to read legalese and standards documents
>assembly
etc.

Cniles are brainlets who hate the idea that they don't already know everything, so they stay in their confined, simple, outdated little bubble, refusing to admit their own ignorance.
It shouldn't be your first language though.

> just want to shove a bunch of unrelated crap into an std::stack
theres your problem

What makes it so hard to understand though? Syntax (which is based off C, I assume), or libraries, or some of the features you mention?

Absolutely fucking not. Get the fuck away from C++ as a beginner.

We started with it in first year CS college and swallowed everything up to recursion, OOP and templates in 6 months, while having a shit ton of assignments with Data Structures and Algorithms.

It's fucking cancer. However, before anyone starts shitting on me, I admit, I fucking learned a lot.. but if you don't have 24/7 to think about this shit and are really passionate about learning it, while questioning yourself, then just fucking don't.

It will probably take couple of tens of hours to go through fundamentals of C++ (and 90% of Jow Forums thinks they know how to program by watching 5min tutorials on certain concepts).. but it will take you hundreds of hours actually implementing your concepts into something bigger and doing exercises/tasks that will expand your horizon of what you can do in console programs. Then you learn about Data Structures and how to implement algorithms. This will further more take you few tens of hours to learn about fundamentals, but understanding how algorithms work is its on bitch, but when you will be given a task to implement it yourself in a certain way and defend your work, that's where the meat grinder begins.

Enjoy your C++ hobbyist, I'm not trying to scare you, but this is reality. Most people already struggle with loops, arrays, multi dimensional arrays, let alone pointers (the basics are easy to grasp, but implementing them later isn't pretty, especially when you get up to Data structures and Algorithms) and recursion.

Then you'll be meet with OOP, which is just a fucking cluster fuck, because nobody knows what's the proper way to do it, so you'll spend tens of hours thinking about how to approach it and what's the right way for you to do it.

I should also mention some people are born for this and autistic enough to spend 12 hours per day solving this shit and having fun.

Attached: motherfucking-game.jpg (600x580, 67K)

First and foremost, there's about a billion different ways of doing the same thing, largely due to the fact that the committee has an unhealthy obsession with backwards compatibility.

Secondly, the standard library is fucking huge, especially when compared to C (partially because it includes the C standard library). It also includes things like atomic primitives, which are extremely low level concurrency features. So knowing the standard library means knowing extremely low level concurrency and understanding how CPUs deal with shit like speculative execution.

Thirdly, the syntax, C++ has a shitload more context dependent features than C. In other words, the same stuff means different things depending on where you use it (this makes writing a C++ compiler significantly more difficult than C, which was actually designed with making compilation easier in mind because 70s computers a shit)

So please, if you have any self dignity and like to drink a lot and get pussy and see sunlight, go into MBA.

I guess I'm hedonistic enough to like it and it separates men from boys, but programming isn't sun and rainbows, if you don't want to be code monkey. No matter how much some people say it's "easy", they clearly haven't done a lot on their own or just went through basics and think they can suddenly program, but when given a task they shit themselves, because basics and implementing something that is 3 steps above that basic can already be black magic for some.

It takes a lot of autistic logical creativity to be proficient with programming, let alone being good with C++. Again, if you love yourself, go into something where you interact with people and won't spend your days watching sun go up and down through window.

I'm happy I learned how to program and can use it now, but fuck me, the amount of days I spent inside of room watching sun outside from my room and doubting myself while saying "NO" to my friends asking me out on fridays, saturdays and sundays got to me in certain ways.

I'm extrovert, like to talk about various subjects, politics, finance world, philosophy, joke around, etc.. 95% of people that are into Computer Science are complete incels and robots that you can't even have a conversation with, since they have absolutely no opinions outside their feeling of superiority, because they can do only one thing to cope with their inner suffering from bullying or whatever they went through, and that is programming. And when they don't program they smoke weed and play vidya all day and go out to eat. Fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1524717531856.gif (255x231, 112K)

I don't find C++ that extremelly difficult, it's almost like a combination of C and Java.

I think there are too many new features, basically writing C++ is a fulltime job, I almost never have time to learn a new language or something like that.

>I don't find C++ that extremelly difficult, it's almost like a combination of C and Java.
what does this do?
template
struct flag1
{
friend constexpr int adl_flag1(flag1);
};
template
struct flag2
{
friend constexpr int adl_flag2(flag2);
};

template
struct r1
{
template
static constexpr int reader(int, flag1)
{
return L;
}
template
static constexpr int reader(
float, flag1, int R = reader(0, flag1{}))
{
return R;
}
static constexpr int reader(float, flag1)
{
return 0;
}
};

template
constexpr int reader(int, flag2)
{
return H;
}
template
constexpr int reader(
float, flag2, int R = reader(0, flag2{}))
{
return R;
}
constexpr int reader(float, flag2)
{
return 0;
}

template
struct writehi
{
friend constexpr int adl_flag2(flag2)
{
return H;
}
static constexpr int value = H;
};

template
struct writehi
{
static constexpr int value = H;
};

template
struct writer
{
static constexpr int hi_value =
writehi::value;
static constexpr int lo_value =
writelo::value;
static constexpr int value = (H

I appreaciate the breakdown user. Thanks.

Template meta programming is something that I rarely use. It's not really necessary for most software.

if you don't know it you don't know C++
also when metaclasses hit you'll be expected to use it
they'll make boilerplate a thing of the past

I'm 100% sure it keeps your virginity safe.

Attached: 54515098_2141698725885437_1654145480835203072_n.jpg (426x382, 12K)

My knowledge of C++ really isn't perfect, but I was still a professional C++ programmer for over 5 years.
I started learning the things that I don't know well though, as I said if you really want to know everything and always keep up with the newest standards it definitelly takes a lot of time. Writing client software isn't extremelly difficult though.

Back, just finished a neural network that can read hand written numbers
My head hurts now
Its my first program in python

That has nothing to do with C++ but what dataset out of interest?

Mnist = tf.keras.datasets.minst
#28x28 images of handwritten digits 0-9,
10000 images i think

datasets.mnist*

I used TF 2 years ago, imo it becomes a pain once you want to write more complicated models.

Im gonna try writing a program that labels cats and dogs tomorrow (with the help of the internet ofc)
I got a headache now

C++ is C's ugly stepdaughter

>mein-neger.jpg

its not a good way to get into programming imo. I mean u dont program much when ure dealing with ML and shit. U just use premade blocks that solve great part of a problem and u learn how to use them. Better start with something more general.

On the other hand almost anything can work as a way of learning if it keeps you motivated. Most people fail because they quit too quickly.

I based my bachelors degree on neural networks. I didnt do the programming but i made datasets where i colored 30 patients CT scans where i labelled all the organs and the program could detect lymph nodes in new patients
It werked

Whoever wrote this shit needs to get bamboo rammed up their fingernails. I can't stand template metaprogrammers, or C++ people who use std::everything instead of simple constructs.

They're scared of pointers, which is retarded. They'd rather use some template metaprogramming cancer to wrap a reference than pass a pointer that could be nullptr.

Learning C first gives you a great perspective on C++. You get the idea of what it's trying to fix, and you can generally do it fairly well, but you have the wisdom to just use the C side when it makes more sense.

Pointers aren't great. They are not hard to understand, but they do introduce problems. Wrapping them definitelly makes sense. I don't use much template meta programming though, I try to use RAII style often.

that's literally the only way to get compile time state though
how else are you supposed to implement things like compile time hashing algorithms

template metaprogramming is for code generation, and is objectively better than macro metaprogramming, which is just hell

You sound like you just finished some intro to programming course in college and think you know how to program.

>I enjoy programming daily
Oh no..

>I just finished a step by step tutorial on how to run a neural network someone else wrote
fixed that for you

> Dude I wish I could ram my dick into C++ and fuck it in the same way I would a woman. It is such a fucking beautiful language. It’s like “oh we took C, which was already the greatest language ever created, and then replaced #define macros with Haskell” ... fuck ...

Attached: cplusplus.jpg (534x712, 38K)

literally this

jokes on you fat is my fetish

*yields 40GiB of compile errors*

github.com/jpakkane/tgceec

You hate us cuz you ain’t us. Not everyone has what it takes to be a galaxy brain metaprogrammer

if you idiots think you understand C++ then you know even less about C++ then most people who work with it.

who needs c++ when you got qt haskell sluts? whats ur discord bb

My fetish is voring ranch dressing.

Swallowing the entire bottle whole without even tasting it. Then I say "Daddy can I have some more?"

To which my father, being the kind hearted man he is, says yes. We go to the store and I buy another bottle of ranch dressing. Then we go home and watch a movie together while pouring the entire bottle of ranch dressing onto a frozen pizza because mom left us years ago but that is okay because she was kind of a bitch and said that ranch dressing didn't have any place on the breakfast table.

Attached: download (4).jpg (225x225, 6K)

whats the best way to learn C++?
I've read through a few books but I want a way to do actual projects

Attached: tumblr_nux18j5VZp1rf1d2do2_12802.jpg (800x1131, 533K)

I’m reading that book right now, it’s pretty good.

I like you.

You have finished multiple C++ books and you can't program an actual useful software? Or do you just not have any ideas for something useful?

Find a modern book by Bjarne, and download the C++03, C++11, and C++14 standard draft documents for clarification.

if you like this you'll LOVE this site called reddit
go check it out :^)

fuck about writing programs while reading about new shit you haven't fucked with and then fucking with it
use some big libs like Qt that abstract too much, so shit will go wrong and you can learn why
embed and extend a scripting lang like lua
write a renderer

basically just do stuff

is it new? Never heared about it.

That's just GCC being shit

Start by making sure you fully understanding C. Read Denis Ritchie’s book and get to the point where you have a good mental image of what assembly code any given piece of C code translates into. Once you know that, start reading through Bjorn’s book “the C++ programming language”

The source code for OpenCV is a really good reference for what good, well written C++ code looks like (particularly the headers where they define cv::Mat) If you know C++ you should be able to read through it and understand it fairly easily.

>Start by making sure you fully understanding C. Read Denis Ritchie’s book and get to the point where you have a good mental image of what assembly code any given piece of C code translates into.
Which book is this? K&R won’t teach you that.

If someone donated to your patreon would you send them a video of you doing this? Asking for a friend.

The K&R book is good just to make sure you understand all the books and crannies of the C programming language

The knowledge of what C translates to doesn’t come from the book so much as compiling code and looking at the output. The godbolt compiler explorer(godbolt.org) is a really good resource for this.