Why does this exist?

Why does this exist?

Attached: 2019-04-22-image-2.jpg (878x899, 268K)

Because poorfags want to buy shiny new things too.

Superb budget card.
Doubles the performance of a 1030 but for roughly the same price.

But it's literally worse than than cards from 2 years ago at a higher price

Stop lying to me. Newer is ALWAYS better!

For graphics processing.

Nice thread faggot.

Took me like five minutes to figure out what you were getting at smartass.

please be bait

Took me .000000002 seconds to figure out why it exists.

Because it consumes 100W less than roughly comparable ayymd housefire.

*farts*

Attached: file.png (1110x630, 240K)

so 120 - 75 = -100 huh

Sorry, I prefer having working display drivers.

you should buy intel then

reminder

Attached: 2080ti.jpg (1139x785, 135K)

Poorfags and low power builds. You'd surprised by how popular 1050ti is on third world countries.

Fucking poorfags, I want my die shrink on a non-RTX card and I don't want to wait until 2/3rds of the life of Turing to get it.

because of this

Attached: cow.jpg (500x413, 22K)

>$1700

Attached: the more.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

I'd rather have a gpu with good performance and an affordable price, not a piece of shit gpu that costs an arm and a leg

because suckers would buy anything with the nvidya logo on it.

fastest gpu without a 6 pin connector, for those prebuilts.

Also, CUDA.

>millions of laptops are sold every year
>every year kids buy it when they go to college
>they look for cheapest option which can play games
>1050ti runs every game without even taking more than 75w making it king of portable space
>nvidia replaces it with better 1650
>all laptops are replaced with it and Nvidia again makes huge bank
>Low IQ Jow Forums posters continue to seethe

Because people are too naive to see the green jew

Attached: 1493209553445.jpg (697x478, 48K)

your meme is a decade out of date

are you fucking retarded? the 1050 ti cant even play modern games at low settings 60fps, let alone the mobile version
Yes the 1650 is a lot better than the 1050 ti but there is no reason it should cost 150 dollars

Because it is better than the competition.
An NVIDIA card gives you access to G-SYNC and Game Ready Drivers, allowing an optimised experience to your latest titles.

>imagine being this dumb to shill for nvidia

There is already a thread that answers hardware related questions.

And also a thread for stupid questions that don't necessitate a whole thread.

to show that even being slower and way more expensive than a 570 people will still buy it

Don't reply back to me faggot without knowing what card performs like.

does this mean older radeons finally have working display drivers??
oh wait, they don't and you are full of shit

It runs witcher 3 max at over 50fps at all times.

>thread is about a discreet gpu
>rambles on about laptops
Seems like you're the only low IQ one here.

No one cares about low end discrete market you poor fuck.
Laptops and OEMs have real money so this card is targeted at them.

and the 570 runs the witcher 3 at 60fps without dropping for even 1 second
and it has more vram and bandwidth

To put in office machines with a proprietary psu and no pcie power

this

And consumes over 2X the power so making it useless for notebooks if you want to sell it at affordable price.
Reason this board is so fucked is because of you low IQ subhuman shitting up this place.

Yes, they do. Nvidia's drivers are an unstable mess in comparison and have been for years.

>No one cares about [the topic of this thread]

OEM's and laptops. Say what you want about Nvidia, but they're always leading the market in the latest, greatest, and fastest cards. And to this day, I've yet to see a single sub 100w solution from AMD that can give the performance of the GTX 1050Ti. Most people buying these sorts of cards are for literal kids playing non demanding shit like fortnite or PUBG, or college students getting a laptop for college seeking to be able to play the same games while also having a mobile platform for their work.

>opengl

Not him but he is right, companies don't care much about low end cards because their profit per card is at best $20.
Real money is in OEM for low end cards because they sell in bulk(offices) and notebooks so 1050 is perfect.

>meme from before you were even born
>still using it

Onboard shit < MX 250 < 1650 < 1660 < 1660 TI < 2060 < 2070 < 2080 < 2080 TI

yeah this is all on-point. In-addition to these points, a 580 is going to suck a laptop battery dry quicker and generate much more heat than a 1050/1050ti or other xx50 card, which is much more critical in laptops. My girlfriend's HP has a 1050, and when running under max load that sucker gets hot. With a 580 it would be a literal housefire.

Discrete cards in this range only exist to upgrade toasters.

>1050 ti cant even play modern games at low settings 60fps, let alone the mobile version
But it can run 40fps+ at even medium sometimes, it's good enough for the price/power profile.

Suckers

Stop lying. It's good enough for 1080p low and even medium if you want to compromise some FPS. The only game I can remember that runs way under 60fps on low is The Witcher 3, but it's stable around 40-45fps and never drops to 30fps. Even Asscreed Odyssey is running at 60fps just fine and medium at around 40fps.

are you fucking retarded? the mobile and maxq versions of nvidia graphics card are way slower than their desktop counterparts
if the mobile 1650 gets 40 fps in the witcher 3 then that makes it a little better than the desktop 1050 ti
you're the low iq subhuman in this board

no its not, i had a 1050 ti and i fucking hated it, i wish i could have bought an rx 470 or 480 back in the day

>Why does this exist?

Rabbi Jensun needs shekels

>posting it again

No one post in your last thread, bot?

75W AYYMD HOUSEFIRES KILLER

>comparing a $140 card to a $180
Their price were very different, you got a 1050ti because that's what you wanted to pay for, it wasn't just a matter of choosing brands. And yes, the 1050ti is fine, I like mine, it's perfect for me since I mostly play emulators and games from previous generations and only occasionally some modern AAA, since most of them are pretty shitty now. It does it job perfectly no matter the scenario, I never had a game that ran under 40FPS at 1080p, actually I have to max out some modern games like GTA V and RE2 to get to that framerate.

>My girlfriend's HP has a 1050
In other words, her laptop is not a Elitebook.
Shameful.

Real Answer: GPU manufacturers are under contract by Nvidia to produce these cards because they signed an agreement to produce Turing cards. Doesn't matter if it's a 2080ti or a 1650, if it's Turing then they have to make it.

How is it an amd killer if it cant beat it any game?

Unfortunately in most of the world, electricity is expensive for many reasons.
This is why cards like the 1050 ti are so popular.

ah yes because saving half a dollar a month is worth the cost of inferior and more expensive products

is more than half a dollar depending on the country, unfortunately.

I used to pay around 15 usd more each month when I had an amd card.

nvidiots will eat it up

To con the mindshare.

AMD doesn't have NVIDIA Game and Creator Ready Drivers.
You are paying a premium for the NVIDIA software and driver stack.

AMD has worked well for me. Until it started micro crashing every 10 minutes but considering I didn't update the drivers before I assume it's my card failing. Still though the 1650 comes at a lower power draw than the 570 so may as well get novideo unless you're waiting for 7nm like me

6 hours/day * 6 days/week * 4 weeks/month * 50W difference = 7.2 kWh difference

I find it very, very hard to believe that you pay over 2 fucking DOLLARS per kWh.

Attached: 1530763180933.jpg (222x250, 8K)

12 hours/day * 7 days/week * 4.5 weeks/month * 100W difference = 72 kWh difference

seems more reasonable

>4.5 weeks/month
>100W difference
>120W - 75W = 100W
alright I kek'd

Attached: 1528430888098.jpg (413x395, 19K)

I was once completely blown away by the fact that my friend's 4890 was almost as fast as my 6870.
I thought even something like the 5670 should be faster than any 4000 series because the number was bigger

for the pc faggot race

I'm using a 1050 in my build because I like Emulators and obscure CRPG's. (Basically all RPG's) Suits my needs just fine. You all can pay through the nose so you can -watch- your AAA Rockstar/NaughtDog movie.
>I hear that with the all new GTz420 you can see Norman Reedus's pimples in 4K!!!! XD

Based and Sony pilled

I have the same experience as you with my 1050ti. I made a low power build and it works good enough for me. I used to have a fury x and 144hz monitor but I feel like this is much more efficient. My whole build cost as much as the fury x and uses half the power of the card alone. I also use this efficient build for video editing in premiere and its perfectly fine for 1080p.

Because you're a retard.