FACT: MATRIX IS FOR FAGS AND XMPP IS THE ONLY Jow Forums APPROVED INSTANT MESSAGING PROTOCOL

>Why is Matrix for fags?
Because it syncs all your data to every server you connect to and the only good client is Electron-based.

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Unlike most instant messaging protocols, XMPP is defined in an open standard and uses an open systems approach of development and application, by which anyone may implement an XMPP service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations. Because XMPP is an open protocol, implementations can be developed using any software license and many server, client, and library implementations are distributed as free and open-source software.

>What client should I use?
Get Conversations if you are on Android, Gajim or Pidgin on desktop PC.

>How do I join this Jow Forums groupchat?
Here is the link: [email protected]

Attached: 1532181636070.png (220x226, 14K)

Based XMPP, matrix instantly BTFO!

I use IRC btw

Attached: D3gutjcXkAA7jNV.jpg (750x738, 68K)

gross

>WeeChat uptime: 306 days 14:46:38, started on Mon, 25 Jun 2018 22:45:30
thanks bro

Stop shilling u fucking retards with grandpa proto.

Sup Matrix shill

indeed

Too bad that XMPP is a fragmented piece of shit.

You need to enable half a dozen modules on your server to even make it work right and then you need clients of which only a single good one exists - Conversations, which is a phone client.
Currently using Gajim on desktop and that client is a fucking piece of asscancer.

>Too bad that XMPP is a fragmented piece of shit.
just no

Most of the client don't even support multi-endpoint message syncing.
And don't get me started on advanced stuff like OMEMO and HTTP upload.

bump
also here's a clickable link: xmpp:[email protected]?join

Does it natively support E2E without 2 million plugins?
Does it natively support group chats without 2 million plugins?
Does it natively support E2E group chats without 2 million plugins?
Does it have a good maintained multi platform client?
If the answer to one or more of those questions is anything but Yes without any but x into the trash it goes along with you faggot.

Based af!

>Does it natively support E2E without 2 million plugins?
>Does it natively support group chats without 2 million plugins?
>Does it natively support E2E group chats without 2 million plugins?
>Does it have a good maintained multi platform client?
Yes to all

/thread

>Source: My big fat arse
Last time I checked there wasn't a single good multi platform maintained client and neither was there native support for anything I mentioned but it all needed plugins or extensions or whatever it's called and worked like ass at best. So fuck back off to either or your choice.

Attached: 1534086219673.png (386x393, 267K)

>single good multi platform maintained client
gajim
>neither was there native support
conversations
>and worked like ass at best
says you

So we got a client that only works on Linux/Windows and a client that only works on Android. Neither of that is multi platform in $CurrentYear.
>neither was there native support
>conversations
That changes what about XMPP not supporting E2E and E2E group chat natively?
But keep trying, I'm sure some day you will learn to read and formulate an argument instead of interpreting shit the way you want to and posting shit that is in no way related to the discussion at hand.

Attached: 1538744705836.jpg (300x698, 124K)

im glad the corsair logo found a home somewhere

E2E, group chats and group E2E are standard modules.
On the server side, they are rather simple to implement. It's literally just a change to the config.

The hard part is the clients.

>gajim
Gajim is, as I already mentioned further up, complete asscancer. It supports most shit through plugins, but the UI is Gimp levels of fucked up. Its reconnect behavior on standby-using devices is random and retarded, the text box for writing your message is just shit, even with plugins, there's no way to auto-delete the history based on timestamp age, and there's no proper reconnect button, to name a few issues.

Conversations is good and free, but it's Android/iOS (No idea if there's a way to get it for free on iOS) and sometimes a little off-key. For example, it doesn't seem to check device keys on a consistent basis.

On multiple occasions I've had issues with getting Gajim to join my OMEMO sessions because one of the two clients wouldn't even give me the prompt for accepting keys. I'm also getting fucking retarded behavior with offline messages on Gajim, some it displays for months and others it forgets after closing the chat.

>TOX IS THE ONLY Jow Forums APPROVED INSTANT MESSAGING PROTOCOL
ftfy

Tox literally doesn't work.

chat, voice, video, files, all work

alright, how the hell do I make an account for this shit then

It's like email.
You find a good server and make an account there.

Use matrix instead of this XMPP cancer.

F
XMPP is the only messaging protocol doing stuff like metadata and federation right. OP is a slight faggot though, because Matrix has its own use as discord replacement / XMPP for dummies.

retards like you are why literally NO free procotol like matrix OR xmpp will ever gain a significant amount of steam

no, it's because of retards like you who don't have the balls to ditch the apps that abuse them and talk it right for themselfs by blaming all kinds of non-reasons like in your case some random autist on Jow Forums.

you're also wrong btw, matrix is actually getting off now

arguing over which free protocol to use and flinging shit at eachother does not help at all, the goal should be to abscond from shitty proprietary communication services rather than bitch about which free protocol sucks and why you should use this other free protocol instead and blah blah blah it's fucking pointless and doesn't get us anywhere, it's just dumb

oh, you're actually a reasonable person that has a point. sorry for my meme rant reply I've met nothing but spergs here today so I assumed you were one as well.

I don't think users arguing about protocols on Jow Forums are a real problem but you're totally right that this endless battle of autism is the main reason the foss industry doesn't get anywhere. on the other hand, a recent example of almost everyone agreeing on something is the adaptation of systemd, and that immediately went in a concerning direction.

maybe the best way is to just sperg until someone outspergs everyone else to silence by releasing something truly superior

Ahem,yamineko is a faggot. Also, the mods are supremely autistic and ban you just for having an anime profile pic

is it still nothing but drama?
there used to be a very comfy Jow Forums muc 2 years or so ago but it sadly died

>i am Jow Forums
K

I'd say its comfy as long as you don't have a contradicting opinion with the """"staff"""" (that and no anime. Which makes no sense because anime website, and the MUC is literally stylized as "Jow Forums public chat" and anime is a fundamental part of Jow Forums, sooo.....)

>the only good client is Electron-based.

Attached: d29.jpg (326x294, 18K)

oh ok, thanks. that sounds like discord tier drama to be quite desu so I'll skip this round.

Attached: 1494791172368.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>t. faggot