WIN XP Source Code

What happened with this? You know, the google-translate Russkie from a day ago. Was it legit or just another 4chins larpgasm?
Asking for a friend.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/markjandrews/wrk-v1.2/tree/master/base)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You glow in the dark, fag. I'm not gonna answer questions.

LOL, it may be night here but I aint glowing

Install Ubuntu

each part took 17 hours to upload. He uploaded one and then the thread died. Shit that was there looked pretty windows-xp-ish, though.
if you run the numbers, it'll take him 170 days to upload the whole thing.

Attached: mspaint.png (435x369, 24K)

since he left build artifacts in it majority of the archive was just a file named "xref"

I'm pretty sure you're a CIA nigger.

Attached: carmagedon.png (628x800, 881K)

Oh man, imagine if we had all the source and it would be available online at least somewhere at all times.
We could do a open source project that requires you to just find the files for something like an OS or Wine and automatically uses them.
Like emulators, where you need to find the ROM yourself.

Like, you compile your new 100% compatible Windows OS, it asks for the directory of the files, but a lot of new parts with tweaks and mods exist.

wait, was this a real leak?

Looks like it was.

Attached: 1301427365366.jpg (522x622, 60K)

Tyт нe нa чтo cмoтpeть, пpoхoдим, пpoхoдим!

POST LINK

yes, the fella told me yesterday here in russian that he was going to upload it somewhere and i told him i was looking forward to it. i didn't doubt him for a moment. the russians are able to pull of some pretty impressive feats when it comes to leaks.

can't have been that big
mebbe its because they include every single font in the entire world (etc), like they do in word files.

Bump because I couldn’t download it at the time

Link to previous thread:

Spasibo

I doubt Jow Forums can even understand the code

Эээ, бpaтaн, кинь ccылкy, мы шa для aмyдe pyзeнa зaмyтим пoддepжкy, вooбщe зaeбaцa бyдeт

The 5.1.2600 archive is fake, it's just the leaked w2k code with some dates changed.

Pic related, left side is from w2k source, right is from "5.1.2600", exact same filesize, except the year was changed to 2005...
There's also all those weird .eml files which the w2k source code was filled with, very strange coincidence for the XP source to have them too...

Attached: .png (809x696, 33K)

Damn. ありがとう、探偵名無し

Bruh open sores win xp would be pretty cash, I'd love to see microsocks shit bricks as people go to xp updated to modern standards but free and community maintained rather than use 10. I know I sure fuckin would. I bet this would also help on reactos giving them code to study and learn from

The problem is it's still illegal. Which makes it difficult to host and collaborate on. You can't exactly just put it on Github.

>I bet this would also help on reactos giving them code to study and learn from
Nope. They can't look at ANY MS source code, all their work is from binaries.
If anyone on the team looks at it, they get sued.

At least he replaced the icons, lel.

Also whoever made this gem ran a script that replaces all instances of "nt" with "XP"...

Attached: file.png (557x464, 46K)

What a cuXP

>gem
You need to go back.

Where?

LOL, so it was a larp after all

I'm sure if the people wanted it to happen, they would make it happen

I, uh, I don't believe that is true
Especially since how would you ever prove it if they literally just look and take inspiration rather than copy paste

Sadly looks like it, OP wasn't even smart enough to post WRK code instead (which actually does have some XP/2k3 code: github.com/markjandrews/wrk-v1.2/tree/master/base)

I've heard from some trusted people that there is actually some XP code floating around though, afaik that's been hoarded for a couple years already, dunno if we'll ever see that get leaked public any time soon, was kinda hoping the russki OP was finally unhoarding it for us all but guess not ;_;

What about something like the Opera leak? There's a repo with a bunch of patches but no leaked code, you have to find that on your own

he prob had os with the entire toolchain for compilation and shit.