What's the next big tech bubble?

What's the next big tech bubble?

Attached: 2560px-Nasdaq_Composite_dot-com_bubble.svg.png (2560x1434, 69K)

Wait until ML becomes a viable common appliance in software - 3-4 years.

It'll be literally just another dotcom bubble, it's already been forming for years now, just look at all the shitty worthless web apps people keep putting money into and Myspace 2.0 acting like it's going to be around for a long time.

lol, my space was literally who tier during its peak, faceberg is in everyone has one tier during its peak
right now it's being kept alive by literally everyone older than 22

it already is common.

Not to mention they own instagram, whatsapp and facebook messenger. He bought his competitor before they were his competitor and used it to destroy his other competitors.

Facebook is already dying. Users are using it less and less and every month a new story comes out about Facebook doing something shady and that drives even more users away.

Attached: facebook.png (1200x732, 724K)

>Literally everybody older than 22
They have accounts but don't actively use it anymore. Millennials don't use it anymore, gen X doesn't either. Facebook is basically only used actively by actual boomers at this point.

I don't use social media but a lot of coworkers are using Snapchat more than Facebook, my guess is they're going the way of MySpace.

Uber but for police, ambulance and fire trucks

Facebook is essentially Jow Forums now.

There will be no more "bubbles"

Soon there will be a small group of people with god powers, the next bubble popping will be the existence of 99% of the useless population outside the technocracy.

based and redpilled.
Srsy tho, how do we stop this?

smartphones
or iphones, more specifically.

you're joking right? that ship sailed so long ago, before our lifetime.

They have long since reached escape velocity. I am convinced they have kept us around this long for the sole reason of "naturally selecting" the most clever/useful slaves from the population to be their servants/meat puppets when needed, in the coming new age.

the population bubble is about to burst, billions will die

to add to this, i dont necessarily mean you specifically if selected, I mean your genes. I think the masses are simply a gene farm anymore, and they are going to cull everyone once they feel like they have everyone they need.

I think this is why all of the mass migrations happen, and general fuckery. they want to mix genes up and see what outcomes they get on the final stretch before server reset.

to add to this, if you have ever read brave new world (im sure you have, it is mandatory curriculum in most systems), it gives a blueprint for what we see occurring today. elites controlling a small technocracy with slaves genetrically engineered to serve as a cog in their system.

aldous huxley was friends with all the top people, the people in the know. their plans are more longitudinal in scope than we even know.

I'm a ham radio dx'er (no bully) and last night I heard some old geezers discussing how using Facebook is literally the worst thing you can do. I'd consider this a good indicator that Facebook is approaching it's final days.

facebook hasn't been a social networking company for nearly a decade, they branched off into multiple other surveillance/tech conglomerate R&D focus scenarios practically right after the inception.

Tech stocks. Literally all of them.
Credit ratings are falling, "AAA" bonds are failing because they are the same dogshit they were 2008. Many companies are running out of liquid cash and only have money on paper. Getting loans is getting harder by the day and big investors are pulling out.
Mark my words (Tech) Industry wide crash by 2021, probably sooner.

ML is a meme. It has its uses though, but also has many issues.

I wouldn't disagree with this at all. In fact if you take into consideration this , I would be extremely concerned with the possible side-effects this could have for the people using it. People are being baited into exposing themselves as wing-niuts and potential threats to society.

of course. but that is all of the internet now. the internet, like all things, was first good. this is how they attract people, then slowly they corrupt it and turn it into what it was to be all along. google owning all services people use, and people signing away their rights in EULA checkboxes.

But, this is to be expected when most people are useless retards. I have come to accept this, most people are garbage, they deserve everything they get. Too dumb to live free.

t. guy who watched a youtube video on "how ML works"

you are no where near to the bleeding edge, if you were, you would never in a million year say it was a meme. In fact, you would probably not speak at all, I know I wouldn't.. but sometimes I can't help myself I suppose.

Do you seriously think people on here have any clue what the fuck they are talking about beyond spouting the hivemind bullshit without having put in a second of research?

Of course not. But then again I don't even know why I even post here anymore at all, I suppose it is loneliness.

>But then again I don't even know why I even post here anymore at all
Yeah I know what that feels like. I think I just post here to fuck with retards if it's a slow work day and because I have nothing better to do.

Ten years ago people used to post their whole fucking lives on Facebook, nowadays normies might post one thing on their profile every two or three months. It's dead.

and now they post their whole lives on shither, and instaGAN

They do own the alternative (instagram).
Facebook the website might be going the way of the dodo but the company is going nowhere in the near future.

Not to the same extent as prime day Facebook.
Insta is mainly "iNfLuEnCeRs" and Twitter is people sperging about politics. No one shares their life and photos of their kids as they did when Facebook was at it's peak.

i suppose you could say that, maybe it is because they are unknowingly sharing their lives via their baked in spyware in their phones, and the bloated gmail interface laden with surveillance.

Should have said willingly I guess. Of course people still get datamined and harvested out the arse but they don't post their entire life for all to see as they did 10 years ago when Facebook was still fresh.

VR

well i never specifically agreed with you in the first place, i still think people are willingly sharing their entire lives, and even moreso than when facebook was fresh. there are many more platforms and apps out there. back then it was just facebook.

I made the original post and not the subsequent ones, although I agree with the guy who agrees with me in saying there's nothing really comparable nowadays. You have to recall that ten years ago, people would routinely bulk-upload dozens of photos at a time, once or several times a week, of things as mundane as a Friday night pizza party with friends. They wouldn't even bother to sort through the photos so you'd have two or three really similar photos except the first one or two were a bit blurry, shit like that. With Instagram people upload the one highly curated pic they want to represent their #pizzaparty.

No.
t. Automation enginirer

It's a meme with many limitations.

i think the bubble will start popping once intel's shares drop further and they start having to downsize massively. nvidia is another company that is in for a awakening imo, they keep trying to pass on the costs of ML to the gaming market but also don't want their geforce cards to be used in datacenters, they keep being jews regarding driver features/linux support etc. once it comes back to bite them in the ass, i believe it will be as bad as it's turning out for intel

i think also, once the convergence between phones and desktops increases (librem, more focused support on arm for linux -- still lackluster atm -- more electron apps etc), nvidia will be fucked even harder

once all that happens, i think the desktop market will start shifting and many of the companies that are in a comfortable position right now will start declining

theres nothing comparable because nowadays there are a million other things people use, on a million other devices, at a million other times throughout the day, and ways of interaction.

that does not mean there are "less people" willingly sharing their life stories just because facebook is no longer in the limelight.

>once all that happens, i think the desktop market will start shifting

it is shifting now, and it has little to do with hardware.

Attached: TakeMyFreedom.jpg (1245x741, 458K)

desu it has gone a far way down progress lane, but I agree it's not there yet.

Working with medical AI for a top 5 company, its progressed, but a lot more progress is needed for it to be viable for companies. For example most of the big companies are already starting up their AI departments, they're about 5 years behind academia. Sentinel companies like OpenAI, Deepmind etc. are the only companies doing sophisticated stuff, and they're bleeding money like fuck, they can afford it because huge companies are backing them. But companies with their own in-house AI/ML groups are lacking. Also almost everyone in the industry is shit at it. Thus I give it 3-4 years. 2 years for the industry to mature the process and 1-2 years for them to actually use it for something worthwhile.

>They have accounts but don't actively use it anymore.
It is worse than that, they even make shadow accounts for people who have never registered there.

We're in the next big tech bubble. What tech company made in the last 10 years is profitable?

Tech companies start up as tiny start-ups funded by speculative investors that don't turn a profit.
Then they grow into mid-sized venture capital funded up-and-comers that don't turn a profit.
Then they turn into multi-billion dollar publicly-traded companies that don't turn a profit.

It's not sustainable.

>implying the profit isn't intelligence
>implying profit in a fiat based economy is possible
>implying the people at the top don't decide their own shares in everything available, and manipulate the fake stock market based on imaginary numbers

you have a long way to go kiddo, but you're on the right path.

This might be entirely wrong, but is it implying that computation will be done remotely (via cloud) and then sent to the device, so that small devices are not limited in computational power anymore and the bottleneck becomes internet speed?

>TakeMyFreedom
What are you, stupid? Your fucking video-games are literally closed source, you dumb dumb. Eat shit.

Attached: 2090f3f6a08f9eed1d21371c688163934793d19131e39c82a02acf3eceb324f4.jpg (600x600, 52K)

thats exactly what it is, but I was merely saying that hardware limitations are/were not the prime mover in the plan, moreso the need to completely monitor ever living soul on the planet, and turn their personal freedoms into monthly subscriptions.

>your subscription to the computer cloud is out of date, please sign up for a new subscription plan to enjoy your computing benefits again

I'd be more worried about the higher education bubble.

Attached: 1555363225809.jpg (500x650, 54K)

the opposite of whatever is now in the world

i dunno having a wife and kid the same race as you and being nice to each other

Pft. You're not even memeing right, kid. None of this is technology growth, it's social waste on social trivia.

Bubble? More like giant oozing pancake monster.

That's not false growth. It's no growth. Sustained only be a misguided cultural value. That kind of shit doesn't pop, it just festers.

I don't care what some "futurist" or guy scamming VCs with his AI start up says, ML is 90% hype and 10% actually usable stuff

Not a bad idea. Use that for things you wouldn't mind being public and your personal hardware for things you want private (even though there are probably backdoors being used already)

If anything I want the US to lay fiber like we were promised.