Attached: 0_3_5_11.png (1024x747, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/search/?os=linux
spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html
archive.fo/rCT6x
store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/english/
reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/321/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doesnt half the shit on steam work in linux now?

For some definitions of "work"

bump

Attached: dwarffortress.jpg (1238x942, 271K)

all DX9c games work native

Super Tux Kart is pretty good.

Supertux 1.3 is the GOAT.

Attached: steam.png (1740x525, 104K)

What about games with older DX versions?

>openrct2
>openttd
>emulators
>literally all of store.steampowered.com/search/?os=linux
This is a tired argument.

If you game on Windows, you'd probably do well to have a separate laptop/pc or dualboot to work in Linux anyway. Keep church and state separate.

es, because it's just a kernel.

--Good General Time Wasters--
Hedgewars
Neverputt
Neverball
Frogatto
Funguloids
Solar Wolf
Xmoto
Funguloids
SuperTuxKart

Emulate years of amazing games. Problem solved.

ITT: Sour grapes

no issue

>sudo apt install steam

how to play all the games on linux:
1) install linux
2) install qemu and virt-manager
3) install a copy of whatever windows flavor you want in virt-manager
4) boot windows in qemu
5) install the games you want in qemu
6) enjoy life having the games you want to play sandboxed in a windows environment while the rest of your computer runs superior linux

*doing this also allows you to run whatever windows software you want sandboxed. i did this to run word and then started installing games to see if they would work (they did).

>It's impossible to run a different OS on a machine
>I'm stuck with a Linux Distro FOREVER

Attached: AAAAAAA.gif (336x248, 2.95M)

The thread is about Linux gaming, not windows or anything else. Having to swap to another OS because Linux support for games is garbage only proves the point.

Pretty sure all of the valve games work directly on linux without any of the proton stuff

Attached: hard life.gif (500x357, 497K)

Ohnononono

Attached: 2BAEF5B1-74D4-408A-8D15-82E4CD2CDC69.jpg (1242x1738, 260K)

>windows
>flavor

>life is only black and white
>there are no shades of grey
>having the freedom to run multiple OSs is a bad thing
>enlightening people to the fact that they can do computing in linux and gaming in windows, at the same time, is bad... for reasons
this is not a "either this or that" kind of situation. linux empowers you to do both at the same time.

yes.
some flavors of windows come with more cold sores than others (8).

Thanks user, where do you go to download these?

Ubuntu repository, you can also find them in the mint software manager GUI

pacman

I don't even use that spyware steam shit.
Itch + flathub + lutris is all you need in order to play actually fun games

>steam
>spyware
Yeah, Gaben sure needs your personal data, so he can buy more knives.

Shit flavor is still a flavor.

Openspades and Xonotic are the best modern games unironically.

shit doesn't come in flavors

They do, but since Steam Machines died there's no longer an incentive for AAA devs to port their things to Loonix, though for games made in Unreal Engine or >Unity it's super easy to port to Linux so a lot of indie devs still do it for the 3% that use Linux as their main OS. The biggest obstacle for Linux as a vidya platform is that most normies would rather tolerate Windows 10's bullshit than set up Linux on their computers, and most pro-gamers would rather deal with Windows because of the aforementioned lack of new AAA support.

kys steamfanboy
spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html

>that site
What year is this, 1995?
Yikes

Try it and see how wrong you are.

id say even better compared to windows

>non-bloated website are a bad thing
Die fucking steamdrone.

Read that shit and actually think about the examples given. If you're not a retard, you may come away from this with some new found humility.

which version is this?
I could never do the unicode bullshit, forgive me for being a pleb

>requires internet connection
>keeps your personal information
>tries to force you to use a phone number
>records your internet history
>records your habits
gee.... doesn't this sound similar to something?
>Spyware is software that aims to gather information about a person or organization, sometimes without their knowledge, that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, that asserts control over a device without the consumer's knowledge, or it may send such information to another entity with the consumer's consent, through cookies.[1]

Almost all of that is optional and the rest is required to make purchases and to verify age. Those third parties involved? They wouldn't be credit card companies or Paypal, would they? Everything in that article is manipulative bullshit and it's no more honest than the real bastards who data mine.

Xmoto is really fun

>NSA chief of Tailored Access Operations commented regarding Steam as a suitable exploit.
archive.fo/rCT6x

store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/english/
>In addition to Steam client’s usual snooping, steampowered also employs common www.google-analytics.com as well as steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net and steamcommunity-a.akamaihd.net to track users and visitors. In contrast with your usual browser, one cannot prevent this tracking in the client itself (only if it is blocked globally via the hosts file).

reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/321/
>Valve’s Steam phone app has been found to utilize four trackers and at least two sensitive application permissions.

I can go on, but you get the point, Steam is malware and spyware which uses DMR trash, and what bothers me the most it's the recently censoring policy revoking games from its users.

And sadly I use Steam, I bought my games there years ago so I'm forced to keep using it if I don't want to lose my money but I knew this from the beginning I would keep pirating my games or would have used GoG or something like that, who knows when they're coming for my VNs. At least I give them credit for pushing Linux into the gayming market, first with SteamOS and Steam for Loonix and now with Proton, it works like a charm for my vns.

This game is really good. Have they added a second world already? The last time I played it only had one.
>spoilers: I played it on windows.

"natively"

What about the god tier time waster: nethack?

Most the shit on steam works fine for me.

install foobillard.

did i made a funny language?

>1995
Nice try Pale Moon shill, back to your fur forum.