What are your thoughts on this? I just tried Lubuntu and can't believe how fast and snappy it is...

What are your thoughts on this? I just tried Lubuntu and can't believe how fast and snappy it is, while still looking relatively modern out. Why does Jow Forums shill xfce and mate over this?

Attached: lxqt_logo_by_i_sty-d7rmlxd.png (250x200, 8K)

soon you'll find out why

Meaning? It seems pretty stable on my end, coming from Plasma.

Attached: mac-hipster-european-coffee-shop-man.jpg (400x300, 96K)

I preferred LXDE.
Honestly to me no DE is worth using except XFCE if you want performance or KDE if you want shit to look nice.

i like LXQt

i like lxde in theory but when you actually start using it you find it's kind of rough in places
i haven't tried it since it became lxqt, i'm sure it's better since qt is just a better framework than gtk
i just use kde these days mostly

xfce are way more customizable than shit whatever qt.

>I just tried Lubuntu and can't believe how fast and snappy it is, while still looking relatively modern
then use it
>Why does Jow Forums shill xfce and mate over this?
people prefer those in general; doesn't mean lxqt is bad

>Omg I just saved 150mb of ram compared to KDE
>Everything is so fast!

>Why does Jow Forums shill xfce and mate over this?
LXQt is still relatively new. It isn't as fully featured as Xfce, but uses approximately the same amount of RAM.
That being said, I like their focus on modular components (just as with LXDE), the attempt to handle GTK and Qt equally well and their dedication to make it work with any WM.

>i haven't tried it since it became lxqt
They didn't follow through on replacing LXDE with LXQt. LXDE is still going to be developed (albeit at a slower pace).

Makes sense. I used to hear people here saying all the time that XFCE is deprecated, how true is that? I couldn't find anything online and xubuntu seems well supported.

Attached: JPEG_20190303_101350.jpg (1024x904, 125K)

>nearly half a gig after boot
Give it an year or two and it's going to be gnome tier bloat.

Exaggeration, because Xfce still hasn't fully migrated to GTK3.

>GTK3
ew why would they do that? We already have cinnamon and budgie, and they're clunky.

LXQT looks like a hack.

Because newfags don't realize that Xfce wants stability and doesn't push more than one version update every 3 years. Probably the same retards who say Mumble is abandonware because 1.2 hasn't been updated in years despite the 1.3 version getting monthly updates. Xfce 4.12 didn't get any updates apart from a few bug fixes. But that never meant that 4.13 didn't exist. In fact, Mint Xfce shipped with the 4.13 version of their compositor a long time ago because it fixed screen tearing. It's just that Xubuntu LTS only uses the stable versions of Xfce components and since it's the "Xfce flagship" it painted a bad picture about Xfce.

>Qt

Attached: 066.png (454x600, 347K)

Still better than GTK.

It's the best DE but it's still being developed
Once it's done with testing I'll switch to it

That's objectively false.

this is the stock build

Attached: win10lie.jpg (1408x938, 188K)