These are the issues I have with GNU/Linux

These are the issues I have with GNU/Linux

>use manjaro for about a year and a bit
>now for some reason hdds stop mounting properly
>if i unplug a storage medium i have to reboot to be able to mount it again
>baloo_file needs to be killed on boot or it will grow indefinately until the system hangs
>audio on monitor doesnt work, in order for headset to work i need to i need to unplug and replug it
>installed davinci
>wont run for some reason
>tried to install some stuff from octopi but "partial upgrades arent supported" so i cant
>kernel update took 3 hours and didnt fix it
>even will force full composite pipeline and mantually set refresh rate i still get screen tearing
>menu started resizing itself
>foreign languages suck to install
>no easy floating on screen keyboard
>dark theme doesnt work properly because it makes some text unreadable
>several themes split between kde, gnome, etc so ui isnt consistent
>plugins that only work on certain versions of a program, so several file explorers are needed (no agreed upon standards)

Its stuff like this that stops gnu/linux being widely adopted. I tried to fix half this stuff but theres so much work needed its ridiculous. Stuff just simply breaks too easily and theres too much splitting and branching in the community.
I mean that's not to say there hasn't been positive things to the experience, it's just shit like this seems like it should be pretty standard
Has anyone ever had a long lasting experience where nothing broke? Because on every distro I've used something gone wrong

Attached: 1024px-Manjaro-logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 1K)

>These are the issues I have with GNU/Linux
>>use manjaro
There's your problem.

oh dont get me wrong, I could do a similar write up on Debian, Fedora, Mint and Ubuntu.

Then do it.

Out if that list you only have two real distros, don't blame everyone else for your lack of education. I don't have these problems on Debian or fedora.

You know it's that sort of attitude that holds G/L back.

Octopi is fuckin shit. Shiiiiiit!

>plugins that only work on certain versions of a program, so several file explorers are needed
Can you be more specific?

Is it 2010 again?

No, otherwise it would be more obviously user error.

Like says, Manjaro is the problem. Hear me out on this one before you flip out. Manjaro is run by incompetent twits who claim to know better than the people who build Arch. So,they hold back packages and do whatever secretive crap it is they do in the name of stability. This in itself should be the selling point for Manjaro, right? But no, they blow that all away with their haphazardly put together desktop varieties that barely fucking function properly.
You want "stable" Arch? Install Antergos or Anarchy, or use any of the other installers, and use the LTS kernel. But, I'll tell you right now, Arch is just as stable as any other distro, regardless of the memes the mongoloids on this board perpetuate.

These are the problems I have with the Linux operating system

I could feel my face turning red when I read this. I use Octopi on Arch because I hate looking for packages on their web page and Octopi has the added bonus of showing where all of a packages files are installed. I know it's considered a sin, but it's not completely worthless.

They don't do shit in the name of stability, they just hold packages a week by default and then check for bug reports to decide whether or not to push the update or hold it longer. This also literally breaks Packages every time they push updates that expect updates to dependencies that are still held, which is why Manjaro is far buggier than standard Arch.

>They don't do shit in the name of stability
I know they don't, they claim to though, and if it were true, they could sell the distro based solely on that feature alone. Alas, it's only true selling point are the eye candy desktop variations that lure unsuspecting noobs to their demise. I do believe that Manjaro has a base installer, but I wouldn't use it based entirely on principle.

>use manjaro for about a year and a bit
I stopped reading right there.

Oh look it's freetard damage control at full force again. inb4:
>you're too dumb
>the specific distro you are using is shit
>he doesn't use X
>go back to macos
>obscure distro X doesn't have this problem
I love how for some reason it's never Linux' fault. Don't get me wrong I'm a Ganoo+Loonix user myself but you guys are just retarded

Attached: 1549917947101.png (303x279, 18K)

Given all of the variables involved, every one of those points you listed are valid arguments. Granted they may not be correct in every instance, but people tend to form their opinions on experience, and you can't fault them for that. That being said, Linux is extremely fragmented, and need to get it's shit together.

Attached: 1876543.png (302x276, 13K)

we should make a new distro that aims to address these issues

kek'd

kek

Excellent idea! I'll make the logo!

I hate to say it but I think the fragmentation and glitchy nature of Linux comes from it not being proprietary or profit driven in a classical way. I mean how does Canonical even make money with Ubuntu? All run just by donations? Same goes for any other distro besides Redhat.
There is just no "Linux inc." with 2000 people working and testing the system. Testers are usually people using a rolling release. If there is any disagreement, people just leave and fork it further. A great recent example is how the community is being split into more and more bits is the widespread use of systemd.

Attached: Jojosh Gameboy.png (98x96, 15K)

>>use manjaro
stopped reading there
lol

There's also no people at Microsoft testing Windows these days. Its tested by users in the beta program.

Kill yourself you retarded nigger.

Sounds like your beef is really with autistic Desktop Environments, not Linux.
>>now for some reason hdds stop mounting properly
Edit your fstab.
>>baloo_file needs to be killed on boot or it will grow indefinately until the system hangs
Manjaro problem.
>>audio on monitor doesnt work, in order for headset to work i need to i need to unplug and replug it
Change your sound output manually.
>>tried to install some stuff from octopi but "partial upgrades arent supported" so i cant
Using Octopi, kek'd
>>kernel update took 3 hours and didnt fix it
Manjaro problem. Kernel update on Fedora takes three minutes, tops.
>>even will force full composite pipeline and mantually set refresh rate i still get screen tearing
This is your DE, not ''''''Linux''''''. Lemme guess KDE?
>>menu started resizing itself
Again, your DE.
>>no easy floating on screen keyboard
The fuck?
>>dark theme doesnt work properly because it makes some text unreadable
Again your DE. Still sounds like KDE.
>>several themes split between kde, gnome, etc so ui isnt consistent
UI isn't supposed to be consistent, it's supposed to be configurable. Oh, and again...DE, not '''''Linux'''''.
>>plugins that only work on certain versions of a program, so several file explorers are needed (no agreed upon standards)
Good point, but again, you're talking about the DEs. Linux doesn't have a GUI.

Attached: 1506205922281.png (323x282, 34K)

It's because Linux is at it's best on a headless server with no Desktop Environment installed.
Only autists on Jow Forums use it as a fucking desktop computer.

Attached: hi.png (1073x977, 29K)

>because I hate looking for packages on their web page
sudo pacman -Ss [search term]
>I know it's considered a sin
It's your own computer. Do whatever you want.

>uses manjaro
>wonders why shit breaks

>using kde
there's your problem user

Linked libraries was a mistake. It's the root of 95% of all pronlems with gnu/linux. I'll still use it tough since it's a million times better than sucking MS dick or gobbling thousands of apple cock.