What's the best way to download videos from Youtube without fucking around with command prompts?

What's the best way to download videos from Youtube without fucking around with command prompts?

Attached: youtube.png (1200x1200, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui
github.com/akhilkedia/youtube-dl-firefox-addon
invidio.us/
youtubevideolink/
youtube.com/watch?v=B0sOePBwldw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. Visit the page of the video you want to save
2. Right click and select "save page as"
3.???
4. Profit

Attached: image0.png (960x712, 302K)

fuck around with command prompts

github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui

Attached: ydlg_ui.webm (930x615, 97K)

youtube-dl-gui

>right-click
>view page source
>`select everything`
>Ctrl + C
>notepad
>Ctrl + V
>??

broken after changes to youtube

github.com/akhilkedia/youtube-dl-firefox-addon
keep youtube-dl updated

Use clip converter .Unless if you want a file type besides mp4 or mp3 i would use a program like handbrake or something.

Attached: retard'.png (1920x1080, 22K)

>fucking around with command promlts
You literally just type youtube-dl followed by the link to the video and press enter, it’s not black magic

unironically jdownloader2 it's extremely bloated hell machine by has just too much useful parsers you can even download all pictures of instagram thots with it

youtube-dl

>Go to the desired video
>Replace the link YouTube.com/... With ssyoutube/... Adding only two A's before "YouTube"
>Go to the link
>Download from the website

It works if you download the updated binary directly from their site

Pay me $5 per download. I'll send you youtube videos in mail.

>using youtube
>not using an invidio.us/ instance
zoomers

That just leads to the 0.4 version, which is broken, numbnuts.

>broken after changes to youtube
YT constantly changes how things work behind the scenes. If you use youtube-dl or a frontend that uses youtube-dl then you will need to keep the software updated.

I use youtube-dl. And every few months I need to update it because it stops working for me. I don't know how the GUIs work. Are they responsible for downloading and updating ytdl? Or does the user need to update it separately? Whichever software you decide to use cli/gui, you still have to read the instructions and figure out what to do when youtube.com updates their site.

The best way to download YT vids is to use youtube-dl (cli). It will get updated the fastest. But guis are fine if you read the instructions.

I CANT BELIEVE
A GUI FOR YOUTUBE-DL
S E R I O U S L Y
WHICH BOARD IS THIS

Fuck around with batch files instead.

Attached: Untitled.png (572x594, 33K)

How hard is it to type "youtube-dl youtubevideolink/ -f mp4"?

"""fucking around with the command prompt""" involves nothing more than pasting the video URL, which is exactly the same thing you'd do with a GUI, you absolute fucking brainlet

Newpipe on android, 4k video downloader on desktop.

>WHICH BOARD IS THIS
Tech support.

what is broken about the new version?

$ youtube-dl youtube.com/watch?v=B0sOePBwldw
[youtube] B0sOePBwldw: Downloading webpage
[youtube] B0sOePBwldw: Downloading video info webpage
ERROR: B0sOePBwldw: "token" parameter not in video info for unknown reason;

$ ./youtube-dl youtube.com/watch?v=B0sOePBwldw
[youtube] B0sOePBwldw: Downloading webpage
[youtube] B0sOePBwldw: Downloading video info webpage
[download] Destination: Checking Out The Liqid Element LQD 3000 SSD - Faster than the Samsung PM1725a!-B0sOePBwldw.mp4
[download] 100% of 70.90MiB in 00:06

youtube-dlg is broken, not youtube-dl

But youtube-dlg uses youtube-dl. Can't you just build it with an updated youtube-dl?

honestly jdownloader, i used terminal for long time, even created a bat file to download a single, playlist, and a txt file with video links.
But some videos never got downloaded(not taken down) or with bad quality.

Jdownloader can download anything. Had download a playlist with 4000 videos, only 15 didnt downloaded becuz they were taken down.

Attached: 1355952615666.jpg (600x697, 100K)

youtube-dl + ffmpeg + phantomjs or nightmarejs = patrician

>phantomjs or nightmarejs
Can you tell me more about this? I've heard it helps a lot with various sites. How safe is it?

phantomjs is dead since chrome got headless mode

If you put phantomjs in your path it will execute js as a headless browser. Some links can't be downloaded without it.

Attached: 1555947791347.png (1691x232, 41K)

Still works here. I also mentioned nightmarejs which is actively developed. I don't use chrome.

Maybe youtube-dl-gui is broken because you're using a GUI frontend instead of the real thing?
Literally just
youtube-dl
It's not hard at all