Hullo Jow Forums. I have a question

Hullo Jow Forums. I have a question.
My older brother says that when he was in kindergarten, the 1993-1994 school year, everyone in his class still owned and played the NES, and that only a few owned 16-bit consoles. Does that sound right to you all? I was born in 1995, but I thought the NES was firmly in the grave by '93.
Tbf, we did live in the Deep South by that point and he did go to a fairly ghetto school that was mainly for poor kids. Just seems kind of weird since I thought that when he was in kindergarten, 16-bit reigned supreme and even the PS1 was out.

Attached: 1556408888405.jpg (600x835, 94K)

Hey user, interesting story. I'd recommend the retro games board though. Good luck!

Attached: 1534937765607.png (633x454, 459K)

O-oh, okay. Thanks user. :)

Sounds about right. The SNES had only recently be released in 1993, I'm sure the NES was still very popular and common by then, with the SNES still being uncommon and expensive.

>Tbf, we did live in the Deep South by that point and he did go to a fairly ghetto school that was mainly for poor kids.
That's the deal really. You could either get a 16-bit system and a handful of games, or a whole shitload of additional titles for your existing 8-bit.

Your brother is either misremembering or pretending to be older than he really is, very common among Millennials. The NES was the hottest thing in kindergarten if you were born between 1981 and 1985 (MAYBE 1986), not 1988.

>1993
try '91 you stupid fucking zoomer

Can confirm. The SNES was our family's first console and we got it in lat -92 or so, but many of the other kids still had their NES, and it was quite popular for a couple of years after that. Even though I had SMW, it was still the best thing ever to visit someone who had SMB3.

You're very definitely wrong. The NES might not have been the hottest thing in kindergarten by 1994, but it was still very actively in use. Pretty sure I still played NES games at other kids' houses by 1995 or even later and was having a blast with it.

It was released in 1991 in the US. Which means it was still *recently* released in 1993, by 1993 standards of recentness. Remember, this was before the time when you had to get the newest stuff weeks after release. New stuff took much longer to penetrate the market in those days. See also .

Consoles were expensive and not everyone had the current gen console. For example, in 2001 we all had PS1 and only some rich kid had a PS2

I was in rural North Carolina at that time and everyone I knew had either a REALLY ratty old NES or a SNES. I knew some folks who literally lived up a backwoods road in a trailer with 5 dogs, two rabbits, a bird, a yard full of cars and three dirtbikes, and they had an SNES with LTTP, Top Gear, and Stunt Race FX.

>the 1993-1994 school year, everyone in his class still owned and played the NES, and that only a few owned 16-bit consoles. Does that sound right to you all? I was born in 1995, but I thought the NES was firmly in the grave by '93.

Nintendo only released the NES-101 in 1993

Consoles are expensive right now

no it was the gamecube you idiot t. your uncle

I mean the Mega Drive was still the hot device to have for kindergarteners in 2005 if you were in Brazil :^)

Consoles have never been cheaper.

adjusted for inflation the gamecube had the cheapest introductory price ever

i bought i psone when it came out in 2000, soon after the ps2 launched
iirc it cost me NZ$160
getting a ps2 was firmly in "i fucking wish" territory, it was a good NZ$600+
not at all disappointed by the psone though, plenty of top notch games for it

tl;dr but I want to post some Rin

Attached: [PuyaSubs!] Bakuon!! - 02 [720p][D7712B06] (00:11:07.376) 0001.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

You have to remember, that was the first mainstream "generation" transition. People legit thought it was a scam by Nintendo. Local MILF's didn't realize extra colors cost extra $$$

Lie from PC faggot
Truth. I can get up and gayman for $250 without and worries or hassle. You have to pay $500 and work like a filthy mechanic for hours, then troubleshoot shit until you can finally play.

PS2 was the greatest console/platform ever made. Virtually all high-quality AA exclusives. (Which aren't even getting made anymore)
>Fight me

yea, i'll agree with that, got a ps2 in 2004, don't regret either system

this is true, the NES just barely managed to scrape the US out of the idea that home consoles were a fad/waste of time
if not for the NES, consoles might have just disappeared (at least for a while longer than they did)
the idea of upgrading consoles was a new one for most people, parents didn't get it

>*smacks loli in the face*
Leave. Grown ups are talking.

>for $250
uhhh the ps4 pro is 400 bucks dude

Ah damn, I forgot that's the only way to play PS4 games

>tfw born in Russia
I played a Chinese copy of NES in 2005

Attached: Dendy_Junior_with_cart_and_joypads.jpg (1280x889, 146K)

>being this poor

I'll succ u dry for $20

>being this retarded

>My older brother says that when he was in kindergarten, the 1993-1994 school year, everyone in his class still owned and played the NES, and that only a few owned 16-bit consoles. Does that sound right to you all?
Considering people still played SNES in the early 00's, yes. PS2 was the only up to date console I ever got.

SNES was released in Australia in 1992.

>Consoles were expensive
Compared to release price today for consoles they were quite expensive.