Memes idiots fall for

>multiple monitors
>mechanical keyboard
>rising/falling desk
>bitcoin

Attached: 71CbdPy-awL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 173K)

linux on the desktop

Attached: 1555320553215.jpg (225x225, 9K)

things i dont like

Breathing

I really hate this standing desk meme.
Why can't people just take a 5 minute walk/stretch every half hour or so? Muh productivity? Evil boss doesn't let them?

>no monitors
>astral keyboard
>unmovable desk
>cash

Monitor arms, I spent a lot in a Steelcase double arm for my dual 27-inch 1440p Dell Ultrasharp setup and it is the same than using the stands at their max height. It just looks neater, that's all.

i have a standing desk at work but it raises so easy that i change between standing and sitting frequently.

My back was all kinds of fucked up till I started using a standing desk. In terms of quality of life improvement/cost of investment its probably one of the best things I've ever done

good thing i use
>one 4:3 monitor
>dinner table
>plastic keyboard
>EBT

>multiple monitors
>meme
Imagine being so poor you have to cope this hard

>mechanical keyboard
Touching Jow Forums's wound there mate - talk shit about those meme overpriced pieces of garbage and idiots & shills will get agitated

>i have a standing desk at work but it raises so easy that i change between standing and sitting frequently.
So like really slow teabagging?

>Why can't people just take a 5 minute walk/stretch every half hour or so?
Some people apparently enjoy standing while working. I don't understand the, but I don't need to.

Multiple monitors isn't a meme, it's a necessity. I have three, and I use all of them all day.

>talk shit about those meme overpriced pieces of garbage and idiots & shills will get agitated
Never really understood those. Most people who get them do not become more productive or better at the intended tasks. It's shinier and flashy though.
>t. sejin keyboard found at goodwill for $2.73
>it's actually quiet and doesn't bother people
>fits in extremely limited desk space
>still comes in 1980's beige
life is good

essentially yes i do squats all day at work

>leg day and working at the same time
>seeing gainz on productivity and body at the same time
based

Attached: 1544605001155.png (315x396, 121K)

>necessity
I don't think you know what that word means.

>only 2
I have like 5 all on montior arms. I aim to get 8 then strap them all on my back and go jogging so I save on a load bearing vest and also doc octopus cosplays

16gb of ram and memepads.

kek'd audibly

I have three monitors, one which I use vertically exclusively for my terminal. Great especially when Im tailing logs.

I also have ADHD so I love how I can constantly go look at another screen if I get bored. Having an IDE in one monitor and using another monitor for docs/reference code is wonderful.

Adjustable platforms kinda get in thr way but its nice if your whole desk is height adjustable.

yall dumb

I have four monitors mounted on an automatic standing/sitting desk, I use a mechanical keyboard , my computer runs xen with Linux as the host (dom0) , I also own Bitcoin and ran a mining operation back in 2014. I own a software company and I also have sex. Wanna fight about it?

Oh yeah, by the way back in the earlier Bitcoin days I had a 6-monitor setup with a second pc and a laptop (so 8 monitors, 3 keyboards/mice total). Back then, my main desktop was standing and the second pc was a sitting desk. I've met day traders that did just as much or more. These days I prefer to have fewer larger monitors with tiling windows though.

Anyway, op is a fag that probably writes 1337 hacker javascripts on his macshit

Attached: 14-monitor-stock-trading-computer.jpg (800x600, 76K)

I think better standing up, I get tired and lose focus sitting down. For me, it's literally that simple. I can think more clearly while standing. The supposed health benefits might be cool too, but I'm not banking of that, I go to the gym for exercise, I don't expect sitting to matter as long as I'm active outside of work.

>Haskell
>Rust
>Buying brand new Thinkpads
>Electrostatic Headphones
>Keycaps in non-Latin scripts for aesthetic purposes
>Dream job involves moving to Scandinavia, the Bay Area, or Tokyo
>Using a 40 year old text editor instead of a modern IDE with multithreading

I use lisp on a self-built computer with a big guitar amp for a speaker, my keyboard has no text on the keys because that isn't aesthetic , my dream job is shit posting on Jow Forums, and neovim has multithreading

Attached: 1554952665459.jpg (1024x768, 161K)

>multiple monitors
>meme
>meme
Imagine being so poor you can't afford a good single monitor to take the place of all the shitty 24" 1080p screens you pulled out of the dumpster.

Attached: 624883-50ps3000c.jpg (400x286, 18K)

Bc they want varicose veins

Why would I waste my time just walking around in circles doing nothing like an idiot for 5 minutes when I can stand and keep doing what I actually want/need to be doing for 15 minutes?

>>multiple monitors
>>mechanical keyboard
Mechanical keyboards are a piece of autism that I happen to enjoy but having multiple displays is actually, like, the greatest goddamn thing. Your post is shit.

Attached: 1533629420282.png (286x335, 145K)

Just get a big screen you retard.

Drink bleach, shit stain.

>bitcoin
>meme
Found the goy who doesnt know how investment works

Since december, nobody makes money with bitcoin

If you already owned the hardware and the solar panels.

>multiple monitors
>meme
make your bait a little less obvious

Says the dumbass who fell for shitty meme

Why get a single big screen and not multiple big screens.

How many can you realistically use given a responsive alt+tab switching. Personally, a single 32" with at least 100 dpi is about my limit. Certainly diminishing returns after that.

>guy at work fucks up his leg
>needs a standing desk
>raves about it to management
>management falls for the standing desk meme, hard
>they bin everyones normal desk for a fully blown adjustable standing desk with all the bells and whistles
>it has less desk space than the old desks
>dont even have drawers
>everyone hates it
>the guy who raved about standing desks ends up leaving the company a month later
>my fucking face when
Nigga was playing top grade corporate sabotage.
Absolute beautiful bastard. One can only aspire to pull off shit like this.

Attached: 1531703240311.png (1200x1200, 2.2M)

>alt tab switching
If you're not using a tiling WM with good keybinds and focus follows mouse at that scale you're missing out, fampai. Even at 2x1080p it's super comfy.

Multiple monitors is good to have.
I have 2 monitors at work. 1st monitor display live network so I can mitigate any attacks. Second is for work.

It's actually good if your want to have a discussion with a colleague.
ButI guess the this is not a valid argument because everyone here is a complete autist.

>sitting down stops you from speaking to other people
might want to get that checked out by a doctor user

>the tiling WM meme.
Yeah let me know when normal websites rebuild themselves properly around your tile sizes.
>1080p in the year of our lord 2019
literally can't even view a single-page PDF in reasonable dpi without scrolling up/down.

If a website relies on a fixed screen resolution it is a nigger site by and for niggers. The last time that was an issue was when 1024x600 netbooks broke the assumption that all PCs were at least 1024x768.

Square tiles fit websites better than 16:9 fullscreen
With widescreen youre just left emprty/adspace on the left and right

you'll never know how amazing two monitors is until you try it. Three or more however is a meme, I cant move my neck that fast across three screens.

what's wrong with multiple monitors ?.i bought a 4k and kept my old 1080 and its quite comfy so far. i can have fullscreen stuff running on my main while having something else on my second.
i'd prefer one of those ultrawides that you can configure as 2 displays on one screen but they're too expensive for what they are.

My desk is in the corner, so pulling an extra chair(s) is a long process.

Man stood for most of the time while they were awake throughout history, it is our "natural" state. What's not to understand exactly?

I'd like to have three monitors sometimes because one and a half are taken up just by the modeling window and attribute windows/parts trees, leaving almost no space on two monitors for reference material.

>SSDs
>Gaymen anything
>Air cooling

good goyim, keep working nonstop until you die

>gaming laptops
>apple
>using non-browser based email clients in 20 fucking 19

>>multiple monitors
>>mechanical keyboard
>>rising/falling desk
>>bitcoin

Attached: bait.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

>>multiple monitors
Try it. You won't be able to go back to just one monitor. It is wonderful for any type of work to have a second monitor.
>>mechanical keyboard
Just preference. I really like the clicky sounds and the tactile response I get from typing.
>>rising/falling desk
Studies clearly show that standing desks are better for general health, as back pain leads to bad posture
>>bitcoin
Got us there. It is a meme.

Every single one of these is good stuff. Even the least good which is mechanical keyboards has benefits when it comes to typing.

Breaking your concentration every half an hour every day is a good way to decrease productivity.

>Yeah let me know when normal websites rebuild themselves properly around your tile sizes.
I usually have the browser full screen on one virtual desktop and only tile shit like terminals, file managers, and virtual machines, but having a browser or pdf viewer next to a terminal works pretty well on my 27" 4K screen at 150% scaling.

>multiple bitcoins
>mechanical monitors
>rising/falling keyboard
>desk

Attached: 1556460380460s.jpg (250x187, 5K)

4k is a little different than user with his 1080p. i run 2560x1600 and I have to resize probably 10% of websites from 50% to wider than 50% in order to see the main elements.

wouldn't want that to happen, shareholders' profits are more important than wagie's health, right goy?

Gaming headset. Most stereo headsets with dolby atmos are better for surround experience.
Wireless charging. Inefficient and not very wireless. Gimmic.
Premium. Buy real luxury.
RGB cheap leds to ramp up price.
"Pro" more like dead after 2 years.
90hz phone screen.
Over 400 ppi phone screens. Very little content for over 1080p screens.
Apple.
New cheap phones. Buy used.
Overeating. Binge eating. Not under 10% bmi.
Bottled water. Just bottle your tap water.
Peer pressure. Stop caring and ignore it.
Wireless everything with batteries.
Supplements. No effect just lose weight fasting and get results.
Sugar. Is addictive.
Cult of personality/brand.
Seeing black and white. Brush of with labels.
Buying garbage that you dont use.
Fashion.
Paintings.
Collectables.
Loans. You probably dont need that thing.
Physical magazines.

based schizo

Attached: 1520177486805.jpg (774x809, 117K)

>using webmail

I've got a 2560x1080 monitor and all the sites I have width issues with seem to assume a minimum of 1280px, hiding the browser sidebar fixes the site with the window at 50% width

What's wrong with with rising desks? I mean, I do small breaks and stretches frequently, but I also get a back pain when sitting for too long. Our bodies are not built for sitting in the same position all day, user.

what if you are working for your self?
and mech keyboards totally are not a meme. I type fast, and I have really long fingers, my joints hurt on bad keyboards with small key travel, love my Topre switches.

>>mechanical keyboard
Essentially all keyboards from before the mid 90s were mechanical. Membrane only became more prevalent because manufacturers of cheap IBM clones could cut corners there.

I read lots of papers and it's somehow easier standing up

>mechanical keyboards are meme
what a stinking faggot op is.

>mechanical monitors
>rising keyboards
You read it here first.

>1080p in the year of our lord 2019
What's the problem?
>literally can't even view a single-page PDF in reasonable dpi without scrolling up/down.
And you never scroll up or down even with higher res monitors? This is a ridiculous argument, since everything above 1080p is useless for anything other than seeing a higher number. And you also have to fiddle with scaling, so I'm not sure how that helps your scrolling "issue".

you are lost mate.
what about 1440p height? no need for scaling, works perfectly, and lets you see more of vertical space. Its not about scrolling, but about keeping focus on actually reading stuff rather than moving text up and down all the time

How am I lost? Where's all the 1440p content you're watching? That's what I'm not getting.

In an office, they are annoying as fuck. I have two colleagues that swear to them, and all I hear all day is CLICKETY CLACKETY CLICKETY CLACKETY which is annoying as fuck.

yeah you truly are lost
there is plenty of 1440p content in terms of video, but who cares about that, we were talking about reading a fucking PDF, 1440p just gives you extra vertical space

sounds like you should worry more about your job instead of what keyboards people use.

since monitors are all widescreen now, I flip them to be vertical, it ends up being much better for work.

I fell for the mechanical keyboard meme. I'm replacing the expensive PBT cherry red keyboard I have at work with a Logitech K120 today.

Attached: 81oObv5qw8L._SX679_.jpg (679x302, 30K)

>SSD's
gtfo

Three monitors are useful. I use that set up at work: one for our work chat, one for development and another for web browsing.

4:3 screens are better for vertical usage, too bad nobody makes them anymore.

Eizo makes like 2 models that are 4:3.

>bitcoin
enjoy your filthy cash you casual

Multi monitors is great, suck my dick.

>Eizo screens
I'd rather buy a car, or a house with a pool.

This but unironically.
Except buy a filter for your tap water.

Other people being annoyed is not my problem, stay mad.