What does Jow Forums think about Mint users? Asking for a friend of course

What does Jow Forums think about Mint users? Asking for a friend of course.

Attached: 654315796433.jpg (474x266, 15K)

what does op think about this *unzips dick*

(i bet he likes it)

that looks veiny user lemme grab my socks uWu

Its a nice, simple desktop. Great for new users coming from windows.

*unRars dick*

They're chads who don't care to spend days ricing their arch or gentoo install. Not to mention you can still use Cinnamon and XCFE without using the mouse >90% of the time.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I don't really care what you use if you are happy with it.

Jow Forums's opinion doesn't matter. Jow Forums ain' t real life.

jacob

I think it's absolutely fantastic. Its half way between windows and mac, perfect for usability and everything that linux has to offer at the cutting edge of desktop software. I honestly think it's better than any other OS open source or not.

Is the only "just werkz" distro that actually just worked OoB in my PC.
I'm a bit worried about them changing their logo, though. I hope they don't push some extremely minimalist shit that looks nothing like the original.

has no purpose to exist, developers should maintain that DE for debian instead. Wasted resources to have a name.

Or maybe debian should stop going full freetard.

>full freetard
>has firmware live isos
>has spotify, nvidia and steam un repos

mint is based and redpilled

debian is gay

Dropped KDE.
In the trash it goes.

Attached: 1506205922281.png (323x282, 34K)

Whats the point when KDE Neon and Kubuntu exists?

I installed gnu/linux mint half a year ago then I installed arch on my laptop, I am happy with both of them but I would recommend mint to pretty much everyone who just wants their shit to work. My laptop was literally ruined by windows and installing arch made it 5x faster

they got hacked and the downloads compromised. shit security. just download manjaro

manjaro is as secure retard

>website hacked,forums hacked and downloads compromised
"i-its still just as secure1!1!!"
ok retard

I think Linux Mint and Manjaro are the best distros. I'm using Manjaro with cinnamon de

Attached: 41a9374ecead32f855110af9cee7ee741f109c76684472c56074d15ad268db37.jpg (1024x1024, 154K)

Why do you have a zipper on your dick?

That is like saying the pentagon is not secure if someone managed to spray paint their walls. Nothing wrong with the OS.

This

You can always tell a Manjaro user; but the odds are he'll tell you first.

Ooh, painful.

It was the hot meme a few years ago. Now that Linux gayming is actually becoming something of a thing, and it tends to benefit from having the most recent drivers/kernel/other bullshit, it's kind of fallen out of vogue as the normie go-to distro, along with Ubuntu (with uses the disgusting foot DE nowadays). Plus, the whole appeal of Cinnamon was that it offers a Windows-like environment, but KDE arguably does that better and has actually become usable as of the past couple years.

What does it have that Ubuntu doesn't?

Out of the box? Quite a few things. Nothing you can't get using Ubuntu, mind you, but yeah, it's a solid enough choice for giving Windows users a familiar experience.

I still can't find a better DE than Cinnamon. KDE and Qt just isn't my thing.

Simple, easy to use, good intro distro. Nothing to write home about, but no qualms either.

Attached: 1551125448275.png (210x260, 15K)

As a Mint user I can confirm.

Does it still have the same retarded installer? Either way LMDE exists.

Such as?

It's nice works oob, was my first distro so probably think they are new to gnu/Linux or just don't care that much about customising or fixing

Here's an edited quote:
>Ubuntu just always had a worse desktop experience.
>GNOME (standard) version stutters and lags, it's unusable. Compared to Mint Cinnamon which works fine.
>MATE version had a bunch of bugs. It had screen tearing, would have visual glitches when resizing windows and would have a full system freeze if you try to open the download folder through Firefox. Mint MATE had none of these issues.
>Xubuntu only recently got xfwm 4.13 to try and fix screen tearing (not even enabled by default) while Mint had it fixed for a long time now. Xubuntu also has worse defaults than Mint Xfce, such as non-standard panel configuration and the super key not doing anything instead of opening the app menu.
>The Mint team specifically prepares their distro for desktop users and wants it to be 100% ready to use out of the box.

A bit older quote:
>Linux Mint is far superior to Ubuntu. Compare Mint Xfce to Xubuntu. Mint has significantly better defaults. A working compositor in the LTS version, timeshift, compositor switcher, Qt compatibility, better theming, superkey to open app menu, better update manager, a kernel switcher (even though it's worse than ukuu).

And yes, I'm autistic enough to save some posts. Can confirm the Xfce related differences. Xubuntu is just shit if you want something that works ootb. They didn't even ship with full LibreOffice until a month ago when they added the presentation thing.