Why so much hate?

Why so much hate?

Attached: Xue.jpg (200x200, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

xfce4 is amazing

There's not. You're just making one of these for every DE because you're a stupid cunt.

XFCE is the white man's DE

I'm using xubuntu and it seems fine, but then again I'm new to linux and only have a 10 year old mac computer to try it on.

>hate
wouldn't say it's hate but to a lot of people it's nothing more than a ricer de

personally don't use it but don't really have a problem with it

If I had to use a DE it would be this one

Nobody wants to use a DE that has a fucking rat logo.

It didn't get any hate a year+ ago. It does now because Plasma now uses the same amount of resources that XFCE does, while providing 4x more functionality.
This isn't necessarily xfce's "fault", but they have definitely stopped progressing performance wise.

Attached: 90f.png (326x643, 225K)

>2019
>caring about logo
Whatever you say footfag

Windows kiddies found out KDE looks like Windows so they're using linux now and shilling like a bunch of faggots.

>hate
it's THE comfiest DE

Attached: 1540572148187.png (408x368, 96K)

This

>install xfce and i3
>disable xfwm, panels and desktop
>use i3 instead
>enjoy all the benefits of a DE and a tiling window manager

this is the ultimate linux experience

*huff huff*
DESPITE BEING USED BY 13% OF GNU/LINUX'S USERBASE
*huff puff*
KDE COMMITS *wheeze* 50% OF THE GLITCHES

Attached: 1544509203674.png (1024x768, 172K)

based

>xubuntu
It's a good choice.

KDE has superior logo.
I think Jow Forums can make better logo. Better logo automatically makes DE

it's literally one of the most shilled DE here

>because Plasma now uses the same amount of resources that XFCE does,
wut?source?

Attached: Di Gi Charat - 14-00:00:53.086.png (720x480, 391K)

>xfwm4: Sync to VBLANK using Present or GLX
Is it a gamechanger? It's on 4.13 dev branch but I think Xubuntu and other distros might have backported these fixes if they're on 4.12 stable

btw, this year:
wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap

Yeah I was taking specific considerations for the fact that this was an old computer. I don't know once I can build a new real gaming and etc machine (money), if I'm going to stay or maybe first try one of the more demanding things since I'll have hardware for it.

From all the DEs I've used on Linux, XFCE is the one that gave me least amount of problems. So if I had to use Linux again, I would use XFCE.

Attached: 1556503832268.jpg (601x601, 108K)

It's transtioning into GTK3

Xubuntu's been using 4.13 since 18.10.

Attached: file.png (361x20, 1K)

Welcome to the future,XFCE.

I want to copy another sec distros xfce (kali xfce) to parrot os because I like parrot a bit more. Might try blackarch.

But parrot doesnt support xfce, but it has a lot of the same tools. How can i import kali xfce to parrot os?

Just in time for the release of GTK4

xfce doesn't get any real hate besides people claiming it's dead. you should really make a thread about lxqt because that doesn't deserve the shit it gets. it's a nice lightweight qt desktop this isn't fucking massive

Screen tearing

SAMEFAG

Just bad

Attached: ACF0FAC1-A3AF-4C8D-BFB9-6C53552C35A7.jpg (550x412, 47K)

>install default Ubuntu DE
>still looks like orange vomit
>install Xububtu
>looks great out of the box
How do they keep getting away with it?

but rats are hot

Attached: ink_eyes__servant_of_oni_from_magic_the_gathering_by_quasardesign90-d9pbhhm.jpg (1024x757, 130K)

K.

Amen /thread

I like XFCE, but it has some issues that really bug the piss out of me.

Screentearing out of the box, GTK based, 1px window borders, terrible multi-monitor support, the default image viewer spergs out and breaks if you view too many images at once, Thunar doesn't support per-folder configuration/has a terrible copy & overwrite dialog/wasn't very stable in my experience, and some other things. At a certain point, it just becomes more sensible to use Openbox if you need a simple, lightweight desktop. Or, KDE as said (if you want a lot more functionality). XFCE pretty much has dead development these days, too.

Ouch!

Attached: 1549295506844.jpg (1200x1200, 142K)

Look, I hated it for a while because it marketed itself as a lighter GNOME when it was literally more RAM hungry than GNOME but now it keeps the old feel active and I like it.
BUT:... I can't unsee the jew snake

Attached: gigantic jew snake.png (285x285, 10K)

You've got mental problems.

Not really, I might be a little on the ass burger spectrum but nothing major

xfce>>>>>the rest

My machine doesn't have this problem :)

What's the best distro for xfce?

any. distro doesn't matter on any ui

TempleOS

Lol. I don't get why they hate you. You can be pretty amusing.

they just jelly, and cannot themselves support a name so they're even jellier

Don't even try to "werks on my machine" this, it's been a well known and widespread problem for ages, and step #1 of the majority of XFCE installs has been to either install compton or use some driver-level fix like TearFree or ForceFullCompositionPipeline.

Good choice for your hardware but better DEs exist

I just enabled Freesync.

Attached: 1526189952443.png (634x357, 333K)

A FUCKING MOUSE

That doesn't change the fact that XFCE screentears by default OOTB, something no other DE (to my knowledge) does. That's not to say the fix isn't simple, as it was in your case, but it's there.

>A fucking foot
>A fucking K
>A fucking spastic bird

>something no other DE (to my knowledge) does
>what is lxde

That's maybe the one edge case, and I'm fairly certain LXDE doesn't even see active development anymore.

a cute mouse

It's okay, 4.14 will fix it and then it will be the best DE.

Well, Gnome has a cute foot too, yet nobody cares.

>>A fucking K
A FUCKING SCALIE

>It's okay, 4.14 will fix it and then it will be the best DE.
Coming in the year 2023! :^)

It comes out next month

I know, I was just wanted to be a bully.

This is not 1995, get the fuck out of here with that outdated Windows CE looking DE.

ok but where's the volume control

looks too outdated not in a good way imo.

start menu is primitive feeling to me even though its just like windows xp. maybe if they updated the gui. it's not horrible.

PulseAudio plugin

>install compton
Don't be a fucking retard. You should never install this garbage. Mint Xfce has fixed tearing over a year ago. It's fixed in 4.13 and will be fixed in 4.14.

Looks can be changed with themes. ChaletOS and ZorinOS Lite look "modern" with Xfce.

Attached: 1525337974570.png (648x554, 22K)