You don't need antivirus, just common sense

>you don't need antivirus, just common sense
>you don't need vaccinations, just herd immunity
These are exactly the same thing. Change my mind.

Attached: 1528583798968.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphic_code
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

change your own mind retard

Fpbp

I use AV and am not vaccinated. Fight me.

Attached: 1546202151923.png (555x555, 259K)

That's a bad comparison. A 30% effective HPV vaccine that causes a decrease in IQ and physical strength is a more accurate analogy.

You can't choose who you meet in public or run around in a hazmat suit with a pressurized air canister. You can do the equivalent on a computer by being careful about what you download, checking hashes and running shit in sandboxes and disabling scripts in browser.

they are not the same thing and you would have to be an absolute moron to believe they are.
for one thing vaccination works.
antivirus is just a scam based on fear mongering.

Attached: 87w74jvlvhh21.jpg (747x647, 63K)

You can't fix stupid now back to you go

Brittany Venti

OH? So now vaccines decrease my IQ? Good to know

based
cringe

>Relying on anti-virus instead of having a package manager, instead using an Potentially Malicious Installer
>Not using firejail or any sandboxing solution or heavy SElinux/APParmor rules(firejail rules are easier to setup than apparmor and selinux desu) to seperate your .bashrc, on windows %profile% rootfs etc. from the application
Using anti-virus is more like using a small band aid to a flood, the flaw is inherently in the access to the filesystem even without getting over to root/administrator access you can do some substantial damage to the system.
Android almost does it right, but then they fucked it up hard, no app can be PROVISIONED by user to access other apps data, so you end up giving root access just to access /data partition to do backups, it is like of course I would want this application to do whathever the fuck it wants, instead of "hey you can access this as read only and make a backup".

go back

Well maybe you just have naturally low IQ if you could not comprehend what he said.

Its the same as perventing getting STDs by not fucking filthy women.
It's reasonable.

Vaccinations are the best medical technology can currently do against a given disease. Antivirus is a ugly hack to cover for deficiencies of a poorly-designed OS.

Thanks.

Dios mio

>you don't need antivirus, just common sense
>use common sense and say no to thots, a condom doesn't help
This would be the equivalent.

Attached: 1392207586877.jpg (900x636, 144K)

>you don't need antivirus, just Linux

I’m sorry you’re retarded

>implying there are no Linux viruses

It is a common sign of a low intellect to draw analogies that make no sense between things that are only similar in a figurative, almost childlike way.

Had a clan leader who looked just like her
Fucking bitch ruined raids 11/10 times by being drunk/not coordinating with her fiance (who was also a clan mod)
Nice tits and diamonds/10 accent tho

Drawing analogies that aren't similar except in very figurative ways is about as low-IQ as putting a storm door on an airplane.

Attached: 4123003.jpg (1200x804, 65K)

Not needing an antivirus doesn't depend on herd immunity though. It depends on you not running stupid shit or visiting dodgy sites with javascript enabled.

the difference is Linux users aren't as dumb as Winjeet cucks who run literally everything as administrator

those tits are amazing

The only Windows users running everything as admin as the dumbasses who turn off UAC.

>Venti
Bitch can top up my venti coffee with those milkers

I use an antivirus program for my devices. With all the torrenting, programming, and sketchy downloads you are forced to do in our Jow Forums/meme culture you can find yourself in some bad places. Does that magnet actually have Belle Delphine lewds or is it a virus? Is this user's web project actually a good web crawler he wrote or is it going to install a bitcoin miner on my computer? There are other means, sending links to virustotal or using firejail. But if you have the money and aren't experienced enough to know how to check for telemetry with netstat, it is better safe than sorry to trust antivirus software. I use McAfee because the company moved to Panama and John is based and paranoid. Little wary of Kaspersky because the FSB might have infiltrated his Russian based company

Attached: https _cdn140.picsart.com_243404555015202.png r1024x1024.png (276x390, 189K)

Common sense involves using active decision making to avoid computer viruses.
Herd immunity does not. That's just hoping that you remain safe.

Attached: 1541611772869.jpg (1243x1143, 424K)

Supposedly AV doesn't work anyway these days. Comparing file hashes to a database of known malware is useless if it can easily be avoided.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphic_code

That isn't the only way AV works, but that will still catch the vast majority of malware.

She could feed a lot of babies with those.

Good one.

The vast majority of OLD malware, which is not commonly found in the wild today anyway.

>The vast majority of OLD malware, which is not commonly found in the wild today anyway.
Yeah, it is.
There's a shitload of old stuff banging around on the Internet still.

Biological viruses can spread through the air or water. If you do not have vaccinations, you can get sick just from being in public.

Computer viruses spread through dumbass opening infected file. If you aren't a dumbass, you won't get a virus.

i would stick my rod up her Venti-lation shaft if you catch my drift

One is life threatening, the other is not.

Your argument might make sense if we had access to the source code of the human and we could re-build it to be immune to viruses. We can build virus-immune operating systems.

fpbp

Well, one might inconvenience you slightly, the other will literally kill you.

If everybody applied the logic of one, the negative effects would still be contained to individual PC's. If everyone applied the logic of the other, there'd be no herd immunity.

You need vaccinations, because if everyone who *can* get them *doesn't* get them, then there is no herd immunity.

Common sense also applies when you leave your home with your PC - just don't do anything you wouldn't do at home. But when you leave the herd, you're exposed to the risks herd immunity was meant to mitigate.

In conclusion - no, these are not the same. You are not a PC, and herd immunity ceases to exist the moment everyone relies on it.

She's great.

Attached: 1553947623873.png (752x440, 540K)

baste

Attached: 1555881618625.jpg (750x500, 29K)

>These are exactly the same thing.
They are not.
>Change my mind.
Ok, why did you make a post you know was wrong? You only feel like arguing because you want to be stubborn and get a laugh while feeling a sense of superiority. Even the reason why you chose the image. Its ok though.

Attached: virtual hug gifs _ WiffleGif.gif (600x626, 433K)

install gentoo

>using malware as your antivirus

Attached: 1493693877543.gif (500x359, 500K)

>implying

I'll bite. Why do I need antivirus? Give me real reasons.

I have heard some people say she smells. Why does that make me want her more?

pheromones

You have to opt into a digital virus, even if it’s unknowingly. There is no opt out when you come into direct contact with smallpox

>You can't run around in a hazmat suit with a pressurized air canister
You can't?

These articles in pic related, you're talking about cosmopolitan articles, not scientific peer reviewed articles that are results of studies, aren't you?

herd immunity is achieved through vaccines.

She's literal 10/10 niche for a lot of people. Right in that zone where she's not conventionally super hot but she's a shortstack with a cute face and an exotic look that checks certain boxes. Sort of like getting a cookie that has an extra misshapen bit stuck to it that's just a mound of chocolate, imperfect but you're happy to have it over the "perfect" piece.

SMASHED & SLAMMED

no u

>Comparing biology and technology

3dp poster is wrong as usual.
you need a firewall, authentication and verification of the shit you download. that's it

/thread

La luz extinguido

So this is the 56% face they talk about? Is this even considered white in america?

go do it yourself you moron

You're such a fucking retard this is awful bait. Herd immunity works by OTHERS being vaccinated to protect those who are too weak to receive them or people who have other immune deficiencies such as the elderly. You cant SEE viruses and germs the same way you can with obvious bait computer popups and sidebar ads

Fpbp

Both are spouted by uneducated retards with a massive ego that think they know it all without knowing jack shit beyond some bullshit they keep repeating like the sheep they are. So tell me why or how should I exactly change your mind when there is nothing to change?

It is when I finish on her face

Define common sense.
To me common sense is having a good host file. I've done that for years and never had a single virus. Didn't need some crappy av.

a HIPS is good enough, like SSM but is discontinued

let's just say it's impossible to fuck her without becoming a race-traitor

I would culturally enrich that girl with my jewish semen.

>exotic look
Nice racism shitlord.

Computers cant get polio dummy

(You)
thanks user.

Fpbp.

It's also impossible to decline an invitation from her to fuck without being gay as shit.

BASED

Attached: destroyed-in-seconds.jpg (432x243, 14K)

I like this post.

U dumb

Vaccines have results.
Antivirus only block software activators and let malware works

> Sit on dick because you're a faggot
Change my mind

Based, fpbp

are her nipples brown or pink?

She smells like cat shit because she sleeps in it.

You already run malware on your pc - windows

there is quite a long list of Linux viruses yea
problem is, there is no simple way to actually make them harmful on all computers
likewise, there is no simple way to let users install them
at last, the only "unpatched" viruses are only dangerous for the user running it. actual exploits get patched
I guess for servers (which would be a nice market to crash) changing the bashrc helps with keeping your program running

Imagine getting BTFO this fast

EternalBlue

americans were a mistake..

Attached: 1501197863351.png (900x506, 464K)

t. non kissed fat ugly virgin
go be mad somewhere else

What a low effort bait thread.

>dat projection
seethe harder mutty

BASTE

>tfw no qt octoroon gf

Attached: hellodarkness.gif (500x281, 955K)

>other

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrez.jpg (2296x2464, 285K)

>Computer viruses spread through dumbass opening infected file. If you aren't a dumbass, you won't get a virus.
>He genuinely believe this in 2019

She kinda looks like Cassidy Banks