Golang

Reminder that it's called "Golang", not "Go".

Attached: 1548840991801.png (1500x1000, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tour.golang.org/methods/14
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go away

fpbp

Golang await

Am I making a mistake by learning Go as my first language?
I've literally no idea what any programming concepts means other than maybe what arrays are by random searching, but I already have a couple of projects in mind
I have a couple of other projects too based on what I could achieve from javascript and C#, but I heard Go makes doing and finishing things faster.

gulag

It's not an awful first language. But it's not babby's first language like Python or JS. But it's also more niche and lacks memory management from C. It's a weird middle ground.

Golang is used as a workaround for the name Go being literally ungooglable (the irony); just like interfaces are used as a workaround for no generics.

Attached: 3C7C4A4C-4722-4B70-84FD-3B80F59FFC4A.jpg (1136x640, 64K)

delete this and I'll add $20 to your adsense account

It's called "Go" when referred to by humans in conversation, and "Golang" is for search queries and tags and such things a computer would be reading

Go stands for Generics omitted

because when you see it, you turn 360 degrees around and go away

More like "Go away and never come back, you shit language"

more like GOG LAN amirite? which one of you fags wants to come by my place and play baldur's gate until thursday?

Only of its written in rust, i practice safe gaming

javascript is the place to start. download pdf "A Smarter Way to Learn Javascript" by mark myers.

True turning point for brainlets is that book

Nope. It doesn't really matter, go is a fine choice. Just stay away from sepples.

Golang gives you lots of good things from a language.

I'd say go is easier than python only because it's incredibly consistent and shallow. There's some speed bumps but you don't dig a little deeper and find yourself under the hood where everything's unpythonic opposite land.

Good language and quite easy to just build things with. The hardest part is setting up the paths which only becomes a problem when you have more than one package in a project.

nice reddit spacing faggot

>just like interfaces are used as a workaround for no generics
Just goes to show what you know, the two are completely different concepts. Interfaces are a runtime concept and generics are a compile time concept.

so they're worse

In a sane language an interface is static declaration. I don't even know what an interface in Go is supposed to be tour.golang.org/methods/14

Attached: 1556545674480.jpg (380x380, 50K)

It's a pointer plus a vtable.

Blaze a blaze (golang a lang a lang lang)
Purple haze (golang a lang a lang lang)