Are terrorist watches a meme or actually good? The plastic strap looks weak

Are terrorist watches a meme or actually good? The plastic strap looks weak.

Attached: 220px-Casio_F-91W_digital_watch.jpg (220x263, 14K)

they're pretty close to indestructible, strap included. If you don't care about looks and just want something inexpensive that'll tell time forever you can't really do better.

not bad actually, I've had one for the last 10 years
granted, not the F-91W but a really close one W-800H. Pretty sturdy, snorkel-proof and functional, and you can unlock a few features tinkering with a jumper in it

The strap failed on me, but the watch itself is incredible.

never had any problems with mine that I got 6 years ago

Is it easy to mod the strap to a leather one?

yeah definitely, I prefer metal ones though those ones last an eternity, are waterproof and don't get fucked up easily

>waterproof
No, it even says WR as in water resistant. There is a big difference, it means you can splash it but if you try swimming with it, it may die.

My strap broke shortly after basic training. Replaced it with a Nato strap and it's been going strong since. It's at the point where the strap might need replacing again as it's fraying at the end from putting it on and off.

just fill it with mineral oil?

i wear an F-91W, serves me well, can recommend

I mean the W-800H which is 10ATM

Why do people buying expensive watches when these are good enough and last pretty long? Is it some prestige thing? As a poorfag I don't understand.

I am fairly well off and buy fake Rolexs.

I have a similar metal one. Bought it after the plastic strap on my 5yo f91 broke because it looks a bit less toyish. Looks aside they are great value and do their job.

They are perfect as far as what you expect from a digital watch. They also have nerd hipster cred and you can buy all sorts of weird colors and mods.

>that thing
>on leather
Don't.

Had this watch for 7 years now, after 3 or so the plastic strap broke so I replaced it with this Milanese strap and never had a problem since.

Attached: watch.jpg (1500x1125, 424K)

BUY A PHACKIN ROOOOOOLLLLEEEXXXX YA PHACKIN SHITTA!!!!!

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 12K)

I got blown up in an ied and the little buckle doohicky broke. Another Marine found it during site clean-up in the daylight and mailed it to me. Right now its buried in a box with dried blood with my medals. Tough watch.

cute :3

Watches are jewelery. Most expensive watches are less accurate and more inconvenient than f91 due to mechanical drive (spring or automatic). You pay for craftmanship and looks. And the fact you own expensive watch I guess.

Geez, did you get out of it ok?

>That skin
underage b8

>buy polarizing film for $1 from chink on ebay
>get pic related as result
>buy cheap nato or zulu strap
I was never a fan of the plastic straps.
I wish I had a pic of that watch but I lost it.

Attached: 1423267440222.jpg (2432x4320, 1.57M)

Strap's designed to break away if you're allahu akbarring and get your watch snagged on a bit of rebar or whatever.

this
the strap broke after 5 years but the watch broke after falling on the ground after 15 years

That depends on who you ask. 2 guys died and another is an amputee (well adjusted family man). I stumbled away with third degree burns, shrapnel, and PTSD. Almost redeployed for another round but a woman talked me out of it. Now I'm on Jow Forums gleaning useful career info.

lmao the programming socks

I'm glad you're here user

I use mine for working out, I modded it to have a red light and a timer on it

Attached: 20190429_190122.jpg (4032x2268, 2.18M)

Thanks user its a long hard road but then everyone has a difficult journey.

This is now the watch thread.
What watch band material is the most comfortable (22mm)? I have a leather one and it gets sweaty.

i like mine

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1279x1280, 174K)

Thank you for your service.
t. ExxonMobil

Estradiol

how many soilent do you drink daily

I had one as a lifeguard, lasted 2 months in the kiddypools

It's fine, I'm a fat fuck so doesn't fit great, also the finish gets trashed really quick
Would prefer any shock over it, but for $10 it's fine

Attached: 20190429_220949.jpg (4032x3024, 2.76M)

It goes way beyond ExxonMobil there bud. Look into (((central banks))). I just wanted to bullseye some ragheads (and I did).

hello sirs,,,
i'm from indian
i boght this wat ch some years agoo it lasted since then i've been wering it kindly since very great watch fanks
pple some time tinks it terrorist watch haha no,,,,,,
I say
i am very grateful /g for recomendination the watch
have a good day a do the need ful
salutations from indian

Attached: IMG_39531.jpg (612x792, 287K)

is that a fucking ingres ABF application burned into the screen?

wear something manly like a casio frogman.

Thise skinny watches just make you look like a basedboy.

it's a pedo watch newfag

fucking kek, lad.

Attached: image.jpg (491x404, 88K)

where can I get a strap like this

Attached: 1554557500118.jpg (3264x2448, 2.2M)

Google Nato Straps.

>it may die

Attached: Casio A158W at 30m.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

I have owned three different ones over a span of 5 years. I assure you the plastic strap has gone way down in quality over the years. The watch itself lasts forever. I bought a nylon watch strap instead of replacing the the last one, no issues since.

hot, will u be my gf?

Attached: 3gtk4hnlcqd11.jpg (1125x1331, 173K)

thats not a nato strap though

Dude it's like the same shit.

Are the solar powered ones also good?

That resin strap sucks. But you can get a cheap ass 15mm nato band in ebay or aliexpress, so well. The watch itself is indestructible but gshock 5600 is does not cost 5 times of it for no reason. If there is one thing that f-91w beats up 5600, then it must be the battery lifespan. 5600 battery lasts for approx 7 years while f-91w goes 15 years. Also you can replace f-91w battery easily without harming the water resistance

Nope. My F-91w had no problem even in finn sauna multiple times

Attached: 97C68B4C-766E-4DBB-A4CB-6D56B6B83A29.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

My strap broke in like 2-3 years.

Glad you made it back

It’s zulu band not fucking nato

That’s normal

There's not much water pressure in the sauna

Attached: 20190430_131617.jpg (3984x2988, 2.85M)

Yes but if you want indestructible I would probably go with a metal strap.

I have always wondered what PTSD really is. Just melted brain after trauma? Or is it some kind of mental status where you feel discomfort due to frequent flashbacks & nightmares

why do people keep quoting me in this autism board and repeat what i said as if i didnt say the same thing

disgusting pedo

Because you deserve it

Hello wannabe Delta Force neckbeard. Nice watch tho.

Attached: based2.jpg (852x536, 204K)

how to get a skin like this

Perhaps

LOL, thanks :^)

HRT

this watch is better in every way and costs like 5 bux more than the f91w

Attached: AE1200WH-1A_small.png (294x445, 54K)

I have to change terrorist watch every couple of years precisely because of the strap.

I have a collection of working watches without strap since buying a new one costs less than repairing it

maybe they just make them shittier now, mine lasted like seven years until I got a different watch anyway

Why would you buy this shit?

Just use your smartphone you fucking boomer

it tells time
its cheap, so you don't have to worry about damaging it

you don't have to take it out of your pocket, you just look at your wrist
lasts for many years on one battery
its cheap, so you don't have to worry about damaging it

Kids, sigh....

Originally they lasted me 5 years, true. Now just 2/3.

I've been using them since late 90s

you can hide a micro sd card in the back of the case, pretty neat;

Links? Looks great and would like to have s timer too

Did you get it from the YouTube guy?

Gr8 b8

>those socks
based

The backlight is ass. Get the illuminator model.

Not a meme. Now, sure, you won't look like a millionaire while wearing one, but they are surprisingly sturdy and they keep the time reasonably well (although the A158 is better in that regard) I've had one for years and it still works perfectly, and I only paid it around 12$.
May not be the prettiest watch, but it's probably one of the most practical ones out there, and perfect for physical activity/labor.

you just tilt it away from you slightly and you can read the time easily using the light

Metal bracalets are not as comfortable imho, though. I wear my F-91 all the time in the gym precisely because it has a resin strap instead.

In Turkey they are called soldiers watch, as everyone entering millitary service would get one.
They are renowed for the same reasons you guys know it. Long battery, maybe a shitty strap (I think its overrated, most people still have the original strap intact after years) but durable clock. Functional, simple, cheap.

t.

Attached: index.jpg (236x213, 5K)

LOOK UP THE LINK BETWEEN SHOCK WAVE DAMAGE AND PTSD, SHOCK WAVES FROM EXPLOSIONS PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE BRAIN WHICH LEADS TO PTSD

Casio watches are bomb proof, worth the price for it

Rolex is over priced.

I like mine desu

Attached: IMG_20190430_113802.jpg (2976x3968, 2.18M)

spent 2 months swimming 5 hours a day in the sea salt and it still works perfectly

I've used mine as a pocket watch ever since the strap broke.

why the fuck do you wear your clock upside down?

Uh yeah what this guy said.

>your clock