Linux is not intuitive or simple

Linux users be like
Yeah I have to get my linux dictionary to take a screenshot

Attached: 1556473433202.jpg (354x386, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vFVhLK-6j4&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just press print screen ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

I just hold Mod4 and drag the area to screenshot with my mouse and the screenshot is saved right on my desktop

So?

nvm i figured it out

"I don't know how to do something so doing something must he hard"

Literally type just type scrot on a terminal retard

I'm noticing a pattern, or rather; the lack of one...

Nothing is intuitive or simple when you're a brainlet

If you don't like """complex""" thing then use windows that's simple.

Really linux* is more simple as a system (not as an interface) cause it's unix-like and from that simplicity you can build endless complexity.
Windows is complex (but you are not allowed to see that complexity) and it isn't even capeble of doing simple things.

*=linux intended as GNU/Linux for you grammartards

It's not a big deal dude, find a way to do it that satisfies you and then do it that way

the pattern is nobody consulting a "dictionary"
I'm sorry you are challenged.

>I want my tools to be complex
You want a hammer with 3 heads?
how about a quadruple sided axe?

Using lincux is signing up for endless problems and inefficiency
No I am not going to reprogram My OS to be actually functional

Holy shit i had a stroke writing that

Do ppl actually do this though? I thought the lunix way was to make things customizable for the user. So why not keybind the command to do cute shit like
>printscreen:
scrot-s,
save onto desktop,
put on clipboard

>ctrl+printscreen:
scrot-s,
save to some tmp directory that gets wiped with reboots,
put on clipboard

>ctrl+alt+printscreen:
scrot-s,
save to some tmp directory that gets wiped with reboots,
use some img upload site API to auto upload and fetch the direct link, put into clipboard

But then again you could just run windows and use shareX, xd. but hey loonixfriends, keep dumping hours to configure what should be on the system by default. non neets like me got shit to get done so we use windows :)

>and use shareX
>what should be on the system by default

On windows i can literally just google sharex and download it, click on exe, install. Go on with my day.

On luunix, i gotta
>sign in as root
>gotta open google to find out command to open le android bootleg lookin ass google appstore
>search shareX
>pleaze enter your login credentials for ubuntu appstore.
>enter creds
>says user/pw do not exist or password mismatch.
>but i just made the fucking account.
>whatever, close ubuntu appstore because it wants a blood sample and a semen donation every time you want to install something, and login never works
>open synaptic
>search shareX
>20 results with long ass random names, all including shareX in it
>im expected to know which one to install
>pick random one
>install halts midway through because 26494362849 random ass dependencies not found, which for some reason arent built into sharex or the package manager to just prompt me to ask if i want to install the missing dependencies.
>then u run it
>it doesnt open

So then i reboot pc and switch to windows partition.
Open sharex.
it works.

Attached: 1555627023816.jpg (955x767, 71K)

screencapped lmfao

what

That's exactly what windows does. You want to do thing X? You have to install some huge program with bloated GUI and dozens of options for doing things Y, Z that you wont ever need and it does thing X poorly and slowly. In *nix you have separate, fully featured and non-bloated programs for X, Y and Z.

Based

I bloat my computer
you bloat your life

My experience working with Ubuntu and why I switched to Arch

PENGUINTODDLERS BTFO
put me in the fuckin 'cap

>sharex
This has to be the ultimate bait. It surpasses adobe and office combined. The amount of larpers using "industry standard productivity" software is staggering, but the need for such a complex program for screenshots, a program whose highlight seems to be automatically uploading said screenshots, takes the cake.

so you're the one that needs to be told how to make a screenshot.

any linux distro that isnt designed to be a heaping pile of shit(gentoo, arch, void) will take a screenshot when you hit print screen

In what ways does arch solve this problem? does muh pacman have an option to auto install missing dependencies and shit? And no account system for the FUCKING appstore? If so count me in. Ill buy into the arch meme. Im tired of windows 2bh

buiilding now, will post results soon

Linux doesn't fucking work

And that's a good thing.
There's no big brother organization dictating how everything has to work. There are trends and there are standards, but other than the kernel there's really nothing stopping experimentation, diversity (the real kind not the muh minorities kind), and above all: Freedom. Yeah almost everything uses GNU, but there's systems like Alpine that don't and Void and Gentoo which use to a much lesser extent. Those options are all there for those who prefer not having a GNU userland. Almost everything uses Systemd, but there's systems like MX Linux, Devuan, Artix, Parabola OpenRC, and the aforementioned Void/Gentoo/Alpine that don't, and that's ok.

The Linux experience is vast and full of possibilities and choices that let you tailor your OS experience to your tastes. Want a fully-featured desktop experience with big pretty apps and visual polish? There's DEs for that. Want something that's a bit lighter and runs better on older hardware and kinda more closely resembles early Win/Mac systems? There's a selection of lightweight DEs. Wanna feel like a hackerman or really have an aversion to mices? Try a simple tiling WM. There's tons of ways to get what you want done. So many ways to get from point A to point B.
And that my friens, is true Freedom.

Don't worry. I had a stroke reading it dude.

Attached: a13.png (531x376, 283K)

wrong
back to faceberg winjeet

Attached: mfwtrash.png (1081x1081, 559K)

looool it took like 9 minutes

theres a hole in your head and smoke is coming out of it

have u heard of FEDORA 30? it is being released tomorrow and is singlehandedly the best linux distro out today

Not him but what are you referring to "missing dependencies"? On Arch when you install something with pacman it install the dependencies that is needed and it won't allow you to uninstall dependencies. If you're talking about compiling programs yourself that's just the nature of it.

I would highly recommend getting used to install software with the terminal. That way it separates yourself from the Windows-like experience, although useful for newcomers you'll eventually grow out of it.

oh you

Oh. I was actually describing my experience installing eclipse IDE on a LTSC ubuntu like 6 months ago. Account system of ubuntu appstore would never let me log in so i had to do it with synaptic, but that also failed. So i ended up doing the old google + download tar shitball.
>then google what the fuck do i do with this shitball
>land on some pajeet website
>copy paste the commands
>tar xywzjejdngirmebcirniggertshithole
>then cd to that directory
>enter next pajeet command
>"the specified path does not have a run command" or whatever, i cant remember.
and ended up switching back to windows.

It has nothing to do with your distro and everything to do with what your DE/wm settings are, brainlet. And it takes 10 seconds to bind scrot to print screen on pretty much any DE/wm anyway.

here's the cool video I made of it
youtube.com/watch?v=_vFVhLK-6j4&feature=youtu.be

It would have been FASTER on Windows.

>Linux is not intuitive or simple
>Linux users
linux is a kernel

Every second you spend on watching your bloated system load adds up.
You bought a fast computer to avoid that? Congratulations, you've just wasted money on computing power you don't need.
You have fast computer because you need it for work? Using *nix would make your work faster.
You don't care about wasting your money? Then I don't have a cure for you.

>sign in as root
Don't do that. You should be able to install programs from the store without literally being logged into the desktop as root. I mean, I guess that could work, but it's a bit of an overcomplicated way of doing it. Just sign in as your normal user and try it. You'll have to enter in the password and it'll just werk.
>gotta open google to find out command to open le android bootleg lookin ass google appstore
I'm pretty sure it's right there on the dock by default
>says user/pw do not exist or password mismatch.
wat. What did you do to your system?
If nothing, file a bug report.
>but i just made the fucking account.
what account? You don't make root. Root is already there. You said you were signed in as it so wtf
>open synaptic
k
>im expected to know which one to install
I'm pretty sure they all have descriptions that tell you what they do. Haven't used synaptic in a while though.
>install halts midway through because 26494362849 random ass dependencies not found, which for some reason arent built into sharex or the package manager to just prompt me to ask if i want to install the missing dependencies.
Actually it does. The whole point of a package manager is to grab the packages you want + the dependencies, and I know at least that Synaptic does just that, as does every form of package management on Ubuntu

W T F
linux is a real nightmare if you want to use actually productive software frens

This. Clownposter is cringe and bluepilled

im glad we agree

to be fair I only typed 2 commands it just took a while

>file a bug report
stopped reading right there.
you think people got time for this shit? Lmfao

Windows programs are not bloated at all you retard

oh, and why would it be asking for login credentials for a search? It only does that when you actually try to install a package.
Furthermore, why is it asking for username and password? As an ubuntu user, I know it only asks for password.
Your story is fake and you should feel bad.

Jow Forums how far have you fallen? this bait is truly painful

true story for me as well on ubuntu LTSC.
idk why they have this secondary account system on a fucking FOSS appstore, makes zero sense.

>Windows programs are not bloated at all you retard

Attached: laughingslut.gif (640x358, 1.94M)

>ubuntu LTSC.
wew
I'm pretty aware that it's bait at this point, but I responded seriously on the off chance that it's not

>it takes a linux dictionary to hit printscreen
Are we in 1998?

Modern computers are not calculators
"bloat" is negligible
please brag about your computer using 7 kb of ram now

>1 inconsistency invalidates my whole story
yeah ok buddy. Im supposed to remember all the minute details from an annoying experience that led me to switch the fuck back to windows?
You wanna know whether i fapped that day?
or what I had for lunch?
i dont remember that. Does that mean i didnt have lunch? Check mate round earth theorists

upvoted LMAO

>Win 10 is unusable on 10 y. old computers
>stuff like Office, Adobe Reader takes whole minutes to load and lags horribly
>every microsoft program including calculator sends every possible information about it's usage rather than actually work

>secondary account system
please stop it's actually headache inducing. bait or not
I keep telling myself that it's bait when I know they're serious

You can either laugh or get trolled by these dipshits

Attached: 1546194691872.jpg (2992x2000, 2.21M)

>And it takes 10 seconds to bind scrot to print screen on pretty much any DE/wm anyway.
Surely you did not think that writing this sentence makes Linux look any better. Why should I have to go through the effort to do something so simple? Why is it not done automatically? Why do you call for people to move to Linux when you offer nothing of equivalent value, instead you just tell them to figure it out themselves?

the main DEs, GNOME and KDE do come with prtscrn default bound to save a screenshot for you

when will people learn that both windows and linux have their own upsides and downsides? when will the fire fight end?

Oh shit. Is that wall tiled with Thinkpads?

it's only the retards arguing

>10 year old computers
Perhaps don't own 10 year old computers.
>office
MS Office is a waste. Use something better.
>Adobe reader
>using Adobe Reader
>ever
lel
>loleverythingisspywarebotnet
For fuck's sake, no.

I always wonder if these kind of threads are memetic board culture at this point or a genuine attempt at bait.

Attached: Captura-9-488x381.jpg (488x381, 25K)

It is

Attached: 1546209873464.jpg (739x494, 40K)

That was example of typical windows software. Alternatives come from free software community.

>loleverythingisspywarebotnet
Computer is supposed to do what you want it to do and nothing more.

Because if it's better for my workflow, I can use that key on the keyboard for whatever else I wish, like launching a program I use more than I take screenshots and need to load quickly as I type, for example, and take a screenshot with mod + printscreen since the simplest, direct press would be saved to something I need to be more accessible than a screenshot.
If you don't recognize the value of time-saving through adapted tools for your workflow, the type of work you do, and are capable of doing, is certainly something that takes at most a little more brain power than a monkey has, and that will say a lot about any opinions you have.

Attached: IMG_20190219_234636.jpg (600x600, 75K)

It does if you use a DE for fucking retards like a wintoddler would. I don't care if morons use Linux, I'm not some evangelist.

>Perhaps don't own 10 year old computers.
So Windows 10 is so bloated you need a top of the line PC in order to run it?

>made this decade = top of the line

>still not arguing the point
I'm just gonna assume you agree

It's not difficult, It doesn't work

>top of the line
Poor Win7 kid. Go back to Windows XP, that's what you were in lust with some years ago when 7 came out. But now you just want to be contrarian yet again so you're boohooing about 10 like an idiot to get attention.

Grow up.

>gnome
>DE for fucking retards
choose one

Print Screen takes a screenshot on a standard desktop install of most major distros. For an average Joe user, that basically just means Ubuntu, and it just works there.
No other distro is even remotely relevant to someone just moving from Windows (nor should it be, unless it's easier and gets more support).

A consistent observation has been that bloat tends to outstrip the improvements in hardware. Bloat matters when it's making your brand new machine as responsive as a system from twenty fucking years ago.

Take your ADHD pills before you post again.

>WAA I'M EIGHT MENTALLY WAAA MOMMY HELP ME PEOPLE ARE SMARTER THAN I AM ON THE INTERNET
That's what your post might as well say.

Motherfucker I just had a similar experience with Root trying to get nessus for pentesting. It have me anxiety flashbacks. Shut the fuck up you Linucuck.

It is literally easier then windows. Just press one button, print screen.

um it's very easy to instal nessus

Um, its very easy when youre not using that piece of shit Linux.

>trying to get nessus for pentesting. It have me anxiety flashbacks. Shut the fuck up you Linucuck.
have sex.

> I got nothing better to do with my time so I spend all week coding this neat little program to give you weather reports in your terminal because I don't use a DE and also don't leave my basement
Typical Linux nerd

Attached: 1530216484323.gif (332x311, 1.43M)

Yes. Now try it with the opposite sex and you’ll get upgraded to a usable OS.

Lol, I would pat you on your back as well if I could.

Um it's very easy to install and use

Attached: file.png (2560x1410, 285K)

>I have no retention skills so I have to google a thing everytime I want to do it

Linux cucks can use whatever argument they want, but any linux distro SUCKS BAD for compatibility with other people that are not retarded Stallmam evangelists, aka the rest of the world, and industry standard software.

You fucking dumbass. You’re not even in terminal or using the cmd to run it.
If you don’t know what you’re talking about shut your cockpocket.

you are so gay LOL
It is very easy to install and use the Nessus scanner, and it's also gay and shit compared to Rapid7's

it doesn't suck, it's just different. and most people are too damn lazy to learn a new thing

You fucking ignoramus
I shouldn't need a manual to use my computer
that is all

>Now try it with the opposite sex
eww

dumbass you needed one and still do in the form of google for when you started with windows/want to do new thing with windows

No nearly as much