What does Jow Forums think of nixie clocks? I want to buy a vintage one not a new modern one...

What does Jow Forums think of nixie clocks? I want to buy a vintage one not a new modern one. But fucking hell are they expensive.

Attached: Capture.png (1916x1188, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YajwGdbXV1w)
jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_gr414.htm?lang=en
jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_cd46.htm?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for zoomers to pretend they are zoomers

Stop buying random shit you don’t need. Stop being a capitalist piggie good boy

I am 31 fren.

I am pretty minimalist I almost never buy anything. But these nixie clocks intrigue me.

look up the age range on millennials, friend
source: also 31

>muh needs versus wants
never involve yourself in politics thanks

I'm VFD fan

I have a stash of nixies, they're cool but people charge needlessly huge amounts for them.
>I want to buy a vintage one not a new modern one
They didn't really make clocks with them during their manufacture, and the few that were made are special-purpose and unsuitable for general use (see youtube.com/watch?v=YajwGdbXV1w)
You're best off buying a box in bulk directly from an ex-soviet area, and making your own clock from scratch. Just hoard the rest of the tubes, or sell them off to recover your money if you don't want them.

I remember buying 10 IN-18s from some guy in the Ukraine in 2007 for $15 a piece. Holy fuck the price has spiked, what happened?

Millennials with lots of money, and a limited supply. You do the math.

>clock that needs 60W to function

>I'M A MAD SCIENTIST, KURISTINA xD
>HACKING TO THE GATE!

heh

Hipster.

Would fuck those nixie tubes

Only a few artisans make them. They just aren't produced anymore. Those plasma glowing clocks are even more rare then nixie tubes.

I'd grab a kit from china - they seem to be going for ~£100. Ask the people on /csg/

>Steampunk
Fuck, I hate this term

>Steampunk
>Integrated circuts

Alri Techmoan

>the biggest nixie tubes
GR-414 and CD46 want a word with that marketing claim
jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_gr414.htm?lang=en
jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_cd46.htm?lang=en

Attached: gr414_raetsel.jpg (700x531, 51K)

Man I love this board sometimes

>for zoomers to pretend they are zoomers
>look up the age range on millennials
wat

Attached: cd46.jpg (600x436, 28K)

Jest build one. It's not that hard.

Exactly. OP, don't be a fucking idiot. You can build those in like 3 hours using youtube. 280 fucking bucks for that trash, Jesus...

LEDs under a nixie tube should be considered a crime.

Does your face look like pic related?
If yes - Buy one for free internet points and sick praise from your bugmen friends.
If no - Then fucking don't.

Attached: onions.jpg (666x203, 27K)

Zoomers are not millennials

They look neat but you can get a normal alarm clock with much more features for a fraction of that money.

Buy from AliExpress

>This

Nixie tubes are retarded hipster shit, change my mind

they look like shit

A ridiculous extravagance.
Why anybody would pay $500 for last century tech I'll never know.
It's not like a handcrafted watch or something, it's just old shit they don't make anymore.

nixies are going extinct. The resources are dwindling and nobody is making more of them besides one hobbist in his shed.

Nixie clocks are a waste of resources. This hipster fad is destroying the worlds reserves of nixie tubes and its sickening.

That goes for dekatrons, numitrons, and especially magic eye tubes too. So many tacky VU meters wearing out the phosphor in them, with not even a single hobbyist making new ones.

Attached: output.webm (320x240, 1.22M)

ZAAAAA WARUUUUUDOOO LOL