Best HTPC Processor

>2200g- $95
>2400g- $140
>Athlong 200GE- $50

I'm building an HTPC/spare PC and want to get the best value for my money. Which of these do I choose- or do I choose none of them and wait for the APU's that are supposedly coming out in July? What do you guys think?

Attached: 2400g.jpg (640x480, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cI-a4WZWwZc
youtube.com/watch?v=4KNnKt2zYs0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All of them are complete overkills for HTPC. You don't need more than a dualcore celeron.

Athon 200GE is more than enough for HTPC.

Depends on if OP wants 4K30/4K60fps HEVC or not.

My television can stream 4k30 HEVC, and my celeron HTPC definitely can. 200GE + cheap board won't cost much more than a $70 embedded board, but it's completely unnecessary.

Invest in the overkill.

After years of use, before you know it, you're using it for more than just a HTPC, perhaps something else entirely.

So is converting your old PC to a htpc what cool anons do? When I upgrade from my 2500k in a year or so is that what I should do with it? It obviously isnt worth shit now. Do I throw in my old 6950 too?

yeah get the i9 in case you end up using it for something different

Word, guess I'll try to keep it as cheap as possible then. I guess my real concern is fomo on the new processors that are supposed to drop in July.

Wait until after May 1st, best buy is scheduled to have sales on all their AMD shit for the anniversary all month long.

>best buy
I go where the savings are, fuck off.

I didn't say
>get a CPU riddled with hardware vulnerabilities which will only be more exploited for every year which ticks by, ultimately making it useless
Did I?

Your television has ARM processor with Mali GPU builtin to support 4K30 HEVC.

Here's the older Skylake vs Kabylake 4K HEVC for i3.

youtube.com/watch?v=cI-a4WZWwZc

If you're doing the weaker Celeron, there's this. While it plays, the high CPU usage = higher chance of bottleneck/skipping.

>youtube.com/watch?v=4KNnKt2zYs0

So I would definitely watch out for Celeron, they may or may not support 4K HEVC, and if they do, they might be either really pushing it (if they're skylake) or doing fine if they're using kabylake+

Why would you not get the Gemini Lake celeron/ pentium if you are building an HTPC?

I have a 1700 and 2700X and am going to give the 1700 to my BF and put the 2700X in my HTPC.

post feminine penis

Kys

Post feminine peepee

Get the 4 extra threads
The 4c4t 7500 i5 already can't play bf1 mp, i am sure future programs will benefit from the extra threads

Gaylord

>So is converting your old PC to a htpc what cool anons do? When I upgrade from my 2500k in a year or so is that what I should do with it?
That or a server.
>Do I throw in my old 6950 too?
You could see how well it works as an emulation box too if playing some older console game on your HTPC appeals to you.

Athlon 5350 is what I have in my HTPC

>best buy is scheduled to have sales on all their AMD shit for the anniversary
sauce for this? I'm not opposed to waiting, but I don't want to wait all that long. I'm definitely going to get an APU so I won't have to mess with a GPU, but I'm also kind of thinking that the newer APUs won't be a huge leap forward in terms of value. So if I could even snag like a 2400g for around $100 I'd be happy with that.

It was in techpowerup and tomshardware I believe is where I saw it. You won't have to wait long, it's scheduled May 1-June 8. If it's bullshit then you only lose a couple of days, but I'd say it's worth the wait to see how good the prices are.

I'd get a 2400g and call it a day. That's what I'm going to be building for my office lounge.

thanks bro. What do you predict the price will be for those chips? Obviously we're all anticipating Zen 2 and of course I want to see what those APUs can do.

>Exploitproofing

Just read an article that said that certain retailers will be having a one-day sale on May 1st, then some other sales that will go through June 8. Hopefully the really juicy deals are on May 1.