Thoughts on Fedora?

Thoughts on Fedora?

Attached: Logo_fedoralogo.png (600x182, 12K)

m'distro

Best distro.

It is a Linux distribution developed by the community-supported Fedora Project and sponsored by Red Hat. Fedora contains software distributed under various free and open-source licenses and aims to be on the leading edge of such technologies Fedora is the upstream source of the commercial Red Hat Enterprise Linux distribution.

Since the release of Fedora 21, three different editions are currently available: Workstation, focused on the personal computer, Server for servers, and Atomic focused on cloud computing.

As of February 2016, Fedora has an estimated 1.2 million users, including Linus Torvalds, creator of the Linux kernel

the only distro worth using

>three different editions are currently available: Workstation, focused on the personal computer, Server for servers, and Atomic focused on cloud computing.
It's all the same. The relevant versions are stable, rawhide and silverblue.

shill me on silverblue, it seems like an autistic meme

based and redpilled

Attached: fedoralinux.jpg (473x500, 29K)

Best GNOME experience out there. But you'll need some extra repos to have a fully functional desktop. The repos are easily accessible, so it's not really problem.

rpmfusion repos are cancer for version upgrades

Outdated hat. Nobody bellow 80 can pull it off. Stick to caps.

I never had a problem, but I don't do version upgrades right away, It usually takes me some months to upgrade.

i just upgraded to fedora 30 on sunday and didnt have any issues with rpmfusion packages? or negativo17 packages for that matter

unironically best distro, close to upstream just as I like it. the closest thing I like is slackware. CentOS is also cool if you don't care about outdated stuff, but is more do it yourself.

someone tell me the exact release moment of the 30 ISO, I've been auto refreshing their ftp for hours

don't upgrade while in beta or in the first month retard. or upgrade without using those repos, is not like there is anything important there. I rather build from source my packages though, I don't know who the fuck maintains rpmfusion, never used the negativo repo tho

Flatpak, the operation system.

containerized everything, read only root fs. sounds secure as fuck, but I would wait until 30 or 31

the poor mans debian

its debian except they dont molest everything they package

>fedora
>not even once

Attached: GOgCPA2.gif (300x451, 55K)

objectively wrong

Attached: getaloadofthisguy39156692.png (500x626, 302K)

that throw me off from using fedora, it's like if ubuntu needed 10 random ppas to be desktop ready
and the large amounts of rants about selinux made me worried, apparmor at least is easy to use and fix issues
i want to leave ubuntu but they sure dont make it easy
feel free to call me a brainlet

It's my personal favorite, but it's not for everybody.

Using this on home laptop since F25. Tried some hopping but always return to it - other than Optimus and selinux gymnastics everything just works out of box. Extra monitor, usb card, function buttons.

Attached: 1324685902001.png (239x258, 3K)

Best distro overall. It has the greatest GNOME experience (probably because of RH tho), most stable package manager, welcoming community.