Freezes with linux

>freezes with linux

Attached: amd-ryzen-linux-kernel-fix.jpg (600x338, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196683
linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/hardware-diagnosis-and-common-symptoms-of-hardware-failure-4175461588/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Funny how I'm posting this from a Ryzen box running Linux when it's supposed to be frozen.

I beg you, if you're going to read at least a single post today let it be this one. PLEASE, have sex.

lolwut

How many watts is Intel paying you?

>bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196683

>almost 2 year old bug

FUCK AMD LINUX SUPPORT

RYZEN IS NOT MADE FOR LINUX

this thread is fucking shit

>Ryzen 2200g
I can't control my system fans and they don't appear on lm_sensors. So even on idle they're loud.
Windows 10 and BIOS control them fine.

I've experienced this only when playing CS:GO. Very fustrating.

Bend over

fake news as usual from intel paid shills

The power of AMD+Loonix

Out of curiosity, which kernel are you using?

>crashes premiere

Attached: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fwww.evetech.co.za%2Frepository%2FProductImages%2Fintel-9th-gen-core-i9-cp (1000x1000, 88K)

uh huh.

Attached: 2019-04-29-225958_958x1043_scrot.jpg (605x261, 44K)

latest

well I don't know what Jow Forums did to this board because everything is shill this shill that, I'm OP and I agree with you as well, both fucking suck, imagine defending any of them, they all hate based GNU/Linux, and lately, they've been fucking up with basic stuff like Windows 10, Adobe crap, and videogame shit. Still, high prices for buggy crap that doesn't accomplish the basics, to just work for example.

>being an art student
LMAO

just out of curiosity, do you need to use any parameters? also, do your uptimes are this short usually? because most lockups happen when the machine is idle or suspending/hibernating/shutting down

Attached: 1552246641798.png (612x491, 87K)

I'm running a 2700X on Arch Linux, and they work fine for me... They work fine for my girlfriend too.

Attached: lm_sensors.png (818x410, 70K)

Werks on my machine.

Ive tried several. Right now I'm using 4.19.36.

No clue. Maybe it's because our graphics are different. Or it might be my motherboard.

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 3.37M)

Its the truth. Constant freezes with linux mint even with updated kernel. No issues with Manjaro so far though.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-30 01-58-00.png (1920x1080, 1.14M)

Fantastic, you've got the same chip as me.

How quite are your fans when idle, and could you post the output from Sensors (lm_sensors)?

I don't even hear my fans. Stock apu fan.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-30 01-08-31.png (1920x1080, 755K)

>intoddlers don't know how to add kernel boot parameters
hue.

Thanks.
I'm not surprised that lm_sensors doesn't report a fanspeed but you're reporting that your fans are still quite.
The only differences are our Mobo's and distro. In my testing the issue wasn't exclusive to void-linux. Maybe manjaro/arch have done something exceptional or it's something else.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-04-29 23-16-25.png (1141x719, 326K)

2/10 made me reply

Attached: 1554639759562.jpg (900x1357, 118K)

could you read the bugreport? people are mad because it seems to be that there's nothing to do with kernel to help this issue, parameters doesn't solve things are temporal, but ryzen is far from working CORRECTLY with linux, for some it of course 'just wroks' depending on their necessities

No clue. Wish i could help man. Is it your case fans, apu fan, or all of them making the noise?

All of them are just going way too fast. Not an issue in winblows.

>kde
xD

Its true on the laptop processors at least, I have to run with noapic option to start.

Is there an option to control them in your motherboard bios? I've been trying to search your problem but nothings coming up.

the freezes are caused by a broken motherboard

XD

runs fine on my box

Tell me about it...
Only happens with Gen 1 Ryzen CPUs though.

Wanted to setup a CentOS Server that would host several Virtual Machines, ran perfectly for a week, then all of a sudden a Soft Lock, had to hard reset.

Changed all kinds of BIOS settings that supposedly fixed this issue on Ryzen 1xxx, but it would still have a Soft Lock in that week timespan, sometimes not even surviving for 24 hours.
Then some people supposedly fixed it by turning off several services on startup or even changed boot parameters, so I did just that, same issue.

To destroy all kinds of variables that could cause this issue I decided to just install the most minimal installation possible, without GUI, without anything, and just let it run, it would still Freeze, it didn't matter what distro you installed or what Version of it, it would still freeze for the same reason...CPU Lockup HURR DURR.

At one point in a thread complaining about this issue there was a link to the AMD Forum where RMA fixed this issue, so I contacted AMD and they supplied me with another 1700x, same issue, CPU Lockup...

Salty as fuck for losing over a month on problem shooting this I cave in and install wangblows on it, even today I feel dirty about it...
>Install Windows 10 LTSB
>Setup my VM Environment
>Startup the 5 VMs that I needed
>has been running without a single freeze and issue for over 8 months now

It's definitely some kind of bug in the scheduler, but for some reason it only happens on the first gen, I never had this on my second gen CentOS server, and yes, I did run those two 1700x on the same mobo + hardware that the working CentOS Server with Ryzen 2 is running on.

I can change fan profiles in BIOS. None of those settings apply in Linux.

Are you imblying something user?
KDE is like a solid shit that doesn't leave behind any shit on your ass.
Anything that relies on gtk and especially GNOME is like a wet shit and diarrhea that gets everywhere over your ass and toilet.

You niggers ryzen works perfectly fine, just make sure your bios is updated

out of the box debian stretch, then changed apt list to testing.
uptimes are short because I turn off my computer

I'm running a Ryzen 2600 on Ubuntu 18.04 and have had literally zero issues....

Attached: download.jpg (298x169, 6K)

>have 2600X
>run debian
>works beautifully
(You)

>for some it of course 'just wroks' depending on their necessities
Seems like some people just bought shitty mobos.

The only time my system froze was when I did 4GHz+ overclocking on my 2600 (non-X) with an insufficient voltage bump, then overclocked my chinkshit generic 2400MHz RAM to 3200MHz and then tried to install Gentoo.

>...I believe we have not seen so many reports of this issue, partly because most users will not know how to get kernel output in this situation...
How do you get the kernel output thou?

Attached: 1340932173208.png (258x377, 87K)

This would explain my issues. It doesn't happen often, maybe once a week at most. I tried everything here: linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/hardware-diagnosis-and-common-symptoms-of-hardware-failure-4175461588/

What occasionally happens is my system freezes, usually just before some bot failed to SSH into my system, and it happens less now that I changed the SSH port. It also happens just as frequently in Gentoo as it did in Arch. Not really a problem, but still an annoyance I guess. Haven't had any crashes this week.

Attached: file.png (660x467, 79K)

Also SysReq keys no longer work, and strangely I'm able to SSH into my system for about 3 seconds right after it freezes.

Where do I buy one of those 'sex' things?

Its a linux kernel issue. Those problems don't exist anymore. I've heard a lot of users running 4.17 and earlier had some sore of problem, but ever since 4.18 they've gone away.

I'm building a portable 2400G based computer and currently playing around with different distros for my needs. The oldest Kernel I'm using is 4.18 and I've had zero issues.

>Mint
Thats your issue

Shit is shit whether its solid or liquid

If you bothered to read it's says in the comments that it was fixed with new kernel options indicating it was a problem with Linux power management and not the CPU itself

Werks on my machine

Is this why my Ryzen 1600 machine is freezing every three-ish days? I can't SysReq or SSH, I have to hard reboot.