Password Managers

Botnet or not ?

Attached: KeePass.jpg (800x535, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3185731/lastpass-is-scrambling-to-fix-another-serious-vulnerability.html#tk.rss_all
theregister.co.uk/2017/03/21/lastpass_vulnerabilities/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't think so

I run LastPass. My life would be literal hell without it. You guys live in paranoid nightmares and just create work for yourselves.

not if it's offline

Install KeePassXC

>lastpass is the only password manager
>there are no non botnet password managers
dumb glownigger

Hell because you'd have to remember a dozen passphrases?

My main concern is with the security of the database and how much shit gets beaconed out, just because it's open source doesn't mean there aren't any glowniggers around.

Been running Keepass for quite a while
Everything's offline to it's cool, unlike stuff like gayPass

just remember your passwords, its not difficult

the benefit of using a password manager is that you can use autistically long and hard to crack passwords you wouldnt normally be able to remember user

JuSt ReMeMbEr YoUr pAsSwOrDs iTs nOt DiFfiCuLt

based

LastPass yes
KeePass no

you've been working hard today ranjesh! here are an additional 2 rupees for your effort

nobody is coming to get you, sorry but you're just not that important.
you're more likely to have your account compromised by a database dump
all you're doing with a password manager is creating a fucking nightmare for yourself when you inevitably get locked out of your password manager and can't login to do important shit

ebin comeback dude, be sure to post it to reddit for your daily dose of upvotes

Attached: 1554754524510.jpg (680x544, 33K)

that's just a bonus. the advantage is that you can manage hundreds of unique passwords

what's wrong with keepass?

why do you have hundreds of accounts for things?
that's really depressing user

I would never be stupid enough store all my most sensitive information on someone else's server. I don't care what type of 'foolproof' security measures they supposedly have.

KeePassXC does everything I need and more.Been using for years without an issue.

If f.lux is a botnet then everything is a botnet

so yes

Use pass. It's a simple bash script. If you can't read it you shouldn't be on this board.

botnet

How can anyone believe that proprietary password managers of all things are a good idea? This board really needs an IQ verification before posting. And guess what, LastPass has been compromised.
pcworld.com/article/3185731/lastpass-is-scrambling-to-fix-another-serious-vulnerability.html#tk.rss_all
theregister.co.uk/2017/03/21/lastpass_vulnerabilities/

Can you explain where to find and how to make the keyfile required for KeePass DX (mobile version of KeePass from F-Droid)?

Just use graph paper

>more likely to have your account compromised by a database dump

Using a long password (when the site correctly implements password hashing) makes it effectively impossible to brute force your password even for offline attackers. Your comment is correct, most likely they'll try a dictionary and then exhaust the keyspace of up to x number of characters, then move on to a new leaked db. If your password is long enough, then they likely won't crack it. And if they do, having a manager to use a different password on each site means the only account that's compromised is that site, which hopefully you've already changed if the leak was discovered.

I think the only networking that keypass has is checking for updates.
I trust it.

for me, its bitwarden.

FIREFOX SYNC
I
R
E
F
O
X

S
Y
N
C

also there is app for android called 'firefox lockbox'

No he said keepass is not botnet, lastpass is.

Offline - good
Online - zionist botnet

how is lastpass botnet? what do they do?

Why not just use pass which is just a wrapper for encrypting each password as a gpg file? And use git to synchronize? Why make life more complicated than it needs to be when these simple, tried and tested tools exist and have stood the test of time?

because I use a mac at work and a windows partition for gayming

>how is lastpass botnet? what do they do?
Just by their service being proprietary is enough to not even consider it. And of all things a proprietary password manager... You are essentially storing your passwords on God knows whose servers.