BMI thread

BMI thread
You can use this: nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmi-m.htm
I start
>20.7

Attached: woman-losing-weight-260nw-267552617.jpg (390x280, 16K)

The problem with BMI is that you can't tell whether it's fat or muscle mass

Also,
>Español
The absolute state.

Im pretty amazed if you are honest

188cm and 80 kg

I still want to gain about 10kg tho

>The problem with BMI is that you can't tell whether it's fat or muscle mass
This. Lots of powerlifters and even ripped bodybuilders would be obese according to BMI scale.

Attached: forbidden.jpg (960x540, 65K)

I think this is a good question for Jow Forums considering the stereotypes

5'8 135 20.6
I use debian

Attached: Screenshot_20190421-153433_Gallery.jpg (720x1480, 534K)

I have the highest one so far, didnt expect that.
176cm 64kg
>am i fat?

Yeah but how many people are actually bodybuilders or powerlifters? It’s gotta be less than like 2% of the population so BMI is on average accurate enough to ise

186cm×89kg

29.0 BMI.

6'3" @ 232lbs. The sad part is I've never seen somebody this height at this weight be fat. Whether they're beyond ripped or no muscle and all fat, they're still only slightly chunky at most. Just on the cusp that you wouldn't call them thin.

I'm mostly muscle. Est around 14-15% bf.

My ideal weight is supposed to be 69

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-30-23-17-25-250_com.xiaomi.hm.health.png (1080x1920, 152K)

90% of people who have a BMI over 25 are overweight

BUT there are people with BMI under 25 that have too much fat, i.e. skinnyfat people with BMI of 24 might still be unhealthy because they carry it around their waist

>Normal BMI
>Lighter than 91% of people

Attached: sammich.jpg (500x667, 40K)

46%

I use arch btw

It's probably of all the people that have bought one of those scales

You know, because fat people usually buy scales

Body fat?

I'm 6'4" and at 227 lbs I was overweight

so I decided to start working out, I'm 191 and 16% BF measured by DXA scan, you have 40 lbs of muscle more than me, which is possible, but you are literally strength athlete tier if you are the same body fat as me, shorter AND heavier

I guess you're probably slightly higher BF than you think

El Gigante

easy

Attached: 1536528279794.png (242x395, 17K)

It's easy when you're eastern European and haven't seen anyone fat under 50 until you came to North America

lmaoing at manlets itt

Actually im from the country with the highest obesity in the EU

>188cm
>80kg
damn, start to eat, dude

Maybe. My squat is 385 1rm, bench is 300 1rm(tore a ligament in my chest I can't bench anymore) I can OHP 215. My BF probably is a little higher but my legs are massive including my calves. I've been fighting and training most of my life starting from 7. I recently quit private security for a new field that has more.upwards potential.

Jow Forums is full with athletes

190cm
75kg
It’s difficult to really bulk in Japan.

I'm 175 cm and 74,5 kg. I almost have six pack visible. Bmi (24) puts me on the edge of being overweight.

I gotta ask, though. Same guy BTW. What are we defining as overweight? I don't have a 6pack anymore but I don't have a guy either by far. Enough fat to hide the 4 bottom chunks but the top two are visible.

What is the definition of overweight? Unsightly? I'm thin and built if you look at me clothed but overweight when I take my shirt off? I think if you're starting to muffin top a shirt or got big ole love handles is when you're starting to get overweight. Neither of which I'm at that point yet.

i mean i eat alot and i work out at the gym but i just don't gain much weight

at 196 my squat was 285, dl 335, bp 215, ohp 135

so you're quite a bit stronger than me, but you're not that strong, my buddy is 165 and has better lifts than you (except for that OHP), you're a bit more fat than you think

I had an unhealthy "tire" around my midsection which is proven to cause health issues

even if you look good you can have too much fat around your organs

if your waist measurement (circumference) is more than half your height, you have too much belly fat

I'm a 33 inch waist at 76 inches height, I'd be overfat at around 38 inches waist

21.1: 5'5, 127lbs

COPE
go to the gym instead of trying to justify the way you look
not surprising because the average Jow Forums poster (at least the old ones) are usually a jack of trades with a 10% boost in one hobby because if you browse here long enough you end up lurking every board and if you were of the old Jow Forums mindset you would instantly try to understand the hobby by absorbing as much info as possible via arguing, lurking and jumping in at the deep end which led to anons strength training, listening to avant garde music, reading classics and books with difficult prose etc

180cm
~81KG
25 BMI

I look skinny as fuck with a tiny waist yet have an almost overweight BMI. The fuck?

but this is also not an ideal measure, since I'm lanky, so I might be overfat at a lower waist

waist to hip ratio should be at most 0.9 for men and 0.85 for women

basically, anything over 20% body fat is less than ideal, when measured by DEXA scan (different standards for women of course)

4cm shorter
17kg less

Had the same issue - I ate couple times a day and couldn't gain. Finally I went balls to the wall with food. I eat lunch, I eat 2 pastries during day, drink protein shake with 300 ml of milk, snack on sausage we call kabanos, eat dinner in the evening (pasta, chicken, pesto) plus yoghurt with oats and some nuts. I also do intermittent fasting most of the week. Gained almost 4 kg in 2 months while going to gym 4 days a week (tue, thr, sat, sun). Went from 71 to 74,5 kg (175cm). Not much deposited on my belly since I still have V shape on my abs.

>waist to hip ratio is .9 for men and .85 for women
Is this true? I'm and my waist is 27in and my hips are 37in which gives me a ratio of .73

This thread was moved to