/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mark Ass Brownie Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1539186806881.png (900x1200, 2.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cafe.naver.com/anycallusershow/2898953
youtube.com/watch?v=O6D66-zzV7E
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/09/ios-12-on-the-iphone-5s-iphone-6-plus-and-ipad-mini-2-its-actually-faster/
youtu.be/eP3anEKz5ik
youtu.be/9_z0XuElERM
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s-8150.php
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&nHeightMax=145&nWidthMax=72&nRamMin=3000
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Redmi-3S,Samsung-Galaxy-S10e/phones/10200,11114
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did he take that with his """free""" Oneplus 7 Pro sample? That looks amazing, what a game changer, Oneplus wins again.

anyone here have one of these?
thoughts? it's one of the cheapest """flagship""" phones you can get in my country right now and the no bezel meme is p tempting

Attached: file.png (220x293, 103K)

Poorfag containment thread.

I just canceled my google fi, anyone know how long until the cancellation is official and my number gets transfered back to Google voice?

This thread is illegitimate..
I don't like the look of that guy in the picture.

>SD 675
>4500 mah battery
>small notch, small chin
>headphone jack
>400 euro or so
oy vey, samsung a70 looks like a beast, release when?
Why the fuck cant nokia do a similar release with stock android?
Fuck

Samsung did it again

Attached: externalFile.jpg (740x987, 380K)

based Samsung helping you buy a Xiaomi.

The newest Snapchat update said it was rebuilt to be faster but it is actually slower and dissent even detect my nav bar so it covers up the chat box and has other big glitches.

Attached: fddfd964-46ec-46cb-a5ab-da171827bb24.jpg (960x1280, 292K)

Post pape pls

How good do you think the mi mix 3 5G will be with the extra 600 mAh battery?
Its the exact same size but has a much larger battery but the Mi Mix 3 original has battery life comparable to the OP6T which has a 4000mAh battery
If you just use it for 4G, which is really all 90% of people, wouldn't it last forever if the normal Mi Mix 3 lasts roughly a day and a half? Just turn off the 5G cancer and get the ultimate upgrade to an already solid phone right?

Attached: 1453874971165.png (652x640, 286K)

At least Samsung is owned by South Korea - Nokia is owned by China...

>Nokia is owned by China...
It's a Finnish company, the HQ is in Finland

if your snapchat isn't running on iPhone it'll run like shit

>WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>HOW COME NO ONE LIKES THE PHONE I'M SHILLING
>WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJ

meanwhile a chinkphone with those specs is 200€

cafe.naver.com/anycallusershow/2898953

Totally not Chinese.

Attached: nokia-7-plus-64gb-black-copper-4gb-ram-.jpg (684x1422, 155K)

>Espoo, Finland

It's from a Pixel 3, retard.

>deliberately not reading the made in China text

Why are they like this?

Attached: IMG_20190430_031226.jpg (944x653, 65K)

what's your point? Doesn't make the company Chinese even if they manufacture their shit there

Attached: LIeUniI.jpg (1822x925, 204K)

>general went from Bryci to kawaiinigger

>Doesn't make the company Chinese even if they manufacture their shit there
You're just arguing semantics.

Attached: 77c3391f92bbf2fee85fb3f2d29e8a223752fd89_full.jpg (184x184, 6K)

>using snapshit at all

If your criteria for whether a company is Chinese or not is where their products are manufactured then pretty much every company is Chinese, including companies such as Google and Apple. But that's not widely accepted usage, usually a company's "nationality" is considered to be the country they're headquartered in.

Chinese means born, conceived and. Ade in China entirely. That's it. No one likes dog turd tier phones. Chinee shit. I'm buying a Galaxy

need to get a new phone tomorrow, money isn't an issue, i just want the best performing one. looks like my options are a s10+ or huawei p30?

P30 Pro

Definitely not the S10+ if it's the Exyshit version

Whatever...

Mi 9 or the P30 Pro

How come chinee Huawei has better cameras than a Samsung? The P30 Pro is cheaper than the S10+ in my country.

Mi 9 or wait for Pocophone f2 or none and get Pocophone f1

Xiaomi phones aren't water resistant, right?

daily reminder that there isn't a single phone that isn't botnet trash, the only phone worth a dime for any Jow Forumsentooman might be the pinephone coming up by the end of this year
PS- you don't get laid nearly often enough to justify giving your data away to fakebook Inc

Which smartphone has a longer lifespan, Galaxy or iPhones? Smartphones were so bad back in 2012 that I switched back to my flip phone. I don't want to buy something that becomes a laggy piece of shit after a year. I want to keep it until I can no longer use it.

How do your phones magically lag after a few years? My mom's old j7 is working just as good today as it was a few years back. Literal memes

>Smartphones were so bad back in 2012

F2 will almost certainly have a larger battery and a headphone jack. If those aren't that important to you get the Mi9.
No official IP rating, there is splash resistance though.

They are not, but I was asking too, not answering you. But honestly the only things that I don't like about P30 pro is the Kirin CPU and probably the price compared to Mi 9. If water resistance is a concern for you, don't get a chinkphone.

How much do you think Pooco F2 is gonna cost?

Huawei

iPhones. the 5S from 2013 is still getting iOS updates, Samsung phones only get 2 to 3 years.

>inb4 iOS updates slow the phone down
provably false
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/09/ios-12-on-the-iphone-5s-iphone-6-plus-and-ipad-mini-2-its-actually-faster/

>inb4 throttling
can be disabled from the settings

Mi Mix 3

>daily reminder that there isn't a single phone that isn't botnet trash, the only phone worth a dime for any Jow Forumsentooman might be the pinephone coming up by the end of this year
Yeah, just like how that Librem 5 overpriced piece or half baked garbage is coming?
youtu.be/eP3anEKz5ik
youtu.be/9_z0XuElERM
I don't want either to fail, but these are just not ready and you're taking this too far.

>can be disabled from the settings
Yeah, and you have random shutdowns if you do that. Good deal!

My bet is half the price of OP7 Pro, just to fuck with them

There are more to smartphones than Galaxies and iPhones.
>I don't want to buy something that becomes a laggy piece of shit after a year.
I don't think you can unless you deliberately buy 5 year old hardware - meaning 32bit quad core SoCs, 2 GB of RAM which plagued Android with lag no matter what you did.

i do. pretty good, can't complain.
ama

Did the OP 7 Pro came out already? How much is it?

oh and btw use a custom rom, stock is shit.

What's the best alternative to Pocophone with a better camera? Budget is under 400 dollars.

I've read reviews about it but a lot of them don't like the software (EMUI or smth)

5s gets supported for 6 years? that's impressive

I'm worried about the camera though

Pixels and Oneplus aren't available here. There's 4 chinkphones (xiaomi, huawei, oppo, vivo) and then there's apple and samsung

Meizu 16th

I
HATE
TECH
NIGGER
ᕙ(͡° ͡°)ᕗ

Based.

Not yet, official announcement is May 14th, it'll probably launch the week after. Leaked price was $800 I think.

Where can I order the Mi 9 with the Global ROM with shipping to the EU, so that I don't deal with customs?

Honorbuy or Mi global store and HK Goldway on AliExpress

if you're getting random shutdowns it's time to replace the battery

>if you're getting random shutdowns it's time to replace the battery
I'm not, because I'm not keen on letting the manufacturer decide when it's the time to do that.

Check amazon.it or amazon.es, they often have EU-wide shipping

Why can't the nerds come up with a stable and flawless port of gcam for Oneplus???

>Can't replace it because it's sealed in.
LOOK AT THIS HOMO
CAN'T EVEN BUY A NEW BATTERY AND GET IT REPLACED AT HIS LOCAL PHONE SHOP

Fucking faggot boomer making his dogshit exaggerated examples lol

Are there any good 4 inch modern phones? I miss my redmi 3s, my tiny babby hands can't handle my Note 5 with a case on and I don't like how much pocket space it takes up either

Thinking about upgrading from my oneplus 3 to the oneplus 7 pro.

Anything I should know? Is it true that there is no 5g networks in America and never will be? Thanks anons

Attached: 1516748243137.jpg (1080x1354, 1.16M)

iPhone SE or XZ1 Compact is the closest you'll get to a modern 4" phone

Seriously?
I wonder if you can still buy 3s' new anywhere, I might just go back and install some lighter weight ROM, big phones are fucking stupid

Another question would be: can the 5g battery just be put into the 4g mix 3? Or have they deliberately designed it to not be possible?

5G is thicker to accommodate the battery, so no.

sweet.
battery life on a regular day of use (not mostly standby)?

the 3S is 5.0" though?

Is it? I must be remembering wrong, whatever size it was it was much more manageable than my current phone,

you can check it on gsmarena:
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s-8150.php

Here's a search for phones that are similar in size to the Redmi 3S (within a few millimeters):
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&nHeightMax=145&nWidthMax=72&nRamMin=3000

Phonearena has a vizual phone size comparison tool which is also quite useful:
phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Redmi-3S,Samsung-Galaxy-S10e/phones/10200,11114

Hows night cam and gcam

Fuck 5G, just get it

Best (cheap) Phone that has good battery, decent camera, headphone, STOCK (or close to) Android, that costs less then $400?

Just buy the XZ1C bro, better hardware than the Redmeme.
Pixel 3 bro

Nokia 7 Plus or 8.1

Wait for Pixel 3a, it's launching in a week's time

It's hot garbage. He should get the Nokia or the Pixel 3.

>hot garbage
based on what? at least it has a headphone jack unlike the regular Pixel 3

Tell me why doesn't it have in-display fingerprint sensor?
WHY?! FUCKIGN WHY YOU CHINK JEW FAGGOTS WHY?!

Attached: 9362c.jpg (200x313, 13K)

Galaxy A40 or A7? Or is there something better in the 250 price range? No chink brands.

How hard is it to unlock a 2019 android phone ?

> Or is there something better in the 250 price range?
Redmi Note 7

>Nokia 7 Plus
I'll look into them, my current one is Pixel 1, then first gen, but its broken now, it just freeze and reboots over and over again.

depends entirely on what phone it is.

Im planning to buy galaxy a70 because i like display size and battery. Also snapdragon 675 looks good on benchmarks.

Just said, no chink shit

then KYS

Shit specs for the price and no front firing speakers.

Fuck off, Jacky Ching Huang

One of the best phones you can buy RN, well featured and tough as heck

Attached: nokia-8-aprovecha-meses-sin-intereses-mica-de-regalo-D_NQ_NP_777340-MLM27723468187_072018-F.jpg (640x650, 60K)