USSF Recommendation

Hey Jow Forums I wanted a suggestion from you guys..

I've been thinking about purchasing an HP G2 mini from flee-bay, I would throw an m2. drive in there and an additional ssd 2.5 drive in, its already got its ram maxed out. I would be using this machine for basically multimedia (viewing) working on photoshop, and light adobe premier stuff. How fair do you think the price is for these specs. I know theres a whole slew of cases out there and i can build my on build etc etc, but a lot of the shit seems like overpriced garbage shilling Jow Forumssff community.

The specs for this are the following:
Processor Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 32 GB DDR4 ( 2 x 16GB )
Hard Drive Installed 128 GB SSD
Graphics Controller Intel HD Graphics 530
Interfaces 6 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x Headphone/Microphone, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x VGA, 2 x Displayport

the guyis asking for $525 (I've already got an nvme m.2 512 WD black and a samsung ssd 2.5 sitting idle.what do you Jow Forumsuys think? worth it for something i can toss in a bag and move around or go through a new built with newer parts, i don't need a heavy workhorse and max /gay/men just good ability to display videos/ editing/ maybe some wdg stuff

Attached: file.png (1600x1061, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158064
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They sell for a lot less than $525 user, but they go fast when cheap. Keep watching ebay. Also search Thinkcentre mini, Dell Optiplex 3040 mini etc

Avoid ANYTHING intel right now, ESPECIALLY skylake. Unless you for some reason WANT your SSD to become slow as balls.

What you REALY want is this:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158064

Just slap in a $99 2200G and 2 sticks of RAM $50-100, the SSD, and you're good to go. As a big bonus you get a 1337 iGPU on top of FULL SSD performance. You're welcome.

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

idk about the G2 but I got my barebones G1 for only £40, so lmao you are getting ass raped with that price, even with maxed out cpu and ram.

yeah i had the same feeling about the price. I asked him to shave off a $100 and he said it was too much, I guess ill wait

the cpu makes the SSD slow? didn't know that.

Mainly has to do with the 30+ security mitigations that you're required to have on an intel system. Half of them wreck I/O/core performance in a multitide of workloads. AMD ryzen based processors also have some of these mitigations but the performance loss is minimal.

This is why companies using intel servers who do anything VM/database related are having full blown panic attacks right now.

Attached: 950_Atto.png (1316x1634, 85K)

I paid 190€ for mine with 16GB RAM, 128GB M.2 SSD and the official Wi-Fi shit.

Keep looking, these are sold mainly to enterprise customers, so you can sometimes find them somewhat cheap in second-hand markets.

These shits overheat a fuckton. Have one at work, would not recommend.

This, is right. The form factor supports the original included 2200/2400g cooler.

Just wait™ for 3400g or whatever in May.

Is it really worth waiting for though? Seems like just a 10% jump in performance maybe.

I really wish something this small existed and was powerful enough, and wasn't shit.

yeah i tend to max out the ram, honestly if i could find a barebones version of it i would, but when doing the numbers it would cost almost as this much.

Why? You know you can download more RAM, right? You said you were gonna use an m.2 + ssd, right? The deskmini anons are talking about has 2 slots underneath the motherboard for sata SSDs. Pic related.

Why not just 16GB of physical RAM and 64GB of virtual RAM from a cheap $20 120GB SSD? That way you'll have 80GB of total RAM.

Attached: a300-31-810x540.jpg (810x540, 42K)

any of you lads used the desk mini before? whats it like as far as throwing it in a bag and leaving etc. every location i tend to go to will have a dual monitor setup or a 4k large format display

Corporate mini PCs exist from all major brands. They're all pretty good for what they are.

Tell him to keep the SSD and ask for 425 but settle at >470

This. I even have something similar to OPs pic and its pretty good considered what it is. Takes less space than a notebook as well.

lol he won't budge for less than $525. I told him he could keep the SSD. oh well. I really like the footprint. it's a shame we can't settle.

lmao at sellers who play the "I know what I have" card on computer hardware.

bump for non Reddit tier ultra small form factor PC's