Be tech company

>be tech company
>set your HQ in commiefornia
>taxes are most of the highest in the nation, which cuts into profits
>you are forced to give your employees more money and benefits while having high payroll taxes (which cuts into profits)
>diversity hiring and "diversity officers are a must if you dont want to get raped by lawsuit after lawsuit, so you hire people who wont bring any real value to your company, which cuts into your profits big time.
>your employees are either retarded "nerdy" libs or h1b pajeets so you need to invest more resources than usual to achieve your goals,which cuts into your profits.
Why would you set your HQ in california?

Attached: Screenshot_20190430-115730_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 913K)

It's for idiots like Apple tards who want to be "rich" and "progressive" so they live in a libtard shithole with all the other attention whores and get bled dry by the government

wrong board, dumb fuck

you forgot Jow Forums

>create a company named 'riot'
>surprised when you have a riot
What a riot.

to hire smart asians

Underrated

Companies think that if they shit inches away from each other they can become good friends and take over the world with gay fairy dust.

I've never understood why a software firm FEELS it needs traditional offices with co-located employees all commuting to work daily so they can be bossed around by middle-management.
You don't even have to pay them full-time or give benefits if you keep them on as 1099 scrubs.

>>be tech company
>>set your HQ in commiefornia
>>taxes are most of the highest in the nation, which cuts into profits
>>you are forced to give your employees more money and benefits while having high payroll taxes (which cuts into profits)
>>diversity hiring and "diversity officers are a must if you dont want to get raped by lawsuit after lawsuit, so you hire people who wont bring any real value to your company, which cuts into your profits big time.
>>your employees are either retarded "nerdy" libs or h1b pajeets so you need to invest more resources than usual to achieve your goals,which cuts into your profits.
>Why would you set your HQ in california?

I can confirm that there are diversity hires because my ex was a tranny and s(he) had a job in riot

>ask vidya questions in interviews for vidya jobs
>get accused of sexism
california was a mistake

lol

This article isn't even that bad, I tried reading that kotaku one on how ebil and sexist riot is and holy fuck, how has noone shot them? I mean seriously, I'd bet my life savings that in the next 10 years without significant media change, some disgruntled code monkey on a prozac and caffiene binge is going to say enough is enough and snap, before either slaughtering all of his diverse coworkers or going into diverse kotaku and delivering the same. When it happens I'm gonna bust a gut laughing

Attached: terrydidit.jpg (769x1000, 257K)

>quoting the entire OP for no reason
>dating faggots
go erp on fortnite discords

>Why would you set your HQ in California?
Incredibly high concentration of talent.

lol

Did she have a nice dick?

Unironically kill yourself

I'm assuming LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION is the only answer. There's the obvious Silicon Valley explanation and everything related to it, but there's a reason companies and families are ditching California. At the current rate at which California is going, it's going to be nothing but a haven for rich liberals with no common sense and unfortunate wageslaves who need to live there.

California and Silicon Valley are so shit it's not even funny. My buddy actually had a job offer for $130k a year + benefits if he was willing to move/live in California. To get an apartment within 15 minutes of the new job, he'd be paying $3500 a month in rent alone just for an 1100 sq. ft. studio apartment. This doesn't even take into consideration other costs of living. All in all, he'd be making less take home after cost of living than he currently is working for $75k a year.

a 15 minute commute isn't realistic even in better run cities

Nearly all of Riot's artists work in their offices locally. It's not a meme.

You're implying people with talent live in California but it's not that simple. Big companies are there, so being hired by them means you have to live there. Problem is, it doesn't make much sense since you're paying out the ass for the privilege of working. What's worse is the state itself has the lowest quality of life in the entire US and is the most cucked with it's policies. California is a talent leech, it doesn't nurture talent at all unless you're some millionaires kid who got to live in LA without worrying about money his whole life. Everything that makes California attractive is rooted in elitist society and nepotism and only applies to Jew Boomers in the Bay area.

I'll never understand these companies doing this.

I live in California and have a PhD in Mathematics. I can get ANY job I want at 300k starting to boot. Apply yourself instead of complaining about how you would be too poor to live in "commiefornia" because you reek of jealousy.

calm down, wetback

Logistics. Everyone is there. Meetings are easier, parties are easier, collusion between companies is easier

kek

Attached: 1466733051001.jpg (2000x2000, 974K)

Why do you even need local talent? You're not making a physical good or commodity.

That doesn't mean much when people shit on your front lawn, and half of what you make goes to the state to defend people shitting on your lawn.

>I can get ANY job I want at 300k starting to boot
Why not just say you're working a whatever job and making whatever amount instead of making it obvious you're just LARPing

They moved there. Most of the best production art schools are out in Asia and I'm willing to bet many artists in the various entertainment industries are Asian transplants, not native californians

A 1100 sq ft studio apartment is pretty damn big if you're living alone. Usually they're like 600-900 sq ft, so he's definitely paying premium for more space.

It matters to companies and exec's who want to meet up quietly to discuss how to stop talent poaching so they can de facto freeze salaries, very illegally, long enough that the money they saved from their scheme outweighs the penalty they pay when they get caught. Illegal or borderline illegal activities between companies are the top reasons companies, but most importantly headquarters, congregate

Nobody WANTS to live California. Certainly lots of envious anons would drop everything to go work at Big Tech, but as for the state itself nobody is jealous you live in the state with the lowest quality of life, highest rent, and most libtarded laws. The fact people "have" to move there is exactly why so many people complain about it. Where is this resentment for New York City or any other location? They all have their downsides, but none get hated as much as Commiefornia because it's literally the worst place in the entire county to live if you don't shit money and aren't indoctrinated to be a good goy.

Tons of people want to live in commiefornia. You dont have to deal with alt white racists all the time, weather is great, and theres tons of bougie attractions. The only problems are the homeless and high living costs

Back to pol

Attached: 1526949005910.jpg (866x900, 124K)

Newfags

Attached: 1526111107964.jpg (433x427, 86K)

A lot of people literally do

Yeah and most people are stupid, your point? If it weren't for movies, I guarantee California would be seen for what it is a lot more.

the daily kek right here from Jow Forums

>You dont have to deal with alt white racists all the time
Way to completely invalidate your post. Not being liberal, just declaring you're the type of liberal who's scared of conservative boogeymen.

>coming to a nepalese basket weaving forum to lie about having a degree
I bet you don't even live in cali

spbp s&h