Is the opensource programming philosophy just a fad?

Attached: 1556571512739.gif (282x167, 281K)

Yeah, libre software has a longer and better track record.

it's all the same

Free software is virtue-signaling vanity.

The sole reason people have spare time and ressources to dedicate to free software is because the surplus from our capitalist society enables them to do so.

Taken to it's logical conclusion, the whole "free" philosophy cannot be applied at large to society because the system would collapse.

Therefore, it leads me to conclude that it is a vanity pet project to stroke the ego of some old jew with small peen. (obligatory anti-semitic remark)

What makes you consider that it's a fad?

Nah, open source is marketing of the already-defeated. Cabals always win.

Software development is selfish first and foremost. Cooperation just makes everyone else's selfishness mutually pay off. This also enables competition from closed stuff in the shorter term, which is all anyone ever wanted anyway.

Pez dispensers were a greater contribution to humanity than any open source program.

Windows a great operating system that is way more stable than linux. The only problem with Windows is that it is a backdoor. The solution to that is political and not technological. If the citizenry of this country were more involved in their own politics, there wouldn';t be shit like that allowed.

Reddit spacing yet anti semetic rhetoric

Attached: 1545687522359.png (784x740, 427K)

I'm not even mad, just disappointed.

don't forget r/dolan originated its own wave of reddit babies, it doesn't sound like his heart was in it though.

>Windows a great operating system that is way more stable than linux.
You still can't update windows without a restart

The billions of dollars windows users paid are being directly transfered to Africa via the Bill Gates Foundation.

Thanks to his clean water, sanitation and food programs, the African population will likely double in the next 50 years. 5 billion Africans that will emmigrate here and enrich our culture!

All thanks to you windows users! Thank you for paying your windows african tax on every new PC so that we may import Africa everywhere on this earth!

"open source" is a workmodel not a license, ideology or phylosophy.

Kinda hard for corporate cocksuckers and braindead /v/ faggots to understand, I know.

I hope they don't follow that request.
We don't need pubic hair in Blender.

Thanks for educating us, wristlet!

Your girlfriend : "Is it in?"

If the solution isn't viable it's not a solution retard

It's not viable because Americans are too divided and complacent to be active politically.

Bunch of retards.

*tip*

"the sole reason people have spare time and resources to dedicate to cooking for their family is because the surplus from our capitalist society enables them to do so"

This is how dumb you sound. As you have correctly identified, not all labor in a capitalist society is organized by capital. But that doesn't mean that all labor in a capitalist society only occurs because of capital.

Also, there are people are paid by a capitalist wage labor system to write free software.

Open-source and free software ruined the value of programmers in the world.

LMAO

No, it was a combination of your lack of skills combined with third world code monkeys who could do your job better and cheaper than you.
>that fucking butthurt.

Attached: 3F5F2A0E00000578-4423812-image-a-36_1492584218197.jpg (634x423, 61K)

>he actually has less value than a pajeet
I'm sorry, but you should probably start accepting your fate as a cagie.

this literally the dumbest thread on this fucking board right now

thanks for the free work man your code got me a bonus this year