Hello, how can a retard(i really am) learn to code...

Hello, how can a retard(i really am) learn to code? I have plenty of free time and my life is going nowhere so i thought since i already have a computer i might as well learn to code right? What language/tutorial/book do you recommend, what non language specific videos/books do you have for me? Thanks for you time Jow Forumsorillas.

Attached: mybrain.jpg (704x396, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=duhDovqHbEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I also have a mechanical keyboard.

google learn to code
install gentoo
Thank me later, god speed user

nvm figured it out

youtube.com/watch?v=duhDovqHbEs

Find some python video tutorial. I think most people should be able to learn python.

Is Gentoo really that good, what about KUBUNTU/KDE whatever that is, i'm a winlet.
No, i didn't.
Are his other videos recommended?
Is that language retardproof, what about JAVA and C#?

>Is Gentoo really that good
Why else would people on here constantly be recommending Gentoo? Install and it return once you've done that because if you can't even install Gentoo you have no future in programming

Using a VM for it counts?

Java and C# are a bit harder. Also Python has built in libraries that will help you to do interresting stuff quickly.
I think most people would agree that python is one of the easiest or the easiest language that exists. Except for toy languages that are never actually used.

he is obv trolling

What about JavaScript?

I told you i am retarded.

JavaScript is ok, but you can basically only do web development then.
You will also need additional stuff like html and css and probably a server.
I think python will be easier overall and more fun.

Is there even anything besides webdev?
Embedded is almost non-existent in my country.
Not OP btw.

OP I'm in your situation
I have no computer skills, I have all the time in the world and I want to develop a valuable skill

but this isn't the way to do it
You don't get anywhere in life by asking for help, people are too busy trying to help themselves.
There's no walkthrough, you just have to figure it out on your own

Here's my plan
>improve maths skills - this will improve my ability to think logically
>learn to code with easy coding languages
>learn about the industry
>learn the rest of what needs to be learned
>get a job

install gentoo

Sure. With Python for example you can do things like data science. Then there is mobile development, or good old desktop development.
Many desktop or mobile programs have some online component, but it's not real webdev.

I know bud, the problem is there's so much stuff out there i'm having a hard time filtering out the crap from the good stuff since i have no clue. I found C# for Beginners guide on youtube but it seems like BS, it's only 7 hours long.

I will.

Python is pretty good for new niggers. What's got you interested in coming all of a sudden op?

No point of learning code.

7 hours isn't that short for a beginner course.
You can also get a free month on linkedin learning, the tutorials are often better than YT, just don't forget to cancel the subscription.

why? just go work as a laborer or something bro

You can also download the videos, there is even a python script that will automatically download them somewhere on github.

I don't know, im never happy anymore, maybe learning and creating something will help me.

Have your about Bil Clinton and the Monica Lewinsky stuff?

I think just diving into anything at this stage is a good move
from there the guy teaching will probably say something like
>it's a bit harder than x but not as hard as y
and from there you can figure out which one is suitable to learn
and once you learn one language, it'll be easier to learn the rest

Either start with python because it's easy, or C if you are serious about being a competent programmer, starting with a language with not that much syntax and not strongly typed will probably teach you a ton of bad habits, C retards are annoying as shit but once you get the hang of it you can learn pretty much any other language. Also helps that most programming books will probably have some references and comparisons to C and knowing those can help learning new shit aswell, but python is absolutely fine too if C looks too jarring for you.

Didn't know about linkedin learning, thanks.

Work construction and program on the weekends for fun. It is a much better life than spending 18hrs a day in front of a keyboard for the rest of your existence.

>Are his other videos recommended?
Depends on what you're interested in. I think his videos on Go basics were pretty good.

arch linux>>>>>>>gentoo