>Bose
>Beats
>AudioQuest
>Behringer
>Avantree
>UnderArmour

Incel Tier:
>STAX

Attached: audeze girl 2.jpg (2048x1366, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Loctite-50ml-Threadlocker-Medium-Strength/dp/B00W3HS60E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for END GAME

Attached: 8CC15DDC-617B-43BF-9FA7-EB066DC52D95.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

What Dac is that and is it any good?

Budget: 250-325 USD
Source: A walkman and the "phones" port of my preamp
Type: Full sized
Open
Comfort level: Comfortable
Past headphones: AKG K240, they felt pretty comfortable and I liked the ability to replace the cable but its not essential.

Only DAC you need is a fiio e03k or if you wanna be fancy and get something high end a khadas tone board.

wew lad

I'm going to sell my LCD-2, HE500, HD660S, HD650, DT990, schiit stack, dac x6, and dragonfly black to buy a SRS-3100 system and a ~$500 keyboard build.
Should I get vesper audio pads or is the foam stuff sufficient?

Attached: IMG_20180524_131935-01.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

>no usb
no buy.

Why wouldn't anyone want to buy your old greasy headphones?
I mean look at the stains on the DT990...

You're a pig.

how much money do you want to spend? a fiio e10k, topping d10, topping d30, khadas tone board would all be completely transparent. Just depends on your budget.

I've seen far worse condition beyers sell. DT990 isn't stained by the way user!
You can have them for $70 if you want :)

smartest thing I’ve read since someone suggested I buy stax

How much for the lcd2

Attached: IMG_20190430_190330.jpg (4000x3000, 1.13M)

The headband has to be tightened every fucking week. You don't want it. They are between $500 and $600 on ebay.
It sounds worse than an EQ'd HD650 btw.

Oh ok I wanted some good planars so I was considering those
What should I get instead? Someone said hifiman he1000 but no way in hell im paying that much

>tightened
huh?

Also what are you doing buying a 500 dollar keyboard
I've been through 300 dollar boards and I ended up settling on a $150 wasd with zealios

he1000 is one of those andromeda-tier meme headphones that are objectively shit but the early adoptors started a many year long wave of biased half assed opinions being spread so that they could avoid buyers remorse.
You could get an HE-4XX if you want a planar for whatever reason. There is a freely available EQ to make it's frequency response ideal and it has good aftermarket headband and earpad compatibility all while being cheap itself.

Is LCD2 Classic better than the regular one?

Ye I have stax already and I tried those Russian planars and they're not that bad. Just needs new pads really.
But I wanna try new planars but all of them suck for some reason, at least according to people here.
I do like the 0 distortion like electrostats, so planars seem like a cool thing to add to the collection.

Keyboards are a much more fun hobby than headphones until I can afford what I need to build my own, like a good measuring rig and a pile of chassis/drivers/damping materials.
Planning on buying and desoldering a varmillo sword, installing PTFE powder lubed cream housing+TTC half-silent red stem+sprit 63.5g spring switches, and maybe GMK WoB or possibly some dyesubs from epbt. Not sure on caps yet. I too have expensive keyboards but I don't know in the fuck you tried good boards and ended up using a MX tactile switch? anyway we're off topic. i just wanna know if i need to set aside money for the vesper pads as I know the stock l300 ones are shit but that stuffing them with foam improves them, i just don't know how much it improves them.

On the bottom of the posts that the gimbals are attached to there is a screw. On the left side it loosens itself slowly over a week until that side's earcup can freely rotate which then makes them sit oddly on your head and dramatically weakens the seal. This is annoying because you don't always notice it at first and the only thing audeze are good at is a strong ass seal on 99% of heads.
but hey at least the drivers didnt rupture yet, hopefully they don't before i ship.

a table of mediocrity

I tried a Leopold for topre, didn't like the inconsistent rubber feel.
Tried buckling spring, too loud.
Black Space invaders catch too often.
Mx clears are a bit too sludgy on the downstroke.
Reds were too short travel.
BTC dome were short travel and no tactility, idk where the hell that meme came from.
Mx blues were way too loud. Tactile bump was ok.
Mx browns are too scratchy.
So I found a board with zealios and that's what I like ^.^

Negative IQ post.

I have two topre boards and don't notice any inconsistencies. If I were doing nothing but typing like an essay I use my topre.
No issues with loud boards for me, no one to bother. My coolermaster pbt s with Box pale blues is a fun novelty but I know buckling spring sounds way worse and louder. I get why you passed up on that.
For linears you didn't say if you lubed them which isnt optional. My 980m has gateron black stems and springs in cherry housings with 3204 lube and I really like it.
Also red's have the same travel distance as zealios, they're both 4mm.
you're right about that! the eq'd sennheisers sound the best.

>buying a $500 keyboard
>buying Stax in 2019

Wew lad this is some next level autism

Attached: Trump winning.png (1440x1115, 1.93M)

It may be because I had to maintain that topre board because the enter key started binding. So the rubber was sticking to the PCB. Ain't dealing with it anymore. Ended up selling it.
I didn't lube my zealios. I like them well enough as they are.
Also once you get stax you'll wonder how you managed to use hs650 :p trust me

>looking at stereo receivers and integrated amps
>Amps cost the same or more
>They can do less and have half the power

that’s why you shop separates

SDR-2000, yes.

Attached: CE62DE76-6541-472C-BC37-48B2D5CB71C4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

Leather for hot and humid days
Velour for cold and normal days
Right?

Hey guys, I need a recommendation. I already own a pair of HD600s and now I want to upgrade my shitty 20$ plugs.
Price-to performance is important since I'm a fucking poorfag and every dollar counts.

>Budget
between 50$-100$ (upper limit)
>Location
Austria
>Open/closed back
closed/plugs
>On ear/over ear
IEMs
>Sound signature (if you don't know, what music do you like best?)
preferably neutral for audiobooks and music on the go (using my phone)
>Previous equipment (amps, DACs, etc)
O2 amp (mainly for desktop use)

Attached: eguchi.jpg (474x474, 56K)

Recently got this for $50. Did I do good? This Sennheiser hd579 is my first open back headphones and I can barely tell a difference from my cheap pair of tashcam th-02

Attached: IMG_20190430_232643.jpg (1944x2592, 1.33M)

>try leddit config
>sounds like muffled shit
everytime

Attached: file.png (2559x1079, 1.79M)

>listens to shitty anime music
every time

Channel: all
Preamp: -4.5 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 40 Hz Gain 4.4 dB Q 0.8
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 120 Hz Gain 4 dB Q 2
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 200 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 0.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1900 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 2
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 3300 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 4.8
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 5000 Hz Gain -5 dB Q 2.4
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 7400 Hz Gain 4.5 dB Q 4.8
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 11000 Hz Gain -4 dB Q 1.4
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 10 Hz Gain 4.1 dB Q 1.2
SHP9500
And who said that's the only thing I listen to?

Also, you can only talk shit about me if you own this album. Otherwise, opinion discarded.

Attached: file.png (1652x672, 364K)

i literally could not give less of a shit you fucking inbred douchebag

lmao I really hit a nerve didn't I lad?

Attached: 03b6354c1dc5dc6e053d45897d82515ac3a02144_00.jpg (349x512, 28K)

Tonight what’s everyone listening with?

Me? Campfire Audio Polaris with Woo Audio WA6-SE

Attached: 1A18EDEC-0DDB-4D00-BD81-70C4B842B7ED.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

Tin T2
Final Audio E2000

I noticed the Ether CX up on Massdrop. Does anyone have them? If so, how’s the bass? I’ve heard good things about the imaging and mids/treble, but there seems to be division on the low end. Some say it’s light, others say it thumps.

LCD-2 or HD800? Are dacs snake oil?

1. HD800
2. Are you retarded?

you don’t need a dac, just listen to vinyl and tape

So I wanna equalize my Yamaha HPH-MT5 headphones to turn them into a real studio monitor (that they are described as by the manufacturer). I only found two frequency response measurements, since these headphones are pretty new and not that popular. One is from kopfhoerer.de, the other one is from sonarworks. They massively differ in the bass area, what do you think, which is more accurate?
I think the sonarworks curve looks more realistic because the kopfhoerer.de curve shows +8dB at 25 Hz which I think is false.
I have an NTi noise level meter at home right now (from the acoustic lab at university) but while I can measure the frequency response with that, the head related transfer function is obviously missing by just using a regular mic, so the measurements arent accurate.

Attached: frequencyMT5.jpg (1000x1200, 127K)

>Location
US
>Budget
200-300$
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
At least 6/10
>Sound signature
Warm or bassy. V is okay, not ideal
>Past headphones
HD558. It was nice, but i need closed back now. They were very comfy

Attached: 20190429_005316.jpg (674x616, 129K)

DT770
TH-X00

FEED ME

Attached: muh plankton.jpg (726x711, 50K)

dacs are useless. but test it yourself if you can

>dacs are useless
do you only listen to analog sources?

I'm thinking of getting the dt770pros but do I get 80ohm or 250 ohm for the extra fiver?

Stax already ya moron.

I would trust the Sonarworks measurements. You can even try their equalization program for free and check the results.

>Yeah, I bought the HD 558's without an amp and EQ for extra bass

Attached: 1548747434005.jpg (640x640, 31K)

Found a deal for new Meze Classic at $200.good deal?
Plan to use it with phone and DAP.
Currently using DT770.

If I lick my earcups will they poison me?

I really hope they do.

Attached: photo_2019-04-23_15-44-31 (2).jpg (720x1280, 91K)

What's the cheapest USB-DAC with 0 ohm headphone out and decent sound quality?

XD-05

>XD-05
>200 USD

I should have said my budget is around 50 USD.

>hating on Grado
Shiggy diggy

lol then get a job. Cause 200$ is, pretty cheap.

Grado a shit

I've pulled out my Sennheiser HD800 to try to confirm if the last time I've tried it I had a bad cold causing hearing unbalance, and if it was me rather than the headphone causing unbalance. I've plugged it, and I straight up didn't have sound in the left ear. Turns out the third-party, cheapest on ebay, cable isn't the cause (bought it because the original cable was in terrible condition with some exposed shielding), but rather the XLR to jack adapter I bought to use it on my current amps, thinking, back when I bought the cable, that I would be upgrading to balanced along the line. Except now I don't think I'm going to, since I don't think the gap between the JDSLabs Atom and the Massdrop THX 789 is worth the money. But still, my adapter is kind of fucked up.

Should I bite the bullet and get another cable, or should I just hope the next adapter I get isn't shit ? Or even go straight for a balanced amp ?

bro as if we care what you thnk

Attached: 1532083286041s.jpg (179x170, 4K)

>saving the thumbnail

been using sennheiser 558 for about 5 years now.

What's my next purchase? thanks

>Can't hear
>Thinks he's worth more than a thumbnail

Joke's on you, it's people that can't hear that enjoy Grado headphones because they have high frequency hearing loss.

stacks

>Im a baby who doesn't know how to fix simple things
amazon.com/Loctite-50ml-Threadlocker-Medium-Strength/dp/B00W3HS60E

>massdrop changed their name to just "drop"
Dropped. This is too stupid for me to jive with.

>Dropped
Kek

dropped just dropped these for $500

yes or no?

Attached: 1555560993675.png (719x717, 374K)

>Dropped
>Dropped
>Dropped

SRS-3100

Checked

can someone please tell me if they're good

no more dropped memes please :(

Attached: Capture.png (1443x758, 297K)

They’re piercing treble cannons, but pretty much perfect otherwise, and super easy to drive.

Ridiculous waste of money compared to SRS-3100.

They're alright. Brighter than DT1990 though.

thats fine, im used to the treble on my dt 1990 and my ear drums are already dying

just looking for a portable can, thanks anons

It's open-back, in case you hadn't noticed.

>T1
oh baby you gonna get the full earrape meme experience

damn i thought i was closed, w/e ill buy it anyways

Attached: fortnight epic meme.jpg (288x300, 13K)

i have picrelated (not mine in the pic), from the 90's, the tonearm is very simple and doesn't have counterweight. The needle is entry level and relatively new. Tracking force is around 3, I believe.
Sound quality aside, will this ruin records? I know it is a bad player (not
nearly as bad as those modern ones with builtin amplifier, cd player, usb, speakers etc though) but I got some brand-new lps I love and am excited to play it but won't if it might possible ruin the groves.
I will buy a good TT in about 2~3 months, will it damage the records listening to it in this player in this while?
it is a toshiba sl 3147

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

well well well

Attached: E63DC8FF-FA17-4BBC-86CE-CCEE67ACB030.jpg (3572x2861, 2.14M)

I mean you posted.

gotta admit this week is off to a good start

Attached: C3AD1B21-9B1F-4BDB-8D6B-134BED4F2D74.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

What’s listening with?

Attached: D413080B-567C-49E2-8E31-4013D10E5396.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

>pic related
So I'm Okay-Chad-Tier then I guess.

Attached: headphones.jpg (2688x1512, 1.1M)

I want new headphones for the office (so good noise isolation or canceling) can throw some shekkels at it but like I donno 200-400eu. I see phillips in your chad tier so wondering what models are good by them?

Ignore the OP, just a bot spamming his hipster ranking every thread.
Everyone in this general knows Meze, Audeze and Focal are Beats level of shit, while STAX is the best.

Attached: c61.png (800x750, 106K)

Campfire Audio IO

Attached: D14A8FB0-2386-4D46-AF3D-D4737CB626B9.jpg (4032x3024, 1.12M)

Got a recommendation for STAX then?

No, stax are open and for home. I don't know closed headphones in that price range well enough to make a proper recommendation. The only ones I'm aware of are Audio-Techinca a990z and a1000z which I think are good, but don't know if they will fit your preferences. The portsble msr7 and sr9 might also be ok, but I haven't tried them.

Might check those out then because the stax looked like ass.