Why did social media fail so hard? Wasnt it supposed to benefit us?

Why did social media fail so hard? Wasnt it supposed to benefit us?

Attached: B9CCE651-2555-484D-AB23-EF4D29BA19DD.jpg (640x478, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBOzOVLxbCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No it was supposed to make money. Social media is ads and narcissism nothing more.

Normies got to it

Is your picture not supposed to show their lives being benefited?

average iq in my country is 105 why the fuck are so many dipshits addicted to instagram and watch game of thrones like its the best thing on earth and worship e-celebs and complain about injustice in the world while posting on their phones made by child slaves in asia

Attached: pd,x400,macbook_air_13-bg,ffffff.u2.jpg (558x400, 55K)

Shut up you fucking retard

Here's a secret buddy. You're no better. Jow Forums entertainment is not in any way smarter than TV drama. Watching gay ass streamers is no better than watching gay ass TV shows. You're not special and no, nobody is an "npc", stop thinking you're special you dumb faggot.

Attached: sheeple.png (376x401, 46K)

You're just being a contrarian. Game of thrones is only rivaled by shit like the sopranos, breaking bad, the wire.

Attached: F15ADD1041D9468591B2C286D5030575.jpg (366x401, 58K)

Not when the main reason for the platform to exist is making money off your attention.

nice strawman moron

is this bait

Attached: 1552437296777.gif (480x480, 3.07M)

>average iq in my country is 105
六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 法輪功 Falun Dafa 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 肅清 活摘器官 黑社會 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Хinjiang Uyghur Αutοnοmοus Region 新疆维吾尔自治区

Attached: 1540074596090.jpg (1380x777, 123K)

JOIN MY CULT, the techno-primitivists!

Cult rules:
1. no social media
get irl friends, if you want to stay in touch use a phone or email.
2. no tech in sacred spaces
keep your phone/computer out of the bathroom and off the dining table. These are places for reflection and to talk with friends and family.
3. gardens heal
go on nature walks, tend to a garden, or do other activities that involve the contemplative peace of nature to soften your heart and rejuvenate your soul.

>You're not special
why do redditors think this is an insult?

never got this pasta.

got used to be good but its shit now

It's just a catchall of forbidden words and phrases that people believe get Chinese nationals in trouble, Most of them relate to shit the Chinese government has done to it's citizens or stuff that the chinese gov doesn't want talked about

Winnie the Pooh

I hate it when people who post shit like this as a way of saying
>"hey guys look at how these zoomers are such mindless drones with their heads down hahahaha"
They're obviously texting, every one of these people is talking to 1-5 people in that picture, not having a smartphone in this day and age doesn't make you the only sane person, it just makes you a social reject with no friends

>Wasnt it supposed to benefit us?

no. It just reminded everyone how much they hate other people

ignorance is bliss

>every one of these people is talking to 1-5 people in that picture
do you ever go outside? it's always instagram or some other gay zoomer shit. who the fuck needs to be in contact with their friends at all times anyway

yeah, facebook, instagram, a message will pop up every few seconds, that's what that annoying ding sound is, it's the sound of people talking in the modern age

besides, there's no reason why you wouldn't want to be in contact with friends all the time
The only reason people didn't do so in the past was because it wasn't possible for most people. For all of history rich people spent their entire lives going from party to party, never spending a moment without talking to people

you're so full of shit dude, even my normie gf and her friends aren't constantly texting people

it failed those with lack of frontal cortex development hence lack of control over the lower brain. it's great for harvesting money from the lower tiers of society and may create an evil dictatorship one day. in fact it may have to. you can almost see the drool coming out of the corner of the mouths of those in the pic.

how do you know those other people are not sheep? assuming everyone is like you is the flipside mistake of reason that cartoon is pointing out.

lmao you're being cucked dude, she's not only texting another dude, but she's gossiping about it to all her friends

>phrases that people believe get Chinese nationals in trouble

no "in trouble", but it disconects their internet temporarily

then I'll drop her, I'm cheating on her anyway

You'll regret your entire life about 5 years from now

I remember studying in that building. Fuck I'm getting old.

(even though you can use https on Jow Forums)

where is that?

I regret your entire life right now

lol nice

Attached: 1554163383673.jpg (1110x1239, 152K)

SAC building at UT Austin I believe. I would get chick fil a and study for my diff eq class back in like 2012 or some shit.

Sorry nobody likes your instagram.

The idea of social media was that you would be able to instantaneously talk to someone thousands of miles away - like the telephone or email steroids.
What the creators failed to realize is, however, that the constant connection to other people is detrimental to individuals and society as a whole.

Humans are social animals and we need contact with other humans. At the same time, humans need time to themselves; to think and ponder, and just be alone with their own thoughts.
We have seen throughout history that the greatest works of art, music, and literature arose from their creators isolating themselves for extended periods of time.
With the rise of social media, the internet, the "grid", this is no longer possible.

its hard to get people to use the app of my choice

Was it? I don't recall being part of that consensus.

Social media is inherently for people talking to people about people. It's nothing more than a pastime. The only benefit you get is the same you'd get from any other.

Attached: people.jpg (400x269, 43K)

>this is no longer possible
Choosing to not engage with society is just as easy today as it's been in every other part of history. The equivalent of not attending the forum is simply not picking up your phone.

i literally could not give less of a shit you fucking inbred douchebag

Your post implies otherwise. Not engaging would have been a better display of your apathy. I've never been more disappointed in you.

it's a fucking line for fast food
if you looked at a line from 30 years ago they would all be looking at nothing instead

Social media would have been ok if the people using it were high IQ.

Since most people are stupid, social media mirrors their flaws, leading to manipulations, addiction, attention whoring. Anything that becomes a mass success eventually has the same fate.

can we talk about something new, they have been making the same fucking shitty threads every single time god dammit, we know that social media made people more isolated, so what? I don't give a fuck, is not my fucking problem, even if they never existed you would never talk to a stranger, no one does, now stfu you dumbass boomer, I can get pussies from social media.

>can we talk about something new
Nothing prevents you from making the threads you wish to see here.

Whaaaaaa stop liking things I dont like!!!!

Fail?
It's literally holding up our economy post GFC. Social media is information efficiency. That's allowing so many people to head instability in the market that we may be avoiding crashes.

It's such a dumb thing to do though. It makes people mistrust their government more than knowing those words do. That's why our government used to avoid censoring info, as we "censor" info here by drowning it out in disinfo.
It is by far the more successful method.

The GFW resets and disconnects your connections randomly when you're using encrypted channels.

Make your own thread retard

this
anons need to stop subjugating their lack of self-esteem and cover up their social anxiety/apathy by considering others "NPCs". It's just a coping mechanism, really.

HAHAHAHA.

>You're just being a contrarian. Game of thrones is only rivaled by shit like the sopranos, breaking bad, the wire.
I couldn't stomach the first episode out of sheer boredom and abysmally slow pacing, and that's counting art house films. I gave it a fair chance, but it failed to convince me to care about it to warrant watching anything further.

>Jow Forums entertainment is not in any way smarter than TV drama.
I would call it an anti-social media website to be fair. There are no identities here. Posting personal information comes with a stigma to say the least. But hey, there's at least one worthwhile board and that's this one.

>one worthwhile board and that's this one.
Hmmm no. Maybe the generals are ok but Jow Forums is pretty much /v/ but with OSes. People spend all their time here defending their OSes like retards instead of actually using computers.

Yeah, you're a fucking "elitist" contrarian. About as stereotypical as they come.

/thread

>Yeah, you're a fucking "elitist" contrarian. About as stereotypical as they come.
What the fuck are you talking about? I just gave genuine reasoning why I couldn't get into it.

IQ is not a measurement of how smart a person is, you retard.

>Hmmm no. Maybe the generals are ok but Jow Forums is pretty much /v/ but with OSes. People spend all their time here defending their OSes like retards instead of actually using computers.
If you're looking only at those threads, that's on you.

>"You can have a nice car, but that doesn't make you a good driver"

Like that?

you're right

>car analogies

>2019
>payment and financial apps all on phones now
>everyone standing in line for food checking their wallets/bank accts/student aid
>dumb fucking trog comes along and says "WOW LOOK AT THESE RETARDS STARING AT THEIR PHONES NOT SOCIALIZING! SOCIETY IS FUCKED!"

>"You can have a nice ingredients, but that doesn't make you a good cook

>Why did social media fail so hard?
they didn't, their goal was to make money, the current goal is to manipulate opinions (+ money).
Nope.

They succeed because people with a negative iq can't wrap their minds around the possibility of not using social networks because:
they think they can't talk with families from everywhere in the world, which is wrong
they think they can't get pussies (or dicks) without them, which is wrong
and the most important one, they can't compare their miserable life with other people with the hope to find someone even more miserable, this one is true but it's narcissism.

What a retard.
I am doing all of this unironically and I am livnig a happy life.

Not gonna lie, it was pretty cool at first as a handsome late doomer sperg. Free pussy occasionally.

The term NPC has been around for half a decade now, and you're the only ones mentioning it ITT.
Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ, get a room and have sex already, instead of feeding this perpetual troll feedback loop.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBOzOVLxbCE

There, that's probably more to your liking, Mr Artsy-Fartsy.

It's not a terrible strip, but his spergy solipsism is on full display when he goes full "I live in a society
..."

It was supposed to make some companies rich.
It did that. At a very, very fucking damn high cost.

How is reading something worse than staring at someone's back or staring into space? If these people didn't have internet and phones, do you think they'd all be having chats, laughing, making friends, and so on? This kind of anti-technology stuff is so retarded and unrealistic. You've given people something actually interesting to do during mindless, boring parts of their day, like commuting, queueing, sitting in waiting rooms, etc., and that's somehow bad how? Bad for the old lady who used to like to try and make conversation with unwilling strangers, sure. But for everyone else it has been a godsend. If people don't want to talk to strangers, then there's your target if you view this stuff as a problem -- not the technology.

Because they made it free instead of charging a few bucks a month.
So now all social media platforms revolve around making you addicted so that you can consume as much ads as possible and a huge chunk of content consists of 'content creators' shoveling you some shit you should buy, some food you should eat or some trip you should make.

>youtube.com/watch?v=aBOzOVLxbCE
>There, that's probably more to your liking, Mr Artsy-Fartsy.
Great, instead of explaining what I'm missing out on, you've gone digging for some experimental "film" from the 60's. Totally makes me want to give Game of Thrones another chance.

70 years ago they'da all buried their faces in newspapers. Nothing has changed at all.

How did it fail? It did exactly what it's supposed to do. As always it's just humans misusing a technology.

>As always it's just humans misusing a technology.
Woah woah woah, we can't blame the fallible meatsack.
There, that inanimate carbon rod. It's all HIS fault!

Attached: FUEL_ROD.jpg (500x389, 56K)

>Why did social media fail so hard

Remember school, when most people were just rude and hostile to you without any reason? Now why do you expect people to suddenly change and be different, especially on the internet?

>it just makes you a social reject with no friends

Holy shit how much I hate this. I fucking hate WhatsApp already, I don't want to get bombarded by messages the instant I turn the fucking internet on you shitters. But If I dared to uninstall that piece of shit software it would throw me in a downward fucking spiral that would eventually cost my job, because people can't seem to be able to ask for shit by e-mailing you nowadays. Fuck whoever first thought an online-always instant messaging app was a good idea

Attached: 1286462088552.jpg (472x500, 57K)

It is also all forms of non-face-to-face entertainment.

Attached: Bin that phone.jpg (590x384, 123K)

Normiebook is a government issued ID.

A book in the hand of a monkey doesn't make him smarter.

>Why did social media fail so hard?
did it? seeems like they achieved their goal of chaining everyone to their data farms to milk us for data to train their AIs.

lolno

Who are you even quoting?

>Here's a secret buddy
Classic, quintessential, archetypal BAIT intro: Asshole daddy/boss posturing, guaranteed to trigger those with the relevant issues, particularly common in The United States Of Domestic Violence.
>You're no better
The rhetoric of fiendish equivocation often begins with an accusation of hypocrisy that may--or may not--be true. Though other games of generalized denying of distinction may be applied with the usual well-drilled BAIT technique, as we shall see.
> Jow Forums entertainment is not in any way smarter than TV drama
[citation of relevant demographic study required to refute BAIT opinion]
>Watching gay ass streamers---
Because we all equally share cringeworthy taste that we sperge to defend when our inarticulate brainlet wrath is aroused by BAIT.
>---is no better than watching gay ass TV shows
Asshole daddy/boss figure continues in his malignant narcissist vein of putting us all in our equally lowly place beneath his Godlike self, from which all BAIT descends.
>You're not special and no, nobody is an "npc", stop thinking you're special you dumb faggot blah blah blah blah....................
The BAIT composition reaches its expected, pre-calculated climax in a chum-slick of rudeness, expertly distilled from His leveling hand. Immortal proof that we are all worthless sinners has yet again been furnished for our edification--with fishes perhaps, and certainly the kinds of loaves pinched from the familiar hellfire and brimstone venues.

This is not to mention that in a face-to-face conversation all such tacticians of BAIT look so ludicrous that they couldn't pass as cartoon villains, never mind pathologically lying politicians. Or that in person there is about a million times more bandwidth through which to sense the true contours of a personality, IF you have the knack and the experience to do it. To the degree social media works against social virtuosity, it is 10% by accident, and 90% by design.

> Game of thrones is only rivaled by shit like the sopranos, breaking bad, the wire.

But those are all trash.

autism

BAIT.jpg

It had better be.

> Invented by kikes for a quick buck
> Benefit us
Top laff friend

>finally /pol arrived
what took you so long?

Attached: 1530597351145.jpg (636x358, 39K)

/thread

Anyone on Jow Forums who uses IQ as a metric for liking things like GoT proves that their IQ is less than 50

cringe

>Why did it fail?
Actually, it succeeded beyond measure.
Today exists the most lonely, miserable, single (have sex) generation in recent memory.

Thanks to social media:
>birth rates plummit,
>bugmen/women are growing rapidly,
>pair bonding is all but extinct
>single motherhood sky rocketing
>Easier than ever to propagandize then ever before, even with TV in every home

Social Media is a Globalists wet dream x100